Why wouldn't fans hit each other, or more?....

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

JJB
Honorary Asmodan

Why wouldn't fans hit each other, or more?....

Post by JJB »

One of the very few good ideas my former dumb and brutal (off line) league discussed was the possibility for fans of opposite teams to... errmmm.... 'interact'.

This was waaaaayyyy back in 1996 when we came across the vampires (the old version with evolutive vamps, with a hierarchy among them). We thought that vamps fans could 'vampirize' the opposing fans, making them join their ranks. Then we considered extending this to other teams.

Although the vampires no longer exist as a widely recognised team, I still think that fan interaction could be fun. In real life, supporters of teams sometimes hit each other after sporting events (I'm talking soccer essentially). Aren't Blood Bowl fans mostly hooligans?...

Of course, the result of this 'interaction' would be a loss or gain of 1 ff at most, and not automatically after each match.

For example, if a team causes a huge amount of casualties on another, we could roll a die to decide if disgusted fans not only drop their support for the beaten up team, but also join the ranks of the other. Similar reasoning for touchdowns.

That idea might also be applied in a way similar to a kickoff roll - something like 'stampede', where "the fans of one team decide to leave their half of the stadium to check if the view is better on the other half without making sure that the other fans have left their seats"....
Dark Elves could simply assassinate other fans, undead kill and reanimate supporters, wood elves could kidnap. I would give the best bonus to halflings, where their master chef could distract half, or more, of the opponent's supporters. They could either be too attracted by the smell of the pot to forget about the match altogether, or even join the ranks of the halflings because orcs have a true gourmet nature not adapted to rotten meat and beer made from macerated sweat...

Any opinions, ideas?

Reason: ''
MickeX
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MickeX »

I'm into the idea that only the fans of the other team will bash your player if they are pushed out. Normally, each teams fans occupy one side of the pitch each - but a big fan club could grab half the stadium at the opponents side in a half-time brawl.

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

There is an article in BBmag3 called "The fans are on the pitch" that contains house rules for fan interaction in the game.

GO STAMPEDERS!