Kickers

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Kickers

Post by Acerak »

With help from Tom, I devised Kickers for each race. These players should be added to your team roster in a 0-1 capacity if your league uses the Kicking Rules.

Code: Select all

TITLE               COST    MA  ST  AG  AV   SKILLS                            ACCESS
Orc Kicker         70,000    5   3   3   8   Kick                              G, K
Skaven Kicker      70,000    7   3   3   7   Kick                              G, K, M
Dark Elf Kicker    90,000    6   3   4   8   Kick                              G, A, K
Human Kicker       70,000    6   3   3   8   Kick                              G, K
Dwarf Kicker       80,000    6   3   3   8   Kick, Thick Skull                 G, K
High Elf Kicker    80,000    6   3   4   8   Kick                              G, A, K
Goblin Kicker      60,000    6   2   3   7   Dodge, Kick, Stunty, Right Stuff  A, K
Halfling Kicker    50,000    5   2   3   6   Dodge, Kick, Stunty, Right Stuff  A, K
Ghoul Kicker       90,000    7   3   3   7   Dodge, Kick                       G, A, K
Beastman Kicker    80,000    6   3   3   8   Kick, Horns                       G, S, K
Hobgoblin Kicker   70,000    6   3   3   7   Kick                              G, K
Wood Elf Kicker    90,000    7   3   4   7   Kick                              G, A, K
Amazon Kicker      70,000    6   3   3   7   Dodge, Kick                       G, K
Norse Kicker       70,000    6   3   3   7   Block, Kick                       G, K
Skink Kicker       80,000    8   2   3   7   Dodge, Kick, Stunty               A, K
Kik-Ra             80,000    6   3   3   7   Kick, Regenerate                  G, K  
Hope that worked.

Anyway, these players are meant to replace the substitution rule used for Kickers. In other words, Kickers no longer sub for Throwers. The numbers and stats given are test values based on Throwers where possible.

Cheers.

-Chet

Reason: ''
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

You mean I get to use my Dwarf Kicker model now.

SWEEEEEEEEET.

You just removed my one and only quibble with the rules Chet.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

See guys I told you Thradin would like this change in the kicking rules.

Thradin check out the MBBL site to see the new kicking rules.

Also the Beta 2.3 version of the PBeM has the kicking rules programmed into it if you'd like to try them.

Galak

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Hum... Not sure about it, but... I would find great that kicking is like passing an advantage for some teams. I mean, elves teams are better for passing, some teams (chaos, orcs ?) should be better in kicking... IMO, I would keep this positionnal player in some roster only, but if kicking should become (please note I saisd SHOULD ;)) official, it isn't possible to keep kicking access for some teams only...

Chet, Galak, you see what I mean ? Don't know if the beers I drunk this evening were too strong ;) but I'm not sure I'm clear here ;)

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

I think kicking should stand on its own. I see no reason why one team needs to be better at. I really like the revision to the rules and look forward to playing with them in a few weeks.

Galak

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

The only thing that seems to be missing is skill access. Are we to suppose that all kickers get General and Kicking skills or does this vary from race to race?

GO STAMPEDERS!
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Galak: I think about modelling teams rosters here. For example, the half orc roster on your website is a real alternative to the official orc roster, not only because of the kicker in the half orc team roster, but for a part.

So, what should be great is allowing kicking access for the 2rd level skill dice, for example (except the dwarf one, there are all linemen with kick), and keep the access of kcicker at the beginning just for some teams (let's say chaos... just an idea).

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Put it to a vote in the MBBL ... the overwhelming majority wanted 1 position on each roster.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Torg wrote:The only thing that seems to be missing is skill access. Are we to suppose that all kickers get General and Kicking skills or does this vary from race to race?
Changed the above to help.

Galak

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Hum. Why not ? I'm not against this, I'm not trying to say including kicker position is a silly thing, and so on...

There is an idea, I tried to give an idea which give kicking skills the same attraction than passing, or strengh ones (ie not allowed for every one in every case), after all, this is the aim of the post, isn't it ?

Haar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Haar »

I don't like it. You've just added another AG3 player to the Dwarf roster. I don't like it one bit. I would run a kicker no matter what, even if he didn't kick much, because he can handle the ball.

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Anyone consider giving goblins and halflings extra kickers ? :o

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Haar ... I personally don't think one extra AG 3 player on a Dwarf team will break them. In fact did you see the BB Mag #3 article on how Dwarves suck. Not that I agree but I don't think its the end of the world for balance. I like the way this is set up personally.

Sean ... actually kicking is kinda an anti-stunty type thing (short legs ya know) ... I had to negotiate with Chet that even they should be able to have one (which I think they should as the ST 2 is already a penalty to attempting kicks).

Galak

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

I dont really think of them as actually kicking the ball as controlled tackles lol.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

I still don't see why the hell a skaven team would pay 70K for a kicker to do something worse than a gutter can do it?

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!