Scramble

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Scramble

Post by Darkson »

This skill is probably out there somewhere (Galak, I'm talking about you)

Scramble : Passing trait

The thrower can move, pass the ball upto short range (cannot be modifed by strong arm) and then continue his move (if he has any MV left). The use of this skill must be declared before moving. This skill can also be used on hand-offs. Note: If the pass/hand-off is dropped by the receiver of fumbled by the thrower then a turn-over happens straight away and the thrower loses the rest of his MV.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Nope that onei s new.

I'm not sure I'd ever take it though ... usually I'm running as far as I can before I throw ... I almost never have MA left. Not enough to take it over Dump Off, Block, Accurate, and such.

Sorry don't mean to rain on the parade.

Galak

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I'd would've liked it for my Norse thrower as he would of been an extra bod in the fight in the middle (with Block and Dodge he could look after himself). Also could bee useful for putting TZ on players tostop them getting at the catcher (or whoever yo threw the ball to).

EG Short pass to catcher. Thrower continues and puts a TZ on the oppo blitzer. Catcher runs on. Blitzer can now either block thrower or ty to dodge away to get to the catcher.

I should lso have put in the original post that this skill can also be used with handoffs.

I admit it's not the greatest skill in the world but:
1) It's (semi) accurate to what I can remember seeing Quaterbacks do.
2) It's a bit more tactical.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Not a power skill.
But not half bad either.

Would definately come after pass and accurate - but then again, what doesn't. Depending on the team, I might take it :)

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Maybe if it worked on hand-off actions too, the skill would give a little more bang for the buck :D

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

plasmoid wrote:Maybe if it worked on hand-off actions too, the skill would give a little more bang for the buck :D
Sorry, my original post wasn't clear but I did put it in my reply to Galak. It does work with hand-offs, I've edited it to show this.

Moonsong
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Moonsong »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Nope that onei s new.
Not exactly, it was one of the rules added to 2nd edition with the release of Dungeonbowl, only it stated that the thrower could move before throwing, since before the thrower had to stand still before passing.

Moonsong

[img]http://www.bluemax.com/animate/websitefAGIFdownloads/Flags/AllNations/G-N/italy_clr.gif[/img]NAF Italian Organiser
tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

I still want to see the ability to run a catcher up to a player with the ball, take a handoff and then keep moving...

But I guess this would suffice :)

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

That would be an interesting skill to try out to see if it really works well or not.

GO STAMPEDERS!