EXP system replacing LRB Aging and MVPs

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Here would be the new results basically after 26 games based on the two sets of test data from Neo's team.

Keep in mind that your average player doesn't age until game 22 or 23 so these effects are very long term when they happen.

1st set of results

2 MA -1
1 AG -1
1 ST -1
5 Niggled players
18 games total missed from aging (13) or failed Niggles (5)

2nd set of results

Total effects in 26 games:
3 AV -1
4 MA -1
1 AG -1
2 Niggles
13 games total missed from aging (12) or failed Niggles (2)

If you had a team of 15 players with 6 EXP, 1 player would miss the next game each time due to this system. The overall balance is nice here and makes sense.

Galak

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Grumbledook wrote:so this is basically replacing the mvp and aging rolls, but u have to do it every match rather then when a player gains a skill correct?
Yes every match you'd roll for each player ... but once the player reaches 6 EXP only the 1s and 6s matter.

Galak

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

and there is no possability of a player getting aging untill after he has his first skill, do you roll for substitutes who didn't play like they would be able to get an mvp

and what about players who died in the match, not much point in that, but then at least this also means that a dead player can't get the mvp, which is a waste.

Takes a bit longer to do after the match, but you get then i would have to look up players aging rolls anyway in the current system, untill i remembered it that was.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Grumbledook wrote:and there is no possability of a player getting aging untill after he has his first skill,
Correct, a player could never age until he had at least 1 skill and then not until about 7 to 8 games after his first skill actually. Assuming he was only getting SPPs from EXP points.
do you roll for substitutes who didn't play like they would be able to get an mvp
Yes, any player eligible to play would roll for EXP ... this would include benchsitters just like the current MVP .. no change to that rule ... if you could have gotten the MVP under LRB, you roll EXP under this system.
and what about players who died in the match, not much point in that, but then at least this also means that a dead player can't get the mvp, which is a waste.
You wouldn't need to roll for dead players at all, and you are correct this system removes the old problem of freebooters and dead players stealing your MVP. I had missed this improvement ... thanks Grumble. ... one more reason I love this idea.
Takes a bit longer to do after the match, but you get then i would have to look up players aging rolls anyway in the current system, untill i remembered it that was.
I think you'd find it hardly takes any time at all really.

Galak

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

After some thought you have me convinced galak, though one thing i have always liked is the whole getting an MVP thing. It would be cool if the losing coach could pick a player on the opposing team who he thought was the most effective against him and then mark this on the team sheet, just for character to the game (pointless otherwise :p). On a draw roll off to see who gets it. The whole random mvp sucked anyway, a player getting killed dodging on his first turn never deserved to get an mvp.

I realise this is totaly pointless exercise other than for bragging, hall of fame kind of thing and strip me naked and call me george but i just like that side of the game.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Grumbledook wrote:After some thought you have me convinced galak, though one thing i have always liked is the whole getting an MVP thing. It would be cool if the losing coach could pick a player on the opposing team who he thought was the most effective against him and then mark this on the team sheet, just for character to the game (pointless otherwise :p). On a draw roll off to see who gets it. The whole random mvp sucked anyway, a player getting killed dodging on his first turn never deserved to get an mvp.

I realise this is totaly pointless exercise other than for bragging, hall of fame kind of thing and strip me naked and call me george but i just like that side of the game.
And in all honesty I think its a great house rule. I've seen leagues track stats like passing distance, squares running with the ball, time of possession, etc. All have no effect on the game, but they do add nice fluff if you are willing to track them. Go for it I say.

Galak