BB on Mobile!

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Lictor
Experienced
Experienced

BB on Mobile!

Post by Lictor »

How would we as a Blood Bowling Community get this to happen? I know at best it will only be like a FUMBBL format but as most mobile games cost 9.95 or less, this would be a fantastic way to spend time.

Reason: ''
purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

Sounds like a great idea. I have no idea how to go about it though.

Gropah
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Gropah »

I think this idea is somewhat superseded by the fact that the BB computer game will be available on DS and PSP.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Gropah wrote:I think this idea is somewhat superseded by the fact that the BB computer game will be available on DS and PSP.
Not if you don't have a DS or PSP.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Lictor
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Lictor »

Gropah wrote:I think this idea is somewhat superseded by the fact that the BB computer game will be available on DS and PSP.
And the point of having it on mobile is to play it when you are mobile. If you have friends that are willing to carry a battery, TV and console wherever you go I envy you. I live in Sydney and do a lot of travelling and don't play enough Blood Bowl although I am in two leagues.

For those who like their BB and travel, this works. Considering with Infra red you can play an opponent, probably with blue tooth as well though I am not familiar with any games that employ blue tooth in that fashion.

Everything is set to make this happen. If the Initial game proves popular, the mobile version will merely compliment it after the product matures in it's life cycle. Why? Because it cannot replace the console/PC version, and companies will always try to find a way to regenerate sales when volumes move slow.

I am not expecting a mobile version (If it happens) until after all the expansion packs have been sold.

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Lictor wrote:
And the point of having it on mobile is to play it when you are mobile. If you have friends that are willing to carry a battery, TV and console wherever you go I envy you.
Uh... DS and PSP are mobile. No battery, TV or console required to be carried around. :wink:

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

You would have to get the computer geek community to write an "app" suitable for Windows Mobile 6.x, Android (Google G1 phone from TMobile) and probably a few others as well to cover the bases of disparate types.

Turn by turn would be a PBEM affair, possibly using a text message for opponent turn updates.
Realtime for Bluetooth.
Or if lucky like me with Omnia i900, just use the web.

Thinking about it, if your phone is full web capable then just desgn the game in wap or small format flash online then have people login...

...my head hurts..

"In Dodge We Trust"
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

Pug wrote:...my head hurts..
A symptom of chewing too much greenstuff

Nuffle Sucks!
sumbloke
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sumbloke »

<spits>

You mean I'm not supposed to chew it?

Run away! It's an... um... run away!
-Nomad sentry
Gorbad
Disco Purist

Post by Gorbad »

The controls are the hard part (no proper mouse or keyboard), for the rest you can probably port the Java client over to most of the available phones and PDA's.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Gorbad wrote:The controls are the hard part (no proper mouse or keyboard),
Nor has the DS or PSP, but it works quite nicely on that.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.