The mark of Chaos

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

shaniepoo
Party Boy

The mark of Chaos

Post by shaniepoo »

Has any1 ever come up with the idea of giving the chaos (or maybe even Norse) teams the option of gaining a mark of chaos as a skill? Ive been thinking about it ever since a friend said he wanted to make a Slaaneshian norse team, this is what ive come up with so far:-

Mark of Khorne - +1S when blocking.(not when being blocked)
Mark of Nurgle - +1 AV.
Mark of Slaanesh - Players must roll under their AG to block this player.
Mark of Tzeentch - May re-roll any 1 die each turn.

Only availabe to chaos warriors and Norse blitzers when they roll a double (dont know wether to make it available to all the team?).
May only choose 1 mark per team.ie, you cant have 2 players with 2 different marks.
What do you think then?

Reason: ''
The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Hi,

I'm quite a big Chaos fan :wink: and I've always wondered how we could interpret Chaos in a more god specific sense on the Blood Bowl pitch. I thought long and hard over the space of about half a year as to what I could do to make the Chaos team more god specific and out of all my ideas the best was this...

Paint your team specific to your patron god.

No rules, no new mini's, nadda, zip. All you need to do is get cranking with that paintbrush to show your dedication. He want's his Norse to look Slaaneshi? Paint their strip in pink and purple. You really don't need any extra rules. For flavour you could go down the route of 'on a double the player must take claw or tentacles' to help with the Slaanesh styling. Maybe use Foul apperance and spikes for Nurgle, you get the idea. Maybe even paint a greater deamon and use it as your head coach (something I'm working on). I use Deamonettes as cheerleaders as well.

But this way you can take that team to any tournement and play them under the plain Chaos team rules. No extra bits here and there. Plus of course if you've done the job well people will instanly recognise the god your team is specific to.

If you're interested my Chaos team, The Slaaneshi All-Stars feature in Issue 3 of House Rulez magazine, under the NBBL in Da House article. Maybe this will inspire your friend.

You don't need extra rules, a paintjob is good enough 8)

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

How about these
Khorne - as Shaniepoo's idea
Nurgle - As above
Slaanesh - Beauteous Appearance (works like foul app)
Tzeentch - Pro skill

In addition to giving them as advances, i would allow 1 chaos champion to start with one for 20k (but only 1). In leagues with demon teams, a team would have to have at least one mark of chaos.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

What about bringing in a mark for Undivided, for those that worship the smaller gods....like me :?: Come worship me, God Mr Poo :P
You could give the mark of Undivided - Pro, and Tzeentch - automatic accurate pass on quick+short pass (just the pass, you still have to catch the ball) to resemble the magic/looking into the future and seeing where the ball should be thrown?

Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

For Khorne : Use Frenzy; Mighty blow; block
For Slaanesh : Use hypnothic gaze, claws, dirty player
For Nurgle : Spike, Hideous appareance
For Tzeench : Pro, dodge???
For universal chaos : Leader

PS : Have you read the new WH40K Chaos marine Codex ?

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
Trambi

Post by Trambi »

I prefer using skills cos it does not add rules.
In my mind, it's more a question of way of playing than rules (like for example Bright Crusaders, very gentle human team).

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

I have the new codex...drule, drule...its a very nice work of evil art.
Saying that ive been dissing it alot on www.firewarrior.com saying that its to easy to make a lord 'too' hard. It caused alot of contravercy.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I'd also like to see "marks", but there again I'd like to see a "proper" Chaos team (Warriors and Marauder) and a Beastman team (Gors, Ungors and Minator), but I can't see it happening.

(no, I'm not trying to start this agrument again.)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I guess I missed that arguement, so I say why not? I played the original 3ed unofficial Chaos Human and Chaos Beastman teams and found that they were a bit too much better than the original (current) Chaos team. I think they could work if modified a bit and they don't have to replace the old one, why not have 3 variations of Chaos to try?

The way I would suggest to do a Chaos Human team is take away the beastmen (duh) and add marauders that have the same stats as norse linemen, but I would only allow the CWs to get mutations (marauders haven't proven themselves worthy). Allow them the choice of an ogre or troll as a BG.

The Chaos Beastman team would be similar to the old one, just upgrade the ungors to be like other stunties, only access to agility skills, etc. Keep the beastagors as well, but only let the regular gors get mutations (they're the only ones you can get mutant minis for anyway). Allow them either a mino or a troll for BG. I don't know if this would work better than the original, might not be quite as powerfull, I don;t know. Any comments, constructive criticism, whatever?

GO STAMPEDERS!
Styrofoam King
Rookie
Rookie

Undecided mark

Post by Styrofoam King »

What if an Undecided player could (once a game) Enter the pitch from the Reserve box to replace a player who's been KOd or thrown out for fouling?

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Or what if,

if a player from chaos team gets

+1ST, say that he has the mark of Khorne on him
Foul appearance, say that he has the mark of Nurgle

or something like that. No need to come up with new rules, just call the appropriate mutations etc with different names.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

How about if you pay +20K and get to start with one mark of chaos on a player. Make it similar to what Mestari wrote; Khorne = +1 ST (or maybe just Frenzy), Nurgle = foul appearance, and have no idea what the others would be (maybe big hand for one).

GO STAMPEDERS!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I like the idea that slaanesh have beautiful appearence (works like fould appearence) Though FA would suit nurgle more, so maybe hybnotic gaze? Frenzy for khone +st seems silly to add to a strength team allready (even for just blocking).
Tzeentch, maybe dauntless, or nerves of steel.

I would also limit the marks to say 2 beastmen (or linemen, for the sakes of chaotic norse, human etc) Not sure on the price though, depends on the impact on the game 20 or 30k.

Styrofoam King
Rookie
Rookie

hmm.

Post by Styrofoam King »

Or maybe Slaanesh gets Dauntless? (wrapped in estacy)

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

What about if you said that the mark of Tzeentch gave you 1 free mutation?