The mark of Chaos

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Styrofoam King
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Styrofoam King »

>>>The way I would suggest to do a Chaos Human team is take away the beastmen (duh) and add marauders that have the same stats as norse linemen, but I would only allow the CWs to get mutations (marauders haven't proven themselves worthy). Allow them the choice of an ogre or troll as a BG.

I think the solution and reason behind Chaos Marks is explained above:

If a Chaos Warrior wants to start off with a mutation, he can pay an extra 20/30k at the start to buy it.

Ex:
Khrone- Fangs
Slaanesh- Claws
Nurgle- "Gut" (same as Spines)
Tzeenth-Big Hand

If a Chaos Warrior gains the skill later, then he "gains" the mark of his god (symbolic, no real effect on the game).

Maruaders, however, if they roll doubles can choose to gain a Chaos Mark- thus, they have only a limited range of mutations to choose from, but they still have some to choose from. And perhaps if your team includes people from several marks, Animosity?

If that player gains one of

Reason: ''
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Keep in mind that Tzeentch Chaos Horrors have been completely changed and are no longer the pink/blue horrors of old. Now they tend to have multiple arms instead of big hands and don't split :)

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

WHAT? no splitting? (can u tell the local game store doesnt even get new army list books) U gotta be kidding me.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Aye i bought a squad of pink blue horrors for 40k, spose i can hack the big hands off to mutate skaven players now ;]

Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

As far as I know (I don't play Warhammer or that) they no longer split, well certainly not from pink into blue horrors. They do look a lot different though.. And a lot neater :D

Styrofoam King
Rookie
Rookie

the horror, the horror

Post by Styrofoam King »

Well, if there was any doubt in m mind before, it's erased: those things deserve to be called Horrors! (shiver)

Now that I look at it, the Khorne mark should probably be the mutation Horns, as 1) It resembles the "+1 S to Blocking" that was mentioned originally 2) What better way to lead a team of Beastmen 3) Bloodletters still have horns, right? & 4) see below

Similarly, I can see how Slaanesh should have Beautifully Foul appearance

Therefore, every Warrior on the Chaos Team can find a sort of niche:

Khorne- Horns - Blitzer
Slaanesh - foul Appearance - Disrupter/Safety
Nurgle - Spines - Blocker
Tzeenth - Big Hand - Thrower/runner

You can of course take Ithilkir's reminder that horror's have many hands instead of big ones, but I think the Extra Arms (+1 to catching) would not be nearly as useful on a Chaos Team. If a chaos team was to worry about the ball at all, odds are they'd just pick the sucker up and run it downfield, killing everything in their path.

Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

GenoNBBL wrote:
Paint your team specific to your patron god.
the finest bit of house rules i've ever seen in my days... good job, man!

iron chef kosher
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Think I came up with this as a quick and completely un playtested Chaos mark team :)

Code: Select all

CHAOS KHORNE
Qty    Position                Mv St Ag Av   Skills                   Cost       Skill Groups
0-12   Marauder                6  3  3  8    -                        50,000     Gn
0-4    Marauder of the Hound   6  3  3  8    Block, Frenzy            70,000     Gn, St
0-4    Chaos Warrior           5  4  3  9    -                        100,000    Gn, St
0-2    Bloodletter             6  4  2  7    Daemon, Frenzy           100,000    Gn, St
Re-Roll: 70,000

CHAOS TZEENTCH
Qty    Position                Mv St Ag Av   Skills                   Cost       Skill Groups
0-12   Marauder                6  3  3  8    -                        50,000     Gn
0-4    Marauder of the Eagle   6  3  3  8    Pass, Jump Up            70,000     Gn, Pa
0-4    Chaos Warrior           5  4  3  9    -                        100,000    Gn, St
0-2    Horror                  7  3  4  7    Daemon, Multiple Arms    90,000     Gn, Ag

CHAOS NURGLE
0-4    Marauder of the Crow    6  3  3  8    Stand Firm, Thick Skull  70,000     Gn, St
0-2    Plaguebearer            5  4  3  7    Daemon, Foul Appearance  100,000    Gn, St 

CHAOS SLAANESH
0-4    Marauder of the Snake   6  3  3  8    Dodge, Side Step         70,000     Gn, Ag
0-2    Daemonette              7  3  4  7    Daemon, Hypnotic Gaze    90,000     Gn, Ag

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Thats not a bad list at all. Sorry i aint been involved in my own post much, but for some reason i dont get a msg telling me people have replyed to it. Ithilker, mind if i use that list? A mate is wanting to do a Slaaneshian team and it would kill 2 birds with 1 stone-play test the rules and shut him up :D

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Be my guest :) It's not play tested so there might be bugs and horrid effects, I assume no liability for any demons summoned either before, during or after the game ;)

Oh, I forgot to add physical skills to that list.. I'd advise them for any Marauder and Chaos Warrior. Not demons though.

Speaking of demons.. I treat them as normal players, but with an unmodifiable armour rating. Some people like to faff around with demon summoning rules and banishments to the warp... I like to just play the game :)

Let me know how it goes.

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

IMO, care should be taken to keep the mark-teams (if one really insists of using them instead of playing the chaos team in an according manner) at the same power level as the current team. The following changes should be made before playtesting:

Khorne:
Remove block from the other marauders

Tzeentch:
Drop AG to 3

Nurgle:
ok.

Slaanesh:
Drop deamonette AG to 3

Adjust player prices accordingly. This keeps them approximately at the same level as the current team.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Lucien Swift wrote:
the finest bit of house rules i've ever seen in my days... good job, man!
Works for me. I already have a Slaanesh team, just working on Nurgles Rotters now :D

Styrofoam King
Rookie
Rookie

Playtesting

Post by Styrofoam King »

Well, so far, me and my friends are playtesting the following team rules for chaos:

0-12 Beastman
0-6 Norse Lineman
0-4 Chaos Warriors

When you start a team, you may pay 20k to have any Beastman or Warrior to gain one of the following Chaos Marks

Khrone- Horns
Nurgle- Spines
Slaanesh- Claws
Tzeenth- Big Hand

A Norse Lineman may not gain Physical Traits, but if he rolls a double, he may take one of the above four Chaos Marks.

[I'll tell you how it works out.]

Krinosy

Another version of Chaos Marauders

Post by Krinosy »

I'll spam an un-tested idea for Chaos Marauders: an armoured running team, sort of like Dwarfs, but with less Block 'n' Tackle and more movement and strength. Maybe its just me, but I think the Chaos Warriors should be the recipients of their patron god's favours rather than the Marauders.

Chaos Marauders

Qty  Title            Cost  MA  ST  AG  AV  Skills              Advancement
0-16 Chaos Marauder  50,000  6   3   2   9  None                Gen, Str, Phys
0-2  Runner          70,000  6   3   3   8  Sure Hands          Gen, Pass, Phys
0-2  Blitzer         80,000  6   3   3   9  Block               Gen, Str, Phys
0-4  Chaos Warrior  110,000  5   4   3   9  Mark of Patron God  Gen, Str, Phys
Re-rolls: 70,000gp
Big Guys: Ogre, Troll

Mark of Patron God
Each Chaos Warrior bears the mark of his patron god - this has varying effects depending on the current whims of the Gods themselves. At the start of each game, roll a D6 for each Chaos Warrior on the team and consult the following table:

Roll Nurgle             Khorne          Tzeentch        Slaanesh
1    Bone-Head          Wild Animal     Take Root       Off For a Bite
2    Foul Appearance    Break Tackle    Big Hand        Jump Up
3    Spikes             Mighty Blow     Claw            Prehensile Tail
4    Thick Skull        Multiple Block  Two Heads       Tentacles
5    Stand Firm         Frenzy          Leader          Hypnotic Gaze
6    Roll twice, re-rolling the second die if it is the same as the first.

Note: each time a 6 is rolled, two more dice are rolled - this means that if one of those two dice is a 6 then two more dice are rolled, thus it is possible for an extremely lucky Chaos Warrior to receive all five skills if he rolls enough 6s. If a Chaos Warrior receives a skill that he already possesses due to advancement, that result has no effect.

Not sure how contemporary WHFB Chaos are these days, but Daemons could possibly make a separate roster:

Daemons

Qty  Title          Cost    MA  ST  AG  AV   Skills                                      Advancement
0-16 Cultist        40,000   6   3   3   7   None                                        Gen, Phys
0-2  Bloodletter   110,000   6   4   2   7   Frenzy, Daemonic Aura                       Gen, Str, Phys
0-2  Plaguebearer   90,000   5   3   3   8   Foul Appearance, Daemonic Aura              Gen, Str, Phys
0-2  Horror         90,000  6(7) 3   3   7   Extra Arms, Very Long Legs, Daemonic Aura   Gen, Agl, Phys
Re-rolls: 70,000gp
Big Guys: Daemon Prince

Title            Cost   MA  ST  AG  AV  Skills                                                Advancement
Daemon Prince  130,000   5   5   3   8  Mark of Patron God, Daemonic Aura, Unstable, Big Guy  Gen, Str, Phys
Daemonic Aura
A player with a Daemonic Aura can never have skills used to modify the armour or injury rolls against them (e.g. Dirty Player, Claw, Mighty Blow, etc), however treat any injury roll of 10 or above as a Death.

Unstable (adapted from the 'Machine' characteristic of the NFL LRB review, re-worded for wider use)
Unstable players for one reason or another, be it the fickle nature of the warp or mechanical problems, are prone to be unavailable for play at the most inopportune times. Roll a D6 before the game and again after every drive the Unstable player has been on the field. On a roll of 1, something has gone wrong and the player will be unavailable for the rest of the match. An apothecary may be used to heal this instability in the same way as a niggling injury.

Styrofoam King
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Styrofoam King »

I'm easy to please, but I like!

(I don't know about the Champions for only +10K. Most physical mutations are equal to traits [20k] , and the "Roll a 1" negatrait is far out weighed by the "roll a 6" unholy boon.)

True, the skill changes constantly, making the character unpredictable towards your game strategy, but I still think that the Champions should be raised to 110K or limited to two a team.

Other than that, I love the Marauder team. A strong human running team sounds like tons of fun.