Returning the cards

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Returning the cards

Post by martynq »

I'm intending to get a league going amongst friends again soon. I'm hoping I can persuade them to use the LRB rules (we used to use 3rd edition), but I suspect they all liked the randomness of the cards (at least the most vocal coaches do!). Does anyone have any thoughts about how I could return cards into the game without them dominating too much?

I considered toning down the roll for cards: Making a d6 roll where 1-5 produced 1 card and a roll of 6 produced 2 cards.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Martyn

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Get the cards and 'lose' them, they can't play with them if they can't find them.

Piepgrass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Piepgrass »

Burn them :pissed:

[size=150][color=red]VICIOUS[/color][/size]
The Copenhagen Wight.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Returning the cards

Post by GalakStarscraper »

martynq wrote:I'm intending to get a league going amongst friends again soon. I'm hoping I can persuade them to use the LRB rules (we used to use 3rd edition), but I suspect they all liked the randomness of the cards (at least the most vocal coaches do!). Does anyone have any thoughts about how I could return cards into the game without them dominating too much?

I considered toning down the roll for cards: Making a d6 roll where 1-5 produced 1 card and a roll of 6 produced 2 cards.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Martyn
Martyn, best suggestion I could offer is use the MBBL2 system with with a few minor changes would work well for the LRB 1.3 rules.

1) For every 2 cheerleaders you have roll a D6. If you get at least one 6, you may draw one Random Event card at the beginning of the match. (You may not earn more than one Random Event from this roll.)

2) For every 2 assistant coaches you have roll a D6. If you get at least one 6, you may draw one Dirty Trick card at the beginning of the match. (You may not earn more than one Dirty Trick from this roll.)

3) If you freeboot a Wizard for a game, you may draw one Magic Item card at the beginning of the match.

These rules are simple, limit the cards and offer a bit of flavor to the cheerleaders and assistant coaches without being off in left field. Best of all they limit the amount of cards in your game, but still allow them as possibles.

Galak

Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

Go through and take out the nasty cards like, pit trap,mine Injured in practice and possiably only give the lower rated team access to them or the higher team have a restricted deck.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
franck_le_grand
Veteran
Veteran

Post by franck_le_grand »

As zy-nox wrote...

In my leauge we still play with the cards, but have removed cards that directly can prevent a TD, like: mine, pit trap, trampoline trap, lurve potion etc.