Streamlining the Negatraits

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Corlus
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Corlus »

Furelli,

I like that idea. It simulates what a true wild animal would do when confused, running and hitting everything it could. How about letting players who may get hit a chance to dodge out of the way?

Reason: ''
Piepgrass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Piepgrass »

Why not make the WA a danger to his own team.

On a roll of one the WA is psyked into a killing frenzy by some (possibly imaginaring) rude or offensive comment from the nearest friendly player. The WA must make a block or blits action against the nearest teammate (if 2 or more ar at the same distance decide randomly) following the normal rules but ignoring assists on both sides. This will only cause a turnover if the WA gets knocked down and dont use up the blits action of the team for this turn.

What do people think about that?

Poul

[size=150][color=red]VICIOUS[/color][/size]
The Copenhagen Wight.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Piepgrass wrote:On a roll of one the WA is psyked into a killing frenzy by some (possibly imaginaring) rude or offensive comment from the nearest friendly player.What do people think about that?

Poul
BloodBowlCentral? :P

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Piepgrass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Piepgrass »

No i just thought it up. does this mean i have used someone elses idea without even knowing it. Spookey.

Poul

The Copenhagen Wight.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Sorry, it was just a facetious post, hence the :P
I'm sure some people 'got' it.

I'll get my coat....

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Deathwing wrote: I'll get my coat....
I have to know...... Is that a father Dougal quote?????
I HAVE TO KNOW!!!!!!!

Lucy
:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Piepgrass - I'm sure that Deathwing meant that perhaps the player was infuriated by some rude comment on Blood Bowl Central (known for it's bad tone).

Anyway - funny you should write that WA suggestion Piepgrass, because I was/am going to make the exact same suggestion!

Giving the WA a potential free blitz like Furelli suggested is probably not a good idea. AFAIK, WA did just that in an earlier incarnation which got canned because of it. You could only avoid the potemntial for a free blitz by making the WA move first (thus being the first to use the blitz action) - but IMO, forcing the order of play is not a good idea.

My suggestion is this:
(On a roll of 1) - the player must declare a block action, (even if there are no opponents to block). If there is 1 or more team mates adjacent to the player, then the player must block one of them (of your choice). The wild animal must knock the opponent down if possible, but no matter what the result of the block it does not cause a turnover.

How's that?

Piepgrass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Piepgrass »

My biggest problem is that this can potential be a good thing if the WA is next to a Player from the opposite team. Combined with something like Tentacles it would be an allmost sure catch against the bad side effect.

I think that a hybrid of our 2 suggestions like this could work:

On a roll of one the WA is psyked into a killing frenzy by some (possibly imaginaring) rude or offensive comment from the nearest friendly player (or Toby if the WA was surfing the TBB). The WA must make a block or blitz action against the nearest teammate (if 2 or more are at the same distance the coach of the WA decides who to attack) the Wa must take a result that knocks the player over if possible. Due to the sudden and unspectated attack neithet the WA or the victim gets any assist from nearby players.

Hows that?

Poul

The Copenhagen Wight.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Well that would definatly make me not take one for my skaven, no way would i want the risk of him attacking my players even if the opponents were nearer.

Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

Princelucianus wrote:
Deathwing wrote: I'll get my coat....
I HAVE TO KNOW!!!!!!!

Lucy
:smoking:
Lucy as far as i know it's not,

but then if that's wrong then i'll get my coat (sorry couldn't resist)

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Princelucianus wrote:
Deathwing wrote:I'll get my coat....
I HAVE TO KNOW!!!!!!!
It's from the Fast Show.

Cheers,
Martyn

Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

of course it is Ted, now wasn't there that problem with the drainage in the lower field?

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Piepgrass,
I think I worded it rather poorly. What I meant was:

on a roll of 1.
a) the player must take a block action.
b) if there is a team mate next to him, then the attack must be against a team mate (of his choice).

Personally I'd like to keep blitz actions out of this - primarily because it removes the question of what happens if you've already had a blitz action.

Better? :)

Piepgrass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Piepgrass »

Better worded yes, i get it now :) But i am not agreeing totally with you because of 2 things. :)

1. It feels wrong to me that the Wa just stands still and curses loudly if it fails the WA-test but is not standing next to a teammate.

2. Pilling on would protect against the Blockaction the Wa has to make since its on the ground. By including the blitzaction in the wording this is not an option for WA.

I dont see it as a problem that there is the possibility of an extra blitz-action, since it will only affect the team of the WA, so its not an bonus blitz at all.

Poul

The Copenhagen Wight.
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

ctually Piepgrass,
I've thought it over, and I've decided that I don't like using the blocking rules for the wild animals attack. It leaves room for too many questions like 'who picks the block die' or 'what happens if the victim is stronger than the WA'. Stuff like that.
Stuff like this just adds to the negatrait description, and I really wanted to make them as short and easy to remember as possible.

But I do like random attacks as the WA negatrait!
So how about this:
.....on a roll of 1 the player will attack a team mate of his choice, if there is one adjacent to him. The blindsided team mate is automatically knocked down, and the wild animal must use mighty blow skill to injure him. If there are no adjacent team mates, then the player does nothing.

Simpler, IMO, and still quite unpleasant.
Martin