SPP and Inaccurate passes

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

SPP and Inaccurate passes

Post by Darkson »

Seeing as SPP's are only awarded for throwing an Accurate pass which is caught by your team, how about awarding a receiver 1SPP for catching an Inaccurate pass?

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

Does this happen often?
I dont really see need for it.
I remember someone once wanting spps for players catching an accurate pass!!
This is a bit more valid,but rarely happens, in my games.
Its like should Big guys get spps for accurately throwing team mates?
You could always try it out as a house rule, then see the results of it, I'm guessing it wont be much :-?

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

The problem with giving SPPs for catching inaccurate pass is that it doesn't matter whether the ball baounces around a bit between player until it is finally caught to be considered a catch on inaccurate pass. It would make more sense to give SPP for catcher making the completion on accurate pass. Also, in football QBs get credited for TDs they throw as well as the player who made the TD catch, so why not give thrower 1 SPP for throwing a TD as well.

GO STAMPEDERS!
franck_le_grand
Veteran
Veteran

Post by franck_le_grand »

If you want some more SPP, give 2 SPP for throwing a LB.
We do that in my league and it works pretty good...

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Torg,

Sorry, didn't word it to clearly. I meant the catcher would get 1 SPP for catching the inaccurate pass direct (ie on the +0 modifier for an inaccurate pass), not for a bouncing ball.

If that doesn't meet with approval, how about catching a pass (accuarate or inaccurate, but on the catch roll) while in an opposistion TZ, but only if you haven't got NOS. Just seems fair that a player who stops the team from suffering a turnover should be rewarded.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Zy-Nox

Post by Zy-Nox »

But wouldnt the guy catching the ball, usually go on too score a td, seems wierd to awrd him points when he'll get them for scoring?
I really just dont see this happen enough though.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"