Alliance Teams - the Good Guy's Answer to Chaos Pact?

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Re: Alliance Teams - the Good Guy's Answer to Chaos Pact?

Post by mattgslater »

lucasluckydelux wrote:
mattgslater wrote:I've been thinking about an Imperial Pact for quite awhile. I was thinking you'd want Human Linemen, 0-2 Throwers, 0-2 Blitzers, an Ogre, plus 0-2 Halflings, 0-1 Troll Slayers and 0-1 Wood Elf Renegade.
I don't think that's very funny because that's just a human team with a much better catcher (but only one of them) and a different blitzer. I think the other alliance team is more interesting.
Plus a TTM game, slower, and with a better skill base. I think it's considerably different. If that's not enough, how about this?

Imperial Pact v. 2.0
0-16 Human Lineman
0-2 Human Thrower
0-2 Halfling
0-2 Dwarf Blocker
0-2 Wood Elf Lineman
0-1 Ogre
60k TRR

Hmmm... this is giving me visions of some kind of Fairytale Pact with 0-7 Dwarfs, a Witch Elf, a Werewolf, 0-3 Little Pigs....

Reason: ''
What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
lucasluckydelux
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lucasluckydelux »

mattgslater wrote:Hmmm... this is giving me visions of some kind of Fairytale Pact with 0-7 Dwarfs, a Witch Elf, a Werewolf, 0-3 Little Pigs....
lol

lucasluckydelux
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lucasluckydelux »

mattgslater wrote: Imperial Pact v. 2.0
0-16 Human Lineman
0-2 Human Thrower
0-2 Halfling
0-2 Dwarf Blocker
0-2 Wood Elf Lineman
0-1 Ogre
60k TRR
I'd take out the two human throwers. They already have the elfs to move the ball and they won't start with that much abilities.

I don't think this would be a great team but it would be funnier than Imperial Pact v1 :)

The Painted Goblin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The Painted Goblin »

mattgslater wrote:Hmmm... this is giving me visions of some kind of Fairytale Pact with 0-7 Dwarfs, a Witch Elf, a Werewolf, 0-3 Little Pigs....
Inspired! Yes, I can see it now in my minds eye....

I think I'd call the werewolf The Hairy Godmother! :D

This week, I will be mostly painting.....Dwarven Warriors (WHFB)

What the photon is PHOTON?
stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

Imperial Pact v. 2.5 :lol:
0-12 Human Lineman
0-2 Norse Lineman
0-2 Halfling
0-2 Dwarf Blocker
0-2 Elf Lineman
0-1 Ogre
60k TRR

Special Rule: Can have "any" Mercenaries from Human and Elf teams (catchers, throwers, blitzers)

Stars: Barik Farblast (60), Puggy Baconbreath (140), Eldril Sidewinder (200), Mighty Zug (260), Zara The Slayer (270), Bertha Bigfist (290)

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Me likey.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

If you really want a direct alternative to the Chaos Pact team, you could go for this.

0-16 Paladins 6-3-3-8 G,A,P 50k
0-1 Halfling
0-1 Wood Elf Lineman
0-1 Dwarf Blocker
0-1 Deathroller
0-1 Treeman
0-1 Ogre
60k TRR

Each position is a direct alternative to the Chaos Pact, Goblins - Halflings, Wood Elf - Dark Elf (High Elf would be more fluffy, but Wood Elf is different in game terms), Dwarf - Skaven (I did wonder about a Human Catcher for this position as a more direct alternative to the skaven 'runner'). The big guys speak for themselves.

The linemen are the same as marauders, but have traded S access for A.

In terms of balance, its obvious that the major developmental bonus of the Chaos Pact (mutations) would not be appropriate. However, I think that a lower RR cost coupled with the removal of animosity would go a long way towards solving this problem.

Patchwork
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Patchwork »

mattgslater wrote:Plus a TTM game, slower, and with a better skill base. I think it's considerably different. If that's not enough, how about this?

Imperial Pact v. 2.0
0-16 Human Lineman
0-2 Human Thrower
0-2 Halfling
0-2 Dwarf Blocker
0-2 Wood Elf Lineman
0-1 Ogre
60k TRR
That's the closest to a roster I like. I'd drop the Human Throwers and change the Ogre for a Treeman. I'd also give the elves and dwarves amnosity. They might all be lawfull or 'good' but that doesn't mean the elves and dwarves don't think they're superior to the other races and should be the ones to hold onto the ball because they'll do things 'right'.

nazgob wrote:If you really want a direct alternative to the Chaos Pact team, you could go for this.
I don't really care for trying to make that direct an alternative. I do like the positionals being other races linemen though and that should be the main base for the roster.

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

you've gotta have a treeman. nothing says 'good guys' like a treeman

Patchwork
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Patchwork »

nazgob wrote:you've gotta have a treeman. nothing says 'good guys' like a treeman
I'd hardly call Wood Elves 'good guys'... Halfings maybe... really I prefer the Treeman to the Ogre because I think the Heroes of Law had them in 1st Edition.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Animosity is pointless on a Dwarf or Halfling. Those guy already have three skills on their profiles, too.

Patchwork
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Patchwork »

mattgslater wrote:Animosity is pointless on a Dwarf or Halfling. Those guy already have three skills on their profiles, too.
Yep, nearly pointless on the dwarf. Might have an effect if you got a touchback and gave it to a dwarf in the hope of skilling him though or if one of them managed to grab a bouncing ball or get an interception. It does happen. It's more needed on the elves to make them a little less reliable and for fluff reasons if giving it to them, the dwarves make sense too. Bringing the dwarves to four skills doesn't seem like much of problem when one of the skills is a negi trait and I don't think it should be on the halflings. Unlike the dwarves and elves, they'd be less likely to have a superiority complex.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Ooh...

Averlander Pact
0-16 Halfling
0-2 Human Lineman w/Animosity
0-2 Human Thrower w/Animosity
0-2 Human Blitzer w/Animosity
0-2 Dwarf Blocker
0-1 Ogre
TRR: 70k
Stars: Griff, Grim, Morg, Puggy, Zara, Zug

Stirlander Pact
0-16 Halfling
0-2 Human Lineman w/Animosity
0-2 Human Thrower w/Animosity
0-2 Human Blitzer w/Animosity
0-2 Human Hunter 6/3/3/7 Animosity, Shadowing, Stab, Stakes GA 90k
0-1 Ogre
TRR: 70k
Stars: Bertha, Griff, Morg, Puggy, Zara, Zug

Nordlander Pact
0-16 Human Lineman with Animosity
0-2 Human Thrower with Animosity
0-2 Wood Elf with Animosity
0-2 Human Blitzer with Animosity
0-1 Ogre
TRR: 60k
Stars: still workin'.

Ostlander Pact
0-12 Imperial Lineman 6/3/3/8 Animosity G 50k
0-12 Kislevite Lineman 6/3/3/7 Animosity, Block G 50k
0-2 Imperial Thrower 6/3/3/8 Animosity, Pass, SH GP 70k
0-2 Imperial Blitzer (Human w/Animosity)
0-2 Kislevite Runner (Norse w/Animosity)
0-1 Ogre
TRR: 60k

Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

SillySod wrote:Pirate team!

0-8 Human Pirates 6 3 3 8 Animosity GA/SP
0-8 Orc Pirates 5 3 3 9 Animosity GS/AP
0-2 Goblin Lookouts 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff A/GSP
0-2 Bombardiers 6 3 3 8 GAP/S Bombardier
0-2 Black Orcs 4 4 2 9 GS/AP
Ogre? (mighty anchor!)

60k Re-rolls

Star Players - Bomber Dribblesnot, Captain Hat, Giant Octopus, Jeeves the Thieving Monkey, Morg, Sinnedbad

Captain Hat - 6 3 3 8 Animosity (with everyone!), Leader, Stab, Disturbing Parrot
Jeeves the Thieving Monkey - 6 1 4 6 Dodge, Sure Hands, Animosity A/GSP
Giant Octopus - 3 6 1 9 Secret Weapon, No Hands, Tentecles, Regenerate
Arrrr, especially like the Parrot. I would go for 0-12 human pirates with no A access. The bombardiers should be based on Orc throwers, have secret weapons and animosity. No Orc lineman for the animosity to have some effect.

Instead of the ogre maybe the octopus. No secret weapon but Fish Out Of Water. On a roll of 1 he does not loose his tackle zone but is wondering why he is on pitch. Panicking he is immobilised and firmly holds everyone in his tackle zones, even his team mates. Also give him always hungry and TTM.

Nuffle Sucks!
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

Better: give the linemen -1MA and sprint to represent their sea legs and they get S as normal skill access.

Nuffle Sucks!