Alliance Teams - the Good Guy's Answer to Chaos Pact?

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

axiom
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Alliance Teams - the Good Guy's Answer to Chaos Pact?

Post by axiom »

I like the idea of Chaos Pact as it harks back to the older pick and mix type teams. My gaming group and I have been playing around with a Good/Neutral race equivalent. We've tried to imitate the Chaos Pact approach fairly closely by taking the 'basic' stat from each race. We included a Saurus to make up for the lack of other big guys. Finally we put in a rule which is based on animosity but represents particular racial hatreds. Here's where we are currently:

0-12 Human 6 3 3 8, 50k, Skills: None (G/ASP)
0-1 Elf 7 3 4 7, 70k, Skills: Enmity (Dwarf) (GAP/S)
0-1 Dwarf 4 3 2 8, 70k, Skills: Block, Enmity (Elf), Tackle, Thick Skull (GS/AP)
0-1 Halfling 5 2 3 6, 30k, Skills: Right Stuff, Stunty (A/GSP)
0-1 Slann* 6 3 3 8, 60k, Skills: Leap, Very Long Legs (GA/SP)
0-1 Saurus* 6 4 1 9, 90k, Skills: Animosity (GS/AP)
0-1 Ogre 5 5 2 9, 140k, Skills: Loner, Bone-head, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Throw Teammate (S/GAP)

*Slann and Saurus players count as the same race for the purpose of Animosity.

0-8 Re-roll counters: 70,000 gold pieces each
Star Players available for inducement: Helmut Wulf, Morg ‘n’ Thorg, Zara the Slayer, Griff Oberwald, the Mighty Zug, Puggy Baconbreath.

New Special Rules
Enmity (Extraordinary): A player with this skill does not like players from his team that are of a specific race with which his race has deep-seated and long standing hatred. The race in particular is identified in brackets in the skills listed, for example Enmity (Dwarf). The player will often refuse to play with team-mates of the race identified despite the coach's orders. If this player at the end of his Hand-off or Pass Action attempts to hand-off or pass the ball to a team-mate that is of the identified race, roll a D6. On a 2+, the pass/hand-off is carried out as normal. On a 1, the player refuses to try to give the ball to the team-mate of the identified race, but may give the ball to any other team-mate with whom there is no enmity. The coach may choose to change the target of the pass/hand-off to another eligible team-mate, however no more movement is allowed for the Enmity player, so the current Action may be lost for the turn.

Any feedback would be welcome :)

Reason: ''
http://www.magpieandoldlead.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.beastfaceminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
mrbrownesquire
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Alliance Teams - the Good Guy's Answer to Chaos Pact?

Post by mrbrownesquire »

I like the idea.

What about a treeman instead of the Slann and Saurus. Lizards have always been neutral to me, rather than good or evil. Then you have more of an 'Old World' theamed team.

I am not sure if the emnity rule is enough because how often will the AG2 dwarf be involved with the ball given all the other AG3/4 players? Perhaps it should be extended to include not offering assists to the other race as they enjoy seeing that other race getting smacked around?

How have these guys worked out in playtesting?

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I've been thinking about an Imperial Pact for quite awhile. I was thinking you'd want Human Linemen, 0-2 Throwers, 0-2 Blitzers, an Ogre, plus 0-2 Halflings, 0-1 Troll Slayers and 0-1 Wood Elf Renegade.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
axiom

Post by axiom »

mrbrownesquire wrote:I like the idea.

What about a treeman instead of the Slann and Saurus. Lizards have always been neutral to me, rather than good or evil. Then you have more of an 'Old World' theamed team.

I am not sure if the emnity rule is enough because how often will the AG2 dwarf be involved with the ball given all the other AG3/4 players? Perhaps it should be extended to include not offering assists to the other race as they enjoy seeing that other race getting smacked around?

How have these guys worked out in playtesting?
Can't believe we didn't think of a Treeman in the team :)

We haven't taken the team down the route of a long league, so it would be interesting to see how they develop, but the early stages show they're not as flexible as Chaos Pact because you can't upskill the Humans as easily. The Slann and Elf make for useful mobile players, and the Saurus, Dwarf and Ogre work nicely to bash the opposition. A starting team is quite slow (especially if the Elf and Slann get taken out early) and does lack for basic skills however.

Your suggestion on Enmity would be interesting - it would be good to have a skill which is more than a race-specific Animosity. I like the idea of not permitting assists - any other potential alterations?

lucasluckydelux
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lucasluckydelux »

mattgslater wrote:I've been thinking about an Imperial Pact for quite awhile. I was thinking you'd want Human Linemen, 0-2 Throwers, 0-2 Blitzers, an Ogre, plus 0-2 Halflings, 0-1 Troll Slayers and 0-1 Wood Elf Renegade.
I don't think that's very funny because that's just a human team with a much better catcher (but only one of them) and a different blitzer. I think the other alliance team is more interesting.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Oooh... Lustrian Pact
0-16 Skink
0-2 Amazon w/Animosity
0-2 Slann w/Animosity
0-2 Amazon Thrower w/Animosity
0-2 Saurus
0-1 Kroxigor
70k TRR

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Personal taste perhaps, but I'd like a bit more choice in my pact team.
We've got one chaos pact team, and it works, but we don't need a duplicate list.

So here is my take. It's had 10 games of playtest:

TILEAN TEAM ("good pact")
0-16 50K Linemen 6337 sure hands G
0-* ***K Allies (Elf, Dwarf, Human, Norse, Amazon)
Rerolls: 80K
The team may spend up to 500K on players or mercenaries (not journeymen) from the allied team lists.No duplicates may be bought. These allies all have the Animosity skill.

Ooooh, the possibilities :orc:

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

plasmoid wrote:Personal taste perhaps, but I'd like a bit more choice in my pact team.
We've got one chaos pact team, and it works, but we don't need a duplicate list.
Lustrian Pact v2
0-16 Skink
0-4 Slann w/Animosity
0-4 Saurus
0-1 Kroxigor

axiom

Post by axiom »

I like the idea of having Old and New World Pacts - it solves the problem of having Slann and Saurus in the wrong place. You could even include Vampires in the New World Pact from the Vampire coast

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Matt,
not exactly what I meant.
Try using my list to create 2 viable rosters. Can you break it?

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Not my cup of tea. I don't like lists that deviate too far from accepted formats.

3x TRR: 240k
5x Lineman: 250k
2x Elf Blitzer: 220k
2x Dwarf Blocker: 140k
1x Amazon Linewoman: 50k
1x Amazon Blitzer: 90k

2x TRR: 160k
6x Lineman: 300k
3x Dwarf Blocker: 210k
1x Snow Troll: 140k
1x Ogre: 140k
1x Apoth: 50k

3x TRR: 240k
5x Lineman: 250k
3x Dwarf Blocker: 210k
1x Ogre or Snow Troll: 140k
3x Amazon: 150k

SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

Pirate team!

0-8 Human Pirates 6 3 3 8 Animosity GA/SP
0-8 Orc Pirates 5 3 3 9 Animosity GS/AP
0-2 Goblin Lookouts 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff A/GSP
0-2 Bombardiers 6 3 3 8 GAP/S Bombardier
0-2 Black Orcs 4 4 2 9 GS/AP
Ogre? (mighty anchor!)

60k Re-rolls

Star Players - Bomber Dribblesnot, Captain Hat, Giant Octopus, Jeeves the Thieving Monkey, Morg, Sinnedbad

Captain Hat - 6 3 3 8 Animosity (with everyone!), Leader, Stab, Disturbing Parrot
Jeeves the Thieving Monkey - 6 1 4 6 Dodge, Sure Hands, Animosity A/GSP
Giant Octopus - 3 6 1 9 Secret Weapon, No Hands, Tentecles, Regenerate

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
yumi_cheeseman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by yumi_cheeseman »

Silly, what is the point of having regenerate on a star player with secret weapon? :P

I think the star players should be revamped, but I would TOTALLY play that pirate team! :D

(2-3 orc pirates for the line, humans to move the ball with the gobbos! and then just the hilarity of bombardiers :P

I'd prefer for the first list:
0-12 Human 6 3 3 8, 50k, Skills: None (GA/SP)
0-2 Elf 6 3 4 7, 60k, Skills: None (GA/SP)
0-2 Dwarf 4 3 2 9, 70k, Skills: Block, Tackle, Thick Skull (GS/AP)
0-2 Halfling 5 2 3 6, 30k, Skills: Right Stuff, Stunty (A/GSP)
0-1 Treeman 2 6 1 10 120k Loner, Take Root, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Strong Arm, Thick Skull, TTM (S/GAP)
0-1 Ogre 5 5 2 9, 140k, Skills: Loner, Bone-head, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Throw Teammate (S/GAP)

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Matt,
fair enough.
I for my part don't like teams where I can't see the niche. IMO what makes chaos pact interesting is not that it is "mixed", but they have 3 big guys. That's a nice gimmick to attract coaches. I'm not sure "good pact" has any of that.

Ah well.
For the record though, my last said no duplicates.

Cheers
Martin

Overhamsteren
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Overhamsteren »

So the good pact could get 6 niche players.

0-16 Champions of Light 6 3 3 8, 50k, Skills: None (GA/SP)
0-1 Dwarf Blocker
0-1 Wardancer
0-1 High elf thrower
0-1 Elf Catcher
0-1 Norse Werewolf or blitzer
0-1 halfling or 0-2 or 0-4 Halflings or 0-1 vampire or 0-1 amazon blitzer

No animosity since they are good and noble at heart. The elfs and dwarf could have no assist enmity though.

there is Nuffle, always in my lawn
peering through my keyhole
wanting to touch my low hanging fruit