Idea for Tzeentch Team

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

graeme27uk
Veteran
Veteran

Idea for Tzeentch Team

Post by graeme27uk »

Tzeentch Team
16 60k Acolyte 6 3 3 8 Gift of Tzeentch
4 90k Horror 6 3 3 8 Extra Arms, Disturbing Presence, Split, Loner
4 110k Tzeentch Sorcerer 6 3 3 8 Gift of Tzeentch, Magical Aptitude
1 140k Flamer 8 4 3 8 Loner, Leap, Bombardier, No Hands, Pro, Safe Throw, Nerves of Steel

Gift of Tzeentch - player gains a random ability from list. This lasts for one half. Reroll each half and for each new game.

Split = if armour is broken then splits into two blue horrors (5 2 3 7, stunty) place one in player square and one in random place next to original. At end of drive then if two blue horrors remain they merge back to form Pink Horror. If not enough blue horrors then Pink Horror dies and must be removed from roster.

Magical Aptitude - Roll d6. On a 1 place the player prone and roll d6 (1,2 = Prone, 3,4 = Stunned, 5,6 = KO'd). On a 2+ then may increase any stat by 1 or take any skill from list. Effect lasts for 1 turn.

Random Mutation table (d20)
1 = -1 MA
2 = -1 ST
3 = -1 AG
4 = -1 AV
5 = Titchy
6 = Stunty
7 = Thick Skull
8 = Strong Arm
9 = Sprint
10 = Extra Arms
11 = Two Heads
12 = Tentacles
13 = Prehensile Tail
14 = Foul Appearance
15 = Disturbing Presence
16 = Big Hand
17 = Claws
18 = Very Long Legs
19 = Pro
20 = Hypnotic Gaze

Magical Aptitude "Spell" List
Block, Dodge, Stand Firm, Leap, Sprint, Side Step, Pro, Dauntless, Shadowing, Strip Ball, Mighty Blow, Hail Mary Pass

(I think the Spell list above may be too generous)

NB: I have included changes from the other post.

Reason: ''
BoomFrog
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Idea for Tzeentch Team

Post by BoomFrog »

WAY too much rolling, especially at the beginning of each drive. Maybe once per half, but that's already a lot to keep track of. I was thinking about a "Chaos Cultist" list for a while (like a week). I like mutations, but I want a throwy mutant team to play with. So how about linemen with only M access!

Chaos cultists list:
0-16 Cultist 6337 40K M/GASP
0-4 Chosen Ones 6338 60K Chosen SM/GAP
0-1 Cult Leader 6338 70K Leader, Nerves of Steel MP/GAS
0-1 Greater Demon 5629 160K Summoned, No Hands, Loner, Wild Animal, Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Thick Skull, MS/GAP

The Chaos cultists team can induce a wizard for free and can use it once during each half.
Rerolls: 60K

Chosen: This player can sacrifice itself as an action. It is automatically taken as a casualty, roll on the casualty table. Roll 1d6, on a 2+ you may place one player with the Summoned skill onto the pitch in the square vacated by the Chosen player

Summoned: This player may not be set up at the start of a drive and can only enter the pitch by use of the Chosen skill.

I'm sure it could use some adjusting, I don't even know if it's too strong or too terrible. I know M on a big guy is unheard of but at least I didn't give him claws, disturbing presence, foul appearance and prehensile tail to start with like I wanted to.

Edit: Took block off the big guy.

Ullis
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ullis »

I agree that the first list involves too much rolling and it would be a nightmare to keep track of too.

The second list has a nice idea in the Summoning thing. But it's far too powerful as one of the Chosen players could always be kept as the designated summoner. Actually MNG's could make the team very hard to control from game to game. And the free wizard, per half too!, is one of the most ridiculously overpowered ideas I've ever seen. Maybe price the inducement wizard at 100k or something. The big guy is also too powerful with ST6, Block and Frenzy.

BoomFrog
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BoomFrog »

Well the Demon and the wizard are the major benefit of the team. Very few of your guys have block, there's no dodge and you're all agi 3 strength 3, you've got no game if it weren't for the wizard. I'd rather balance the free wizard by upping the cost of the basic cultists (and thus the whole team), but keeping the wizard free means you can use it even as the overdog so you can build your strategy around it. Maybe each half is too much though.

And the Demon cost one guy per drive you use him on. I think he should be on par with the death-roller. I guess drop the block, it is a bit too good.