Bioniks and Orcs idea... what do you think?

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

graeme27uk
Veteran
Veteran

Bioniks and Orcs idea... what do you think?

Post by graeme27uk »

I like greenskins... the potential for the team is huge and in previous leagues I have had much success with them.

However, I also like converting mini's and whilst I want to make my own orc team (something based on...)

http://www.thenaf.net/index.php?name=PN ... pic&t=4582

I also like the weirdness of mutations (hence the Chaos Orc topic I started in a vain hope). However the idea of bionics (bioniks) has also intrigued me as there is lots of potential conversion options there as well.

The cyborc rules on http://www.midgardbb.com/MBBLTeams/Cyborc.html are ok. But I was hoping that I could take a "normal" orc team and just give them bioniks instead of skills if they roll a double.

I am imagining chainsaw arms black orcs, telescopic legs throwers, gyroscopic monowheel blitzers...

But then I am also drawn to a more primative savage look, though I guess I could combine the two.

EDIT:

Reading through the Cyborc rules they need updating for LRB6.

I will have a go and tinker with them, post them and then wait for the flaming to commence. :lol:

EDIT:

Thinking about making them fit with the fantasy world of BB, I could make their bioniks steam powered, converting them so they have pipes and stuff like WM mini's. That would explain how they work. Or maybe give them Warpstone powered gubbinz, though that is more Skaven I guess.

Reason: ''
graeme27uk
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Orcs

Post by graeme27uk »

Cyborc Team

0-16 Grunt 5 3 3 9 GB/ASP
0-8 Goblins 6 2 3 7 AB/GSP
0-4 Black Orcs 4 4 2 9 GSB/AP

B = bionik access

Not sure about the big guy...

Options are:

1) some kind of unique orky mechanical contraption

2) a bionik ogre/troll

EDIT:

Looking at the Cyborc bionics chart and rules... modifying them to LRB6 would it fit that if you chose to take a bionik as a skill increase then you get the Bonehead trait to represent the fact that bioniks are unreliable.

Or would a team full of Bonehead break the team?

Also bioniks seem to combine skills. So for example:

a Buzzsaw arm could simply be the Chainsaw secret weapon.

a Claw arm could be Claws and Big Hand combo.

Deffkopter blades could give Leap and Sprint.

How would you cost these considering that they also give Bonehead, assuming that you go with those rules.

Also thinking about the actual roster....

How about...

0-16 Mekanorc 5 3 2 8 Random Bionik GB/ASP 60k

0-4 Minimek 6 2 3 7 Random Bionik,Stunty,Right Stuff AB/GSP 50k

0-4 Bigmek 4 4 1 9 Random Bionik GSB/AP 90K

0-4 Flashgit 6 3 3 8 Random Bionik GSB/SAP 90K

0-1 Dreadmek 4 5 1 9 3xRandom Bionik, Loner, Really Stupid SB/AGP 110K

The problem I can forsee is the Random Bionik. If we go along with the fact that Bioniks give Bonehead to represent them breaking down then EVERYONE on the team has Bonehead.
This may make the team too broken.

Also bioniks are rolled from a table so unless all the bioniks are equal and balanced for this table then you could end up overpowering the team.

EDIT:

Alternate for Bonehead.

Option 1:

Malfuntion - Roll d6 per bionik for each player with a bionik at the start of each set up. On a 1 then that player may not use that bionik that drive, losing their benefit.

Option 2:

Malfuntion - Roll d6 for each player with bioniks at start of each set up. On a 1 that player may not use any bioniks for that drive, losing their benefit.

Option 3:

Malfuntion - Roll d6 for each player with bioniks at start of each set up. On a 1 place them in the Reserves box as they get fixed. Roll again each set up.

Option 4:

Malfuntion - Roll d6 for each player with bioniks at start of each set up. On a 1 place them in the Reserves box as they get fixed. Roll d6 each turn. On a 4+ they can be placed on the TD zone or sidelines (own half only) as they join play. They function normally that drive.

Option 5:

Malfunction - Roll d6 per turn per bionik. On a 1 that bionik does not function and the player gains no benefit.

Option 6:

Malfunction - Each turn roll d6 per player with bioniks. On a 1 something goes wrong and they must make an Armour roll with subsequent Injury roll if needed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Re: Bioniks and Orcs idea... what do you think?

Post by inkpwn »

I think it would make the most sense if you just re-skinned chaos.

Beastmen: cybork linemen
Chaos warriors: Mega nobz
Minotaur : killa kan

Also just swap mutations to upgrades:

Tentacles: doctor octopus arms
Horns: a bayonet or buzz saw arm attachment
Claw: a big mechanical claw or power fist
Very Long legs: the zagstruk legs
Two heads: second robot head or security camera
Disturbing presance: skin falling off robot bones
Giant hand: power fist hand
Umm.... can't remember the rest of the mutations off the top off my head but yeah I don't see why you guys are making this so complicated.

Oh and regular skill could be represented with upgrades too, like a power fist for mighty blow or strong arm, or springed legs or a rocket for leap.

Yeah the low armour value can be explained by shody workmanship the apothecary is your painboy mechanic and you don't have grots because they arnt worthy/can't take the upgrades physically. The wild animal on the killa kan can be attributed to poor mechanics and a simple minded pilot. Oh and the horns woulf be on all the linemen because what self respecting cyborkl would walk onto the pitch without something sharp.

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Re: Bioniks and Orcs idea... what do you think?

Post by Smurf »

Technically it is allowing a team to gain mutations via bionics and or secret weapons.

It's fun.

Maybe think of 'Weird boyz' than can get any bionics. Whilst anyone else gets a bionic on a double.

0-4 grots
0-6 Weird boyz orcs
0-6 Black Orcs
0-1 Troll

Most normal orcs think they are mad. But the grots like feeling hard, Black Orcs are hard and Weird Boyz orcs are mad.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)