Ogre position players

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Ogre position players

Post by Ithilkir »

Thinking about starting a small Ogre league (SkiJunkies Java client) and rather than just having the basic Ogre player, I was thinking off some positional players. Keep in mind that it's only ogres playing so no need to think of balance between them and other teams :)

I had this initially:
(Note: TTM and Big Guy have been removed for stream lining purposes)

(0-12) Lineogre | 5 4 2 9 | Bone Head, Thick Skull | 100k
(0-6) Blocker | 5 5 2 9 | Bone Head, Thick Skull, Mighty Blow | 120k
(0-4) Blitzer | 5 4 3 9 | Bone Head, Thick Skull, Break Tackle | 120k

Obviously starting cash has to be worked out, but any ideas?

Reason: ''
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Keep Throw Team Mate, leave them all as 0-12 linemen and add 4 goblins or even snotlings to the roster

Re-Rolls 70k

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Re: Ogre position players

Post by Mestari »

I would perhaps go for different team concepts as follows:

Vanilla ogre team
Lineogres + 4 blockers +2 blitzers

Running team
Lineogres + 2 blockers + 2 blitzers +2 runners

Blitzing team
Lineogres + 2 blockers + 4 blitzers

Da throwing team (if you want to have fun with the concepts...)
Lineogres + 2 blitzers + 2 catchers +2 throwers

Anyhow, there should be some differences between the teams... these are just preliminary ideas to introduce that concept - varying TRR costs etc could be used to differentiate them a bit more, while still keeping all the teams definitely as ogre teams.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

0-12 Ogre Linemen 4/4/1/9 BG, TTM, Bonehead 90k
0-6 Ogre Blitzer 5/5/2/9 BG, TTM, Bonehead 120k
0-4 Goblin 5/2/3/7 Stunty, Dodge 40k
rerolls 60k

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

0-8 Ogre Blitzer 5 5 2 9 TTM, Thick Skull, Bonehead, Mighty blow (standard ogres)
0-4 Goblins 6 2 3 7 Stunty, Right stuff, Dodge

Reroll : 80(or 100 or 120) kGP
You can start an ogre team with eleven players.

Optionnal position for ogre :
(0-6)Lineogre 4 5 2 9 TTM, Thick Skull, Bonehead 100kGP
(0-6)Blocker 4 5 1 9 TTM, Thick Skull, Bonehead(or really Stupid), Mighty blow 100kGP
(0-2)Runner 6 4 2 8 TTM, Thick Skull, Bonehead,Sure hands 130kGP
with (0-4) standard ogre and reroll : 100 or 120 kGP
PS : Thank to Binja

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Hum... Guess it has something to see with the next ogres releases! I'd rather use thads' ou trambi rosters, because it's important IMO to keep all the ogres with a 2AG.

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

DaFrenchCoach wrote:Hum... Guess it has something to see with the next ogres releases! I'd rather use thads' ou trambi rosters, because it's important IMO to keep all the ogres with a 2AG.
Thank you DFC :)
The first roster is more in harmony with the background than the second one.

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Well goblins/snotlings are certainly out for the first season. I want it to be Ogre Blood Bowl, not Throw the goblin Blood Bowl :)

Anyway, this is the roster I've settled on just now, if the league (might go PbeM instead of Java) picks up I'm sure we'll see any problems in it.

Code: Select all

Qty    Position                Mv St Ag Av   Skills & Traits          Cost       Skill Groups
0-12   Ogre Lineman            5  4  2  9    Bone Head, Thick Skull   100,000    Gn, St
0-6    Positional Ogres
-      Ogre Blocker            5  5  2  9    Bone Head, Mighty Blow   120,000    Gn, St
                                             Thick Skull
-      Ogre Blitzer            6  4  2  9    Bone Head, Break Tackle  120,000    Gn, St
                                             Thick Skull

* You can only have a total of 6 positional Ogres on the team. eg 3 blockers and 3 blitzers, or 5 blockers and 1 blitzer

Re-Roll: 100,000
Starting Team Gold: 1,500,000
The cost of the players will prove a problem since each team starts at TR150. The simplest way is to 'fudge it' by that I mean if a team has less than 11 living players they may add rookie Linemen for free to get the number upto 11. I'll work some more on the basics anyway :)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

If you go the PBeM route I'll give it a shot. (They can't do any worse than my Skaven are at the moment) :( .

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
franck_le_grand
Veteran
Veteran

Post by franck_le_grand »

How about this:

New racial charistic: catch team mate.
A player with this racial charistic ís allowed to catch a throwed team mate, like the ball, except for the following changes:
An accurate TTM only gives +0 on cathing, and a inaccurate gives a -1 penalty.
A player with this RC is also allowed to intercept a TTM with -3 penalty.

Now give all the ogres that RC and follow these rules.
Instead of a ball two goblins are released in the middle of the field. Each team may only set up in the endzone and one square beyond that. The coach with the first turn runs to the nearest goblin and the opposing player too in the following turn. Otherwise use normal rules for BB.
Pick up the goblin with a -1 penalty. Failure to pick up the goblin does not count as a TO.

If the goblin by the end of all turns is not in the possesion of an ogre move the goblin 6 squares in a random direction using the scatter template.
If the goblin runs into an ogre, make a new roll on the scatter template, and move the goblin the rest of the 6 squares in that direction as the goblin runs away from the ogre.

When an ogre takes the goblin to the opposings endzone he splats the goblin to the ground. Make an injury roll for the goblin (+1 modifier) and apply the result. SPP for the TD is awarded and if the goblin becomes a cas, the ogre gain SPP for this also. A replacement goblin pops up on middlefeild in one of the sides (decided rand.) and runs using the rules for goblin movement as described above.

All ogres cost 80K and Re-Rolls 80K. In this game Ogres are allowed to use RR's. Only set up 10 players for each drive. No apothecarys may be used, no wiz's and no stars.

Wow, all these rules just popped up while writing, and suddenly it became alot.
I would like to try this, any thoughts??
I actually like this myself, and I think it would be a lot of fun with that kind of turnement.
Maybe ad some different teams??

Get ready for "Goblin Bowl" where the goblin is the ball!!

Thom
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Thom »

I kinda favor the idea that an all Ogre league would still treat the teams as "Big Guy Teams" and field only 8 players at a time with a max roster of 12. That way someone might be willing to bring in a Rat Ogre team or a Minotaur team (Yes even though it is an all Ogre League) and still play on near equal footing. Hell, maybe a visiting team of Elves might even give the league a tour. . .

Ok so I am probably being silly but the idea of a full sized team of Ogres seems wastefull. Much like smaller high schools here in the US play 8 man ball (To be able to field a team at all) so might the Ogres.

Thom. . .

[color=red][size=150][i]Nuffle Agnostic [/i] [/size] [/color]Does Nuffle [b][i]Really [/i][/b] exist?
I dunno. . . But I suspect not!

Rescue the Zoo Crew!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

If you don't want the teams to start with a TR of 150, fudge the costs. You've already said the league is gonna be an Orge only so as long as the costs stay the same ratio, it will be right.

Go for Linemen 50k, Blitzers and blockers 60k. Leave RR at 100k. That'll give you nice big rosters. Watch the carnage.

Also, I'd use the EXP system, so that lineman on each teams thats gonna insist on failing every bonehead roll can still gain a skill eventually.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Well this topic is kinda dead at the moment, waiting on the final results of the ogre team thread in the general discussions, that way the league (when setup) might have visiting teams... Pity they never leave *munch*

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!