Hobgoblin Roster

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Lamanzer
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Hobgoblin Roster

Post by Lamanzer »

Hobgoblin team is historicaly a team of loosers, isn't it?

so...

Code: Select all

0-16 Hobgoblins 6 3 3 7 G / APS
0-2 Assassins  6 3 3 7 G / APS - shadowing, stab
Tiers 3, just for fun... :wink:

Reason: ''
[url=http://pagesperso-orange.fr/akc/bbindex.htm]Ligue Centrale de Blood Bowl[/url]
xzcion
Rookie
Rookie

Post by xzcion »

Give the rogues multiblock for free :p

txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

Greyhound wrote:in that case can we give him Jump Up for free?
Jump Up combines well with Stab, and will make him awesome, in a mediocre team.

If you think it's too powerful and you want to nerf the team into tier 3, give the Rogue a lesser skill, like... mmh shadowing is too "dark Elve", maybe diving tackle?

both ideas would be wiked!

But even with that they are bound to be a band of loosers, probaly even halflings can beat them up!

dines
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dines »

The rogue should definately keep the A skill access and can see the point in not decreasing the price. Then he should either get jump up, diving tackle or MA 7. Even with an extra useful skill on the rogue, the team would be pretty far from tier 1.

FUMBBL nick: Metalsvinet
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

Greyhound wrote:There is no foul-dedicated team. Give them sneaky git. Or make a sneaky git positional
You could let them buy bribes at 50 k or getting the first one for free or very cheep!!!

That would balance not having a Big guy!!! :smoking:

tzoscey
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tzoscey »

put a 0-2 Black orc , for defender positional

they are both (BO and hobs) chaos dwarf slaves,

One Orc, Two Orc , Another injury
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

tzoscey wrote:put a 0-2 Black orc , for defender positional

they are both (BO and hobs) chaos dwarf slaves,
They were created to be the ultimate slaves but rebelled with the other greenskins. The Hobgoblins betrayed the rest so are not trusted by other greenskins so they wouldn't play in the same team.

Remember hobgoblins are supposed to suck so should be tier 3. Maybe give the whole team animosity?

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mubo »

Liking the ideas so far.

My favourite is Lamanzer's roster, maybe adding A access to the assassin, and a new positional.

Code: Select all

0-16 Hobgoblins 6 3 3 7 G / APS
0-2 Assassins  6 3 3 7 GA/PS - shadowing, stab
0-2 Gitz 6 3 3 7 G/APS sneaky git, DP. 
They should be rubbish- definately T3.
50k bribes might be nice as well.

Glicko guy.
Team England committee member
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

I'm totally new to this, but I can't help but wonder if bugbears are common to warhammer mythology, and connected to hobgoblins, as they are in some mythology, including but not limited to d & d.
Cost 90000
M - 6
S - 4
Ag - 3
AV - 8
Skill - Bonehead
Access GA. Would make interesting blocker.

Another idea would be for the Sneaky get to start with Sneaky Git, and be played as an expandable piece, (does nothing but foul)
M - 7
S - 3
Ag -3
AV - 6
Skill Sneaky Git
Access only to General.
In some ways worse then Hobgoblins, so you have to decided whether you want to have him on the pitch at all.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

legowarrior wrote:I'm totally new to this, but I can't help but wonder if bugbears are common to warhammer mythology, and connected to hobgoblins, as they are in some mythology, including but not limited to d & d.
Cost 90000
M - 6
S - 4
Ag - 3
AV - 8
Skill - Bonehead
Access GA. Would make interesting blocker.

Another idea would be for the Sneaky get to start with Sneaky Git, and be played as an expandable piece, (does nothing but foul)
M - 7
S - 3
Ag -3
AV - 6
Skill Sneaky Git
Access only to General.
In some ways worse then Hobgoblins, so you have to decided whether you want to have him on the pitch at all.

There are no bugbears in any aspect of the GW universes I think they are a invention of wizards of the coast.

Also 50k bribes are far to cheap.

I think it should go like this:

Hobgoblins 0-16. 6,3,3,7. 40k

Quickings 0-4 8,1,3,6 dodge, sprint, stunty. 50k

Bruiser 0-2. 4,4,1,9 stand firm, thick skull 90k

Ogre 0-1. (Bog standard ogre). 150k

The hobgolins would have general and aglilty with stenght and passing on a double. Quicklings would have agility with general stenght passing on a double. Bruisers would have strentgh and general with agility passing on a double.

Rerolls would be 70k

The team would really on the hobgoblins attmepting to fit the needed roll at the time with the quicklings being the obvious ball handaler.

Quicklings would be swift but growth stunted cousins of the hobgoblins that were once used ask canary esk gas detection because of their week constitution. With bruisers being the bullys and trouble makers, the ogre was a slave used to pull mine carts.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Quicklings as Skinks but better?

Also, Bugbears preceded Wizards of the Coast (and Dungeons and Dragons) by several centuries.
Actually, I'm a little miffed that you would assume they are a wizards of the coast invention, when they were obviously around in the rule books of 2nd Edition and earlier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugbear_(D ... 6_Dragons) - Just to prove my point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugbear - to show the origins a bit better.

I like the idea of instead of getting cheap bribes, the hobgoblins get players that are good at fouling, but a rather weak, so, like secret weapon goblins, you only place them in the game when you think you are in a position to foul, and then if they get thrown off the pitch, it isn't a big deal, which is why I'd though of the sneaky git, a weak player that fouls.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Yes they are better than skinks but I designed them to be the thing that makes the team interesting, think off it with a risky manouver you can foul someone 11 squares away. Get dirty player on these guys and your away. The rest of the team is exceddingly bland and most dark elf players (and three die block) will tell you the assisan is a very very poor piece which is why I didn't design one.

Sorry for upsetting you with the bugbear thing but I have read a lot of mythology books, guides and excerts and I hadn't seen bugbears crop up once. They sound so DnDish with the compound name that doesn't relate to what they are, they are large fuzzy goblinioids, not bugs.

Could take sprint off the quicklings for dirty player and raise the price to 60k.

Also discount bribes only really go well with the goblins because of their all round low strength and the need to keep the secret weapons on pitch, the more difficult the oponnent the more inducments they receive which then goes into bribes to keep them on the field, simple. But with anyone else its just giving them a secondary more efficiant way to stun or kill opposing pieces.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Whoops just re-read your post and yeah, I should have put 'invention of gary gygax' or 'invented for dnd'. I'm a big dnd fan but sometimes I stumble. Of course its not an invetion of wizards of the coast they wernt around for the early editions plus they are just a publisher.

I also had a similiar argument recently where someone I knew thought that both the word drow and the creature was a dnd invention.
Drow is a scottish word for a kind of spirit, can't remember off the top of my head but yea, its old and like bugbears pre-dates dnd.

Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

arthurinkpen wrote:Whoops just re-read your post and yeah, I should have put 'invention of gary gygax' or 'invented for dnd'. I'm a big dnd fan but sometimes I stumble. Of course its not an invetion of wizards of the coast they wernt around for the early editions plus they are just a publisher.
Since 1st edition D&D is still about using folklore and existing tales. Even the "new" races are usually a re-interpretation of a old story or a new version of a common theme (demon/lycanthrope and so forth)

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

I know, I know. Its 80% pre exsisiting myth reinterprited myth 5% new and 15% tolkien.