Hobgoblin Roster

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Hobgoblin Roster

Post by legowarrior »

I like switching Sprint for Dirty player. One of the aspects I think about when it comes to hobgoblins is goblin cheaters but more conventional. Instead of chainsaws and pogo sticks, knifes and caltrops. Caltrops would be cool, people running by would have to make some sort of armor roll and then if that fails, a Go For it roll, or fall, but how would it be balanced? Would it stay on the field during the game? Would it just surround the hobgoblin?
I don't know.

Reason: ''
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

We did try the "all sneaky" roster this weekend with two rogues, two iskhans, and two throwers at a friend's playing together non-naf tournament in a cottagge. As the guy who used them wanted a chainsaw we created a chainsaw starplayer at the same cost that the orc star player but with dirty player and sneaky instead of stand firm as skills.

The team behaved well wining two of four matches. he din't went for guard with the iskhans neither for rogue blodgers, so we guess it could have gone even better. Very funny team to play with and against, everybody liked it.

Asperon Thorn
Legend
Legend

Post by Asperon Thorn »

Raveen wrote:Currently the roster looks like this:

Code: Select all

0-2	Hobgoblin Ishkhan	100000	7	3	3	8	Block, Sneaky Git	GS	AP
0-2	Hobgoblin Thrower	70000	6	3	3	7	Pass, Sneaky Git	GP	AS
0-2	Hobgoblin Rogue	90000	6	3	3	7	Stab, Sneaky Git	GA	SP
0-16	Hobgoblin Lineman	50000	6	3	3	7	Sneaky Git	G	ASP
	Reroll	70000							
Looks fairly workable to me
I think this one is the best. . still.

I'd drop the Lineman back down to 40k, give them the lineman discount since you can only foul once a turn. I don't think they are as mechanically inclined as regular gobbos, so I wouldn't give them more secret weapons. However, I WOULD let them hire any gobbo star player as well as the BC star player and the troll one. (Names escape me and I am lazy.) And possibly give them a discount on star players although I suspect that if the team stays cheap this will be a team that has more cash than it knows what to do with.

In my opinion it fits the team fluff a bit better that this is a team the relies heavily on inducements and gets some funky things for it. . .basically it Plays up to stiff competition through dirty tricks, while falling apart against teams they should roll.

Asperon Thorn

Looking for Fair and Balanced Playtesting of the DE Runner 7347 Surehands G,A,Pa 90K - Outdated and done.
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

As i have got a miniature of a giagant with claws I will like to use it together with this team as the odd team in a tournament i intend to organize in my town.

My idea would be Clawie Gigant 4 6 1 8 migthy Blow, Claws, really stupid, bloodthirst. ¿How much would you consider it would be a fair price for him???

Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

txapo wrote:My idea would be Clawie Gigant 4 6 1 8 migthy Blow, Claws, really stupid, bloodthirst. ¿How much would you consider it would be a fair price for him???
MB/CLAW/ST6 ??? 250k at least.

txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

thinking yesterday over it again I'll ad him two negative traits but not those, he'll be really stupid and wild animal, and will have to do both rolls, as well hell be loner, of course.
Probably betewn 250 and 300 is the right price, but there's something like a rule for it?

anc001
Experienced
Experienced

Post by anc001 »

I like the idea of them having access to the goblin secret weapons, works with the feel of the team IMHO

txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

Finally got some sneaky gits miniatures from ebay to use them as my rogues!!!