Bloodball: Basketball/Blood Bowl

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

CoachGorbad
Rookie
Rookie

Bloodball: Basketball/Blood Bowl

Post by CoachGorbad »

Same skills and such, but instead of running the ball into the end zone, you throw it through the "hoop" at the end of the field. A single "hoop" square is located dead center at opposing ends of the pitch. Allow as many passes as you like, but only short and quick ones (cause the ball is round and a bit heavier rather than aerodynamically shaped).

Granted, this type of play would be better for the agility teams, but attrition can always play a part. Balls fumbled into the hoop or thrown in by the fans results in a rekick.

If anyone gets a wild hair to test my loopy idea, lemme know how it plays for real. So far its just been an idea floating about in my noggin.

Reason: ''
Gorbad
Coach of the Gutstompas
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Or you could try these rules on Galak's site:-

http://www.midgardbb.com/Variants/BB_BBall.html

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
CoachGorbad
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CoachGorbad »

Well, I guess that old saying remains true. Great minds do think alike.

Have to admit though, I hadn't thought about altering die results or adding more skills just yet. Heck, I haven't even playtested my concept.

Gorbad
Coach of the Gutstompas
Styrofoam King
Rookie
Rookie

Speaking of varients

Post by Styrofoam King »

Well, there's always one attempt a friend and I started making but never finished: Blood Bowl Hockey. I've forgotten most of it, but it involved a two square goal and players passing the puck with the range ruler. Plus I think everyone had +2 Move (unless a prone player stands up)