Idea for a Bretonnia

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Idea for a Bretonnia

Post by legowarrior »

Code: Select all

0-16             50000   Linesmen        6/3/3/7   Fend                                                               G/SAP
0-4              70000   Poachers        6/3/3/7   Fend, Dodge                                                        GA/SP
0-2              70000   Yeomen          6/3/3/7   Fend, Pass                                                         GP/SA
0-2              80000   Squires         6/3/3/8   Stand Firm, Animosity                                              G/SAP
0-2              100000  Knight          4/4/2/9   Stand Firm, Dauntless, Animosity                                   GS/AP
0-1              140000  Grail Knight    4/5/2/9   Stand Firm, Dauntless, Loner, Animosity, Compassionate             S/GAP
Compassionate - If the player is standing next to a team that has been knocked down, roll a d6. On a 1, the player may not move away from the knocked down player, and must stand there until the player leaves the pitch, or gets back up. On a 2 or better, the player is not effected by the knocked down player. In addition, the player will never use more then 2 dice when blocking a unit with less then half his strength, before adding assists to block strengths. Player may not foul another player.

Previous Version

0-16             50000   Linesmen        6/3/3/7   Side Step                                                       G/SAP
0-4              70000   Poachers        6/3/3/7   Side Step, Dodge                                                GA/SP
0-2              70000   Yeomen          6/3/3/7   Side Step, Pass                                                 GP/SA
0-2              80000   Squires         6/3/3/8   Block                                                           GS/AP
0-2              100000  Knight          5/4/2/9   Block, Dauntless, Honorable                                     GS/AP
0-1              140000  Grail Knight    5/5/2/9   Block, Standfast, Blessed, Loner, Honorable, Compassionate     GS/AP

Skills - Honorable - Player may never foul another player, or use the Sneaky Git or Dirty Player skills. In addition, if the player knocked down a target while blocking, he may not pursue the player. If the player is pushed instead of knocked down, the player may pursue him if he is legally allowed to do it in the game rules.

Blessed - Player may reroll any break armor roll once per turn.

Compassionate - If the player is standing next to a team that has been knocked down, roll a d6. On a 1, the player may not move away from the knocked down player, and must stand there until the player leaves the pitch, or gets back up. On a 2 or better, the player is not effected by the knocked down player. In addition, the player will never use more then 2 dice when blocking a unit with less then half his strength, before adding assists to block strengths.

These are just some quick ideas I had for a Bretonnia team. I figured that there would be two types of players, peasants and knights. The grail knight takes up the role of the big guy on the team, and I figured that both Honable and Compassionate would be neg. traits, to keep them in line with other big guys. Squires are the in between stage of the game.

Linesmen are bretonnia peasant that run away to play bloodbowl, or are chosen by the lord of the manor to play bloodbowl. It beats working the farm, but they still don't want to get hurt, and so learn to side step away from danger if possible.
Poachers are players that have been caught poaching from the lords land. This is the better of two choices for many, allowing them to survive a few more days then otherwise possible.

Yeomen are man of standing in the peasant community, and so are given the honor of passing the ball around.
Squires and Knights that are not a war try keep in shape by joining teams.

Once in a while a Grail Knight gets bored and joins a team, but even on the blood bowl pitch, he is a protector of the (literally) down trodden.

What do you think? Comments and suggests are welcome.

Reason: ''
rodders
Legend
Legend

Re: Idea for a Bretonnia

Post by rodders »

here we go again :roll:

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

If you do a quick search you will find a lot of similair threads. Give them a peek. :)

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Never! Mine is obviously best, since it's mine :P !

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Great enthusiasum I like it! Yea the team looks playable but a bit teir 3 because of the inablitly to follow up. But that armour break re-roll is a bit broken IMHO.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Dang, I was looking at making it tier 2, but I can see how Honorable might be huge negative trait. Is the Armor reroll really that overpowered? I want to emphasis the defensive traits of the Grail Knight.
What can I do to make it more in line with tier 2 do you think?

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

I made some changes to the starting skills of the noble players, giving them all Stand Firm instead of Block, and I altered Honorable, so that it is slightly less painful to the player. At this point, Honorable players can't foul, and players knocked down by an honorable player, may elect to become stunned, rather then make a break armor roll. I also gave the Grail Knight Leader instead of Blessed, but I'd love to have suggestions for what to give him instead.

0-16             50000   Linesmen        6/3/3/7   Side Step                                                       G/SAP
0-4              70000   Poachers        6/3/3/7   Side Step, Dodge                                                GA/SP
0-2              70000   Yeomen          6/3/3/7   Side Step, Pass                                                 GP/SA
0-2              80000   Squires         6/3/3/8   Stand Firm, Honorable                                           GS/AP
0-2              100000  Knight          5/4/2/9   Stand Firm, Dauntless, Honorable                                GS/AP
0-1              140000  Grail Knight    5/5/2/9   Block, Stand Firm, Leader, Loner, Honorable, Compassionate     GS/AP

Honorable - Player may never foul another player, or use the Sneaky Git or Dirty Player skills. Any player knocked down by the player with Honorable may elect to become stunned, rather then risk rolling on their armor value.

Compassionate - If the player is standing next to a team that has been knocked down, roll a d6. On a 1, the player may not move away from the knocked down player, and must stand there until the player leaves the pitch, or gets back up. On a 2 or better, the player is not effected by the knocked down player. In addition, the player will never use more then 2 dice when blocking a unit with less then half his strength, before adding assists to block strengths.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi there legowarrior.
I'll leave it to others to throw a fit.
Suffice to say that Brets is a touchy issue around this forum.

But I will say that homemade and hard-to-balance new skills is a turn-off for a lot of leagues.

But if you're interested in Brets in BB, you could give these a look:
http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/BBBretonnians.htm

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

An entire team of Side Step/Stand Firm with some ST and Block thrown in? :o Good joke.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Just noticed that . Drop that sidestep.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Okay, but I what would you replace it with. I'm following the example of the Norse and the Amazon, but instead of one skill for all, I have divided them between peasants and nobles, and I thought Stand Firm and Side step would make nice contrasts. I could replace side step with Fend or Tackle, but what should I replace Stand Firm with. I have no problem getting ride of Honorable and replacing it with Animosity. If anyone has a neg. trait for the Grail Knight, I'm all ears.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

0-16             50000   Linesmen        6/3/3/7   Fend                                                             G/SAP
0-4              70000   Poachers        6/3/3/7   Fend, Dodge                                                      GA/SP
0-2              70000   Yeomen          6/3/3/7   Fend, Pass                                                       GP/SA
0-2              80000   Squires         6/3/3/8   Stand Firm, Animosity                                            GS/AP
0-2              100000  Knight          5/4/2/9   Stand Firm, Dauntless, Animosity                                 GS/AP
0-1              140000  Grail Knight    5/5/2/9   Block, Stand Firm, Leader, Loner, Animosity, Compassionate       GS/AP

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Apart fro the obvious "no Bretts in BB" comment, Block and ST4+ is a big no-no on a rookie player.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Agreed. Maybe dauntless if you have to represent rightous courage though it may be a bit broken.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

0-16             50000   Linesmen        6/3/3/7   Fend                                                                       G/SAP
0-4              70000   Poachers        6/3/3/7   Fend, Dodge                                                                GA/SP
0-2              70000   Yeomen          6/3/3/7   Fend, Pass                                                                 GP/SA
0-2              80000   Squires         6/3/3/8   Stand Firm, Animosity                                                      GS/AP
0-2              100000  Knight          5/4/2/9   Stand Firm, Dauntless, Animosity                                           GS/AP
0-1              140000  Grail Knight    5/5/2/9   Mighty Blow, Nerves of Steel, Stand Firm, Loner, Animosity, Compassionate  GS/AP
[/quote]

So I removed Leader and Block, and replaced it with Nerves of Steel and Mighty Blow.

I'm thinking of replacing Fend with Wrestle, and I'd love to hear comments on Compassionate as a neg trait.