Idea for a Bretonnia

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Re: Idea for a Bretonnia

Post by burgun824 »

All of your arguments for why we should have a Bretonnian team are very well thought out and some of them are even profound.

However it doesn't escape these facts:

1 - We don't need anymore BB teams. 24 is PLENTY...probably even too many. Proxy your teams from here on out if you want something different to look at.

2 - A knight is a human. I don't really give a rat's hind end how you argue the skill set...the simple fact of the matter is that a Bretonnian man is still a 6338...same as any other man. You want different skill sets then select different skills.

3 - If you do have a raging hard one for Bretonnians then by all means play them. Develop your little stat sheets and crazy, ridiculous skill sets for your beloved D-bag knights. Quite frankly I don't care what "Bretonnian" players do with their time...I just like to get them going because they're always so defensive about why people make fun of them. All I have to do is post the stat box for humans and say, "here's your stats for Bretonnia" and VOILA! ...3 EXTRA PAGES ON AN F-ING NECROED THREAD. Take a pill.

Here's what it boils down to: I hate Bretonnia. I think it should drop of the face of the planet and die. However, my personal feelings aside, if you like it then to each their own. I'm not going to tell you that you can't play it...unless it's my league...then I'm going to point out that I don't see a legal stat box for Bretonnia in the rule book and you had better bring a different team to the pitch or proxy that garbage. Period.

Reason: ''
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Burgun,
I'll keep this short as your only interest seems to be trolling for pages.
1 - OK. I hope you'll agree it's fairly arbitrary to draw the line at 24 rather than 25.
2 - Check the 3 existing human rosters. Only one 2 of the 10+ positions are 6338.
3 - You're the only one trolling, necroing, posting in caps and in huge font. Why don't you take a pill.

Cheers
Martin

PS - there are 4 elf teams. 4 undead teams. The BBRC teams will mean that there are 4 chaos teams. And 4 stunty teams. But the universe would implode if there were 4 human teams? Go figure.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

So, would anyone be against an Araby Team?

rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

yep

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

plasmoid wrote:Hi Burgun,
I'll keep this short as your only interest seems to be trolling for pages.
1 - OK. I hope you'll agree it's fairly arbitrary to draw the line at 24 rather than 25.
2 - Check the 3 existing human rosters. Only one 2 of the 10+ positions are 6338.
3 - You're the only one trolling, necroing, posting in caps and in huge font. Why don't you take a pill.

Cheers
Martin

PS - there are 4 elf teams. 4 undead teams. The BBRC teams will mean that there are 4 chaos teams. And 4 stunty teams. But the universe would implode if there were 4 human teams? Go figure.
1- I'd like to actually eliminate a few. 20 would be more like it, but I have no power over this.

2- Okay, a knight might be 6339 and a peasant 6337, the only thing changing there is armor.

3- Trolling :roll: whatever. The difference is that I'm doing it intentially to be a jerk. I openly admit that. I like getting you Bretonnia fans wound up. :wink: You hold the power to ignore my petty and childish comments yet you insist on continuing the arguments like we should have changed our minds by now and you just don't understand why we haven't. This seems to be common with this one particular argument for some reason. So let me try something different just to be clear:

YES - I am instigated childish behavior. I just do this sometimes, you're not the first to be bothered by it and you definitely won't be the last.

YES - my arguments are biased because I personally could care less if Bretonnia existed.

YES - your points actually seem valid and appear to be well constructed arguments.

NO - I still don't give a S#!t because this is way too much fun.
rodders wrote:yep
+1

Oxynot
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oxynot »

Where be those guys with them funny mod hats?

Asperon Thorn
Legend
Legend

Post by Asperon Thorn »

Oxynot wrote:Where be those guys with them funny mod hats?
Staying away from another Bretonnia topic, because they are just as uninterested in it as a majority of BB players.
plasmoid wrote:Here's my beef:
Bretonnians is the most asked for unofficial team. (Yes, I know it's also the most hated).
Do a search if you'd like, but I remember lots of threads with people asking for rules for Bretonnians, 'what happened' to Bretonnnians or similar questions.
Quite a lot more than any other concept.
The same few people asking for the same thing doesn't support your statement. There is a loud vocal minority that the rest of the community chooses to ignore because, fortunately it is very unlikely that a Bretonian team will ever happen.

Fluff? Bretonnians are far too interested in Jousting tourneys to even think about lowering themselves onto the Bloodbowl pitch.

Asperon Thorn

Looking for Fair and Balanced Playtesting of the DE Runner 7347 Surehands G,A,Pa 90K - Outdated and done.
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

@Burgun: Thanks. I figured that out for myself.

@Legowarrior: I wouldn't want an araby team either.

@Asperon: They're not the same few people. No matter how many threads are started by new people - they always get shitstormed, and they're always the vocal minority apparently.
But I know you don't want them. No need to repeat that.

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

plasmoid wrote:@Burgun: Thanks. I figured that out for myself.
Does this mean that you want to stop feeding my ability to push your buttons? :(

rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

plasmoid wrote:@Burgun: Thanks. I figured that out for myself.

@Legowarrior: I wouldn't want an araby team either.

@Asperon: They're not the same few people. No matter how many threads are started by new people - they always get shitstormed, and they're always the vocal minority apparently.
But I know you don't want them. No need to repeat that.

Cheers
Martin
And always one who's very vocal about gettingh them in ;)

God love ya Martin :)

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

I would like Martins bretonnia team to be official!

Yes I am a Plasmoid fanboi!

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

There was a Bretonnia team back in the 3rd/4th days.

Somewhere burried in the BB magazine is a Bretonnia list... I even went and got a star player for them.

I think there are a few tweaks to bring them up to scratch but start from the BB mags.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

burgun824 fans throw a rock.

Smurf is hit by a rock.

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

I'm just saying there is a list out there, without the need to um and ah over a scratch built one.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

This is of course true, but then what would people do for fun?