new team Sumo

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

new team Sumo

Post by daloonieshaman »

All players have stand firm and wrestle

0-16 Rihiski 5 3 2 7 W SF 60K General **S,P,A
0-4 ōzeki 6 3 3 7 W SF 80K G S **A
0-2 komusubi 7 4 2 7 W SF 90K S **G,A,P
1 Yokozuna 5 5 2 8 W SF Loner Leader 120K S **G,A,P (Big guy about the size of a blackorc, basically a short fat ogre)

(fat players running around in their mawashi <the loincloth that looks like a diaper> with the sagari sculpted on the legs <they would be to fragile to hang strands down free, the strands would break)

rerolls 60K

Reason: ''
2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
Long_Bomb
Veteran
Veteran

Re: new team Sumo

Post by Long_Bomb »

I like the concept and they look similar to Norse with Wrestle rather than Block. I do think Wrestle on the Str 4 and 5 pieces will make them to reliable and almost breaks the no starting Block on Str+ figures rule. Also the Big Guy has no negative skill other than Loner which makes him far to reliable when combined with Wrestle, and all for only 120K. I think Stand Firm on the whole team is broken and the players are under costed compaired to teams such as Dwarves and Norse.

axiom
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by axiom »

Using Jervis' player cost formula, your costs are a bit out and should be:

0-16 Rihiski 50k
0-4 ōzeki 90k
0-2 komusubi 120k
1 Yokozuna 130k

Plus as Long_Bomb said, you need a nega-trait on the Big Guy

http://www.magpieandoldlead.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.beastfaceminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

Terrible idea IMHO but if you persist that Yokozuna should have a nega trait and be at least 190k because of the starting leader

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

rodders wrote:Terrible idea IMHO but if you persist that Yokozuna should have a nega trait and be at least 190k because of the starting leader

Agreed, stand firm is far to good a skill for an entire team to have it. I also agree on the nega-trait and no team should start with a leader unless its a joke.

Kort
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Kort »

axiom wrote:Using Jervis' player cost formula, your costs are a bit out and should be:

0-16 Rihiski 50k
0-4 ōzeki 90k
0-2 komusubi 120k
1 Yokozuna 130k

Plus as Long_Bomb said, you need a nega-trait on the Big Guy
Here is my take: I would value SF at 20k. The 30k pricing was probably fixed when the skill was much better than it is currently. I would also value Wrestle at 20k, but I keep in mind it is a clearly good bargain.

0-16 Rihiski 50k (Rounded up from 40k since SF is only accessible on a double roll).
0-4 Ozeki 70k (Fair price for a positional player)
0-2 Komusubi 120k (Rounded up from 115k but I dislike Wrestle since it almost goes against the "no Block on ST4" rule. No G access somewhat makes up for it.)

The Big Guy is completely off and should be redesigned from scratch.

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

axiom wrote: Here is my take: I would value SF at 20k. The 30k pricing was probably fixed when the skill was much better than it is currently. I would also value Wrestle at 20k, but I keep in mind it is a clearly good bargain.

0-16 Rihiski 50k (Rounded up from 40k since SF is only accessible on a double roll).
0-4 Ozeki 70k (Fair price for a positional player)
0-2 Komusubi 120k (Rounded up from 115k but I dislike Wrestle since it almost goes against the "no Block on ST4" rule. No G access somewhat makes up for it.)

The Big Guy is completely off and should be redesigned from scratch.
0-16 Rihiski W G,P **A S 5/3/2/7
0-4 Ozeki W G,S **A 6/3/3/7 70K
0-2 Komusubi W SF G,S **A 7/4/2/7 90K
0-1 1 Yokozuna W SF Leader Loner Take Root S,G **P 4/5/1/8 140K ^^The Leader is based on Sumo lore as being the grand champion, Take Root will be based on his massive bulk

Kort
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Kort »

Take Root :lol:

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

I think the concept itself is a bit flawed, can you imagine sumos actually running around a pitch for over an hour?

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

arthurinkpen wrote:I think the concept itself is a bit flawed, can you imagine sumos actually running around a pitch for over an hour?
you have to stretch the imagination as there are no halflings to eat on the team

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

You need to model some big bowls of rice to go on the endzone then. That will give them some insentive.

Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

arthurinkpen wrote:... running around a pitch for over an hour?
Interesting concept.
I always thought BB match would be very very short. Essentially if we move away from the concept of timing a turn, which would probably give you some absurd number (a few minutes?) I would imagine that even "strong men" carrying metal armour and running on a pitch would be done in 20 minutes or so.

I portrayed the games as being 2 halves of 10-15 minutes, any "contact" sport usually uses short round like boxing for instance 3 minutes.

Anyway possibly another thread, and very much a RP question, since there would be no exact answer to this question.

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

you missed the rules change of knocking a player down sets him out of the game LRB 8,000