40k team for the kids

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

40k team for the kids

Post by inkpwn »

The 40k playing kids at my local club are interested in bloodbowl (or learning it at least) so I thought I could whip up a Space marine team so that I can at keep their attention while teaching them.

0-1 terminator (power fist). 4,5,2,9. Mightyblow, thick skull. 140k

0-4 space marines 5,4,3,9. 100k

0-2 jump infantry 7,3,3,8. Leap, very long legs. 90k

0-16 scout 6,3,3,8

Terminator : S GAP

Space marine: SG. AP

Jump infantry: GA. PS

Scout: G APS

Rerolls 50k

I know jamming a 40k team in doesn't fit at all with traditional bloodbowl but these guy are toned way down from regular marines (other wise they would all have strength 5 and armour 11).

If you think this needs some tuning to make it an easier learning team please say :D

And yes I know I didn't put a nega trait on the terminator. Can someone make one up that fits with the space marine fluff/style.

Reason: ''
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Re: 40k team for the kids

Post by inkpwn »

Oh and I was going to use orcs as orks for the other team, just renaming troll to killa can, goblins to grots and black orcs to meganobz.

Kort
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Kort »

arthurinkpen wrote:The 40k playing kids at my local club are interested in bloodbowl (or learning it at least) so I thought I could whip up a Space marine team so that I can at keep their attention while teaching them.
Why don't you use Humans as a template for Space Marines ? No fancy skills to explain.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Just destroy their minds my telling them they are going to learn this new awesome game and they will like it more. No Options.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Bad idea imo (and I say that as someone that would like a 40k-based futuristic sports game [ a la Mean Arena or Inferno from 2000AD]).

By all means give them a team made of SM models, but don't make a "special" team to teach them - just use the basic rosters in the game.
Personally, I wouldn't even use SM miniatures - they're more likely to be disappointed (assuming they do like the game) when they find they can't play as SM if you've already encouraged them to.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Ulthuan_Express
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ulthuan_Express »

Give them the human team that the box suggests, and either play with the orcs, or pick something useless like flings. Leave 40k right out of it, as you'll only confuse matters.

@sibrady on Twitter. Everywhere else I'm Starblayde.
Commish of the PWCBBL in Burton, UK. Also visit my Blog, for all things geeky, including Blood Bowl.
Teams: Dead and Gooners (Undead) • The Hart Perversion (Chaos Pact)