Dwarf Slayer Team

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Dwarf Slayer Team

Post by Buggrit »

Greyhound wrote:with AG1 how do you throw stuff around?
Fair point, I was just coming up with stuff on the fly without considering that kind of thing... maybe a statline of
4 - 7 - 2 - 9 Loner, Axelobber, BoneHead, Frenzy, Juggernaught, No Hands, NOS, Secret Weapon, Strong Arm and bump the price to 220

Don't take that as a finished statline though, it's just a tweak based on your earlier observation. I'd say skill access of GSP and A on doubles. Tweaking bombadier to an Axelobber rule so that the axes only hit one person at a time (not area effect like bombs) and an accurate axe strikes as though you've been blocked by a player with MB
Perhaps letting slayers gain ssp for the crew by maiming people with Accurate axes at 1spp for accurate axe strikes...

Reason: ''
G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
Long_Bomb
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Dwarf Slayer Team

Post by Long_Bomb »

Some interesting points from people and I think making the team balanced and yet interesting is going to be quite difficult. Overall I'm comparing it to the Norse team but some of the suggestions would make it very different.

Linemen - I like the current stat line as it matches a Troll Slayer without a couple of the skills and also allows them to become a true slayer with just two skill-ups if you so wish. The question of cost is difficult, when you look at Norse Linemen, Orcs and Skeletons the difference if fairly small and I think you can argue for 50k or 60k. None of these other Linemen have access to Strength skills; if the Slayer Linemen did get access to Strength it makes the whole team better and would make an experienced team very Guard heavy like other Dwarf teams. I would prefer to avoid this and by limiting them to General they may well take Dauntless or Frenzy on some of them, which helps with the flavour of the team. I may also go with Oathbreaker as the name for the Linemen as it helps suggests the team is made up of failed Blood Bowl players who have been shamed on a regular Dwarf team.

Runners - Sure hands makes them a bit to reliable and if I was to tone down the team and bring them more in line with their Norse equivalent I think swapping it for Block would make them more individual in a Dwarf league as well as fitting in with the theme. I do love the idea of Pirate Slayers but in the fluff they are a single unique unit rather than a common sight and I don't think they should be included in a standard slayer roster. Having said that my Slayer Runners will be converted from Slayer Pirates.

Blitzers - Seems to work with the list. I think the new Runner and Blitzer are a fair swap for the Norse Catcher and Thrower.

Troll Slayer - Its hard to fault this addition, it is the basis for the other members of the team and the same points as the Norse Blitzer. He is slower but tougher just like the rest of the team.

Doom Seekers - I chose not to call them Giant Slayers because the progression from Troll Slayer was not all that clear. As Darkson pointed out losing Dauntless (and Block) as you progressed up the ranks seems a little odd but for game balance I think both skills needed to be dropped. I'm not sure Doom Seeker is any better but I can imagine them showing even less regard for their own safety then a Troll Slayer.

Big Guy - Again I don't just want to have refugees from the Warhammer World in the Blood Bowl team and swapping the Big Guy for a secret weapon I think would be a mistake, especially when you consider this would be part of an all Dwarf League and there would be quite a few secret weapons already. I did consider naming the Big Guy as a specific character with background to explain why he was so crazed but they are issues with development and replacing him if he is ever killed. I'm currently considering different names but haven't yet found one I really like. Having said that I think the stats work quite well as they are even if they don't come with Block or Dauntless.

Reason: ''