Sneaky Git to provide assists

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Oxynot
Veteran
Veteran

Sneaky Git to provide assists

Post by Oxynot »

I had an idea, and could not find anything with search.

What I was searching for: was sneaky git considered to be like guard but with regards to fouls? Instead of (or maybe in addition) to how it works now. Fluffwise would be ok to think that the git would be able to sneak in an assisting kick even when watched by a member of the opposing team.

Thought about it a bit and run it through here, so you lot can poke and find the loopholes I missed. And did not run through the math, so keep that in mind.

So the result would be that it'd be easier to foul someone while in tackle zones. The price is that you have to but sneagy git players in tackle zones. Most likely these would be players with A-access, as I'd imagine others would have better uses for their doubles. This would mean that the players who could have sneaky git would be various catchers, elves and stunties. In general players you don't want to leave in any tackle zones. This could balance the fact that it'd be easier to get assists.

Would the change be welcome, not needed or too good? As said earlier, I didn't do the math so I don't know the exact statistical impact. Just theorybowl on my part, just wanted to share the idea.

Reason: ''
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Re: Sneaky Git to provide assists

Post by burgun824 »

I've often thought about why DPs aren't allowed to assist a foul they aren't committing from TZs.

Like DPs get +1 to their armor/injury roll on a foul. In addition they can assit a foul action a teammate is committing regardless of TZs. This eliminates the loop hole anyway.

Oxynot
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oxynot »

That is like combining guard and mighty blow, which sounds like a bad idea. The aim was to change a skill that is not that good. I.e. not a general skill and one that people tend to choose anyways.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I like the idea of Sneaky Git acting like Guard for fouls in addition to what it does ... that's a good idea.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

get that hobgoblin roster with sneaky git on everyone out again :)

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

I like it too.
Not on DP, but on Sneaky Git.
Sneaky Git is currently a bit (too) weak.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Excuse me...allow me to clarify as I wasn't clear in my post. :oops:

I like the idea because I've wondered why you can't assit fouls in the past myself. I always thought DP but upon further review Sneaky Git does seem like a better choice despite DP eliminating the aforementioned loop hole.

My apologies for not being clear (at all). I aparently thought that because it went through my brain it would be okay to just not type that down and everyone would be able to understand what I meant. In retrospect that was quite dumb of me. I've had more sleep between then and now though.

burgun824 face palms at himself.

anc001
Experienced
Experienced

Post by anc001 »

yep I like it.