Dryad Team

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Dryad Team

Post by garion »

Dryad Team
60k - Dryad - 6338 - G,S,A,P, *Special Rule
RR – 70 k

*Special Rule – Dryads start of as above with access to all the skills apart from mutations. Once the first skill is chosen for a Dryad they are then limited to only choosing skills form that pool unless a double is rolled. When a double is rolled the dryad can choose a skill from any pool and switch into any form they like after that. For example if a double is rolled they could take block and then transform into a St type Dryad. This represents their ability to shape shift.
( I can’t remember the different names of all their forms from 4th edition Warhammer Wood Elves rule book, if anyone can find this out let me know what they are so I can apply them appropriately)

Star Players
Puggy Baconbreath
Willow Rosebark
Zara the Slayer
Eldril Sidewinder
Jordel Freshbreeze
Deeproot Strongbranch

Dryad General Form
Dryad G - 6,3,3,8 Single-G Doubles - S, A, P

Dryad Strength Form
Dryad S - 4,4,1,9 Single -S Doubles – G, A, P

Dryad Passing Form
Dryad P – 6,3,4,8 Single – P Doubles –G, A, S

Dryad Agility Form
Dryad A – 8, 2, 4, 7 Single – A Doubles – G, S, P

I'm sure this has been done before, but I thought I would take a stab at it. I'm open to suggestion as I'm not sure about the pricing etc yet. But I think this could be a really fun versatile team to use with some obvious rather large limitations for balance.

Any doubles rolled on the first skill would allow the Dryad to pick a skill from any pool and then select which form they subsequently transform into. For example you could pick block and then pick the strength form.

Reason: ''
Ullis

Re: Dryad Team

Post by Ullis »

I have to say that I really like this concept. The fact that they change form really adds to the team building aspect.

I'd perhaps tone down the Strength form a bit. Compared to the others it seems a bit too powerful. At least only AV9.

The starting cost of just 60k seems about right but no team has rerolls that costs 80k (max. 70k).

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

So unless you want a average player you have to wait till your second skill up for block? Lamesauce.
Its a nice idea though, and I'm with ullis, 70k rerolls max.
But as a far as tournements go you could build a beast of a team. Maybe a bit too beasty.

garion

Post by garion »

Yeah I moved it down to av 9 just before you posted :). I think the 80 k RR is required for two reasons. Firstly so people take passers in the team for their ability to take the leader skill and because their starting players are quite cheap it stops them taking more than 4 from the off if i did my sums correctly.
arthurinkpen wrote:So unless you want a average player you have to wait till your second skill up for block?
No they can only shape shift once - when they select their first skill - otherwise the team could get far too beastly. they would all end up being blodge st 4 beasts.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

What I meant was that if you wanted a block piece at starting you would have a general dryad. If you wanted any other form to have block you would have to skill into a form and then wait till 16spp and roll a double to get your block.

garion

Post by garion »

Yup that is correct. But looking at their stats. The passer and agility types wouldnt be going anywhere near a block hopefully and would be set up stricktly, for a passing game. While your General type mixed in with some strength type players would form your protective shield/wall/cage and be there for bashing fouling etc...

I think due to the nature of the team and how they develop they would also likely field quite a different team when attacking to the one they field when defending.

Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

I think the team i very overpowered in its current form! a thrower with ag4 for 60k on the same team as (unlimited) St4 players and move 8 ag4 players. Ofc skill restrictions will be a problem but it will be really OP in medium teamrating. The idea is neat but...

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

if you roll doubles, awesome team steamrolling.
if you don't you're screwed, not enough block skill, anyone who gets a guard, doesn't have block, anyone with block doesn't have guard... it's a team which will oscillate between tier 1 and 2 depending on the skill up rolls.

St-form is weak actually, if you pick Mighty Blow or Guard without block then hope for a double to get block in no less than 10 spp (basically you have to take MB, cause getting 10 SPP with Guard is going to take forever), you basically have crappy (cheap) big guy with ST4.

Why not make you ST-guys - big guys strength since they don't have access to general. Something along the line ST5 - take root.

garion

Post by garion »

Tourach wrote:I think the team i very overpowered in its current form! a thrower with ag4 for 60k on the same team as (unlimited) St4 players and move 8 ag4 players. Ofc skill restrictions will be a problem but it will be really OP in medium teamrating. The idea is neat but...

They are 60 k but start with no skills, they only become ag with pass once they gain their first skill. But even so how do you feel the team is OP and what would you do to nerf them a little, keep the input coming guys its all good stuff :)

garion

Post by garion »

Greyhound wrote:if you roll doubles, awesome team steamrolling.
if you don't you're screwed, not enough block skill, anyone who gets a guard, doesn't have block, anyone with block doesn't have guard... it's a team which will oscillate between tier 1 and 2 depending on the skill up rolls.

St-form is weak actually, if you pick Mighty Blow or Guard without block then hope for a double to get block in no less than 10 spp (basically you have to take MB, cause getting 10 SPP with Guard is going to take forever), you basically have crappy (cheap) big guy with ST4.

Why not make you ST-guys - big guys strength since they don't have access to general. Something along the line ST5 - take root.

That is an interesting idea, although now I'm a little torn as I being told they are OP from one coach and weak from another. So I will see how this one pans out before making a change that big.

I agree somewhat about that ST form as you pretty much have to take mighty blow with the first skill so they can keep developing. But I don't think lack of block is a huge problem for them because MB can be absolutely devastating against LOW TV teams and I do not think it would take long to make them MB, PO, Guard players at that point. But you are right the lack of block is a weakness for them, which is why I think team balance would be so important here. keeping the right amount of General access Dryads for block, tackle, diving tackle support etc...

Also if i did make them st 5 they would need to be limited in number imo, probably only allowing 2 in the team at most.
arthurinkpen wrote:What I meant was that if you wanted a block piece at starting you would have a general dryad. If you wanted any other form to have block you would have to skill into a form and then wait till 16spp and roll a double to get your block.
Unless you roll a double with your first skill roll. In which case you can choose any skill and any form. For example you could chose, block and to be a ST Dryad.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

hey Garion, be wary of Theory-bowlers....

I like your idea mate.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

Ok yes a pure human linemen (for 60k) team with rr at 80 or 70 is ofc really bad... so i guess skilling the players will be hard. But i do think it could be a really hard team to deal with when it skills up, if it does so fast enough. It's hard not to get a picture of some totally degenerated team. Having str 4 palyers and ag 4 players on the same team is kinda impressive. All the players apart from the general skill players are underprized.
That said i might have been to fast out with the OP stamp, the starting problems with this team might outwiegh any possible chance for it to be really competative.

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
Ullis

Post by Ullis »

I'm a bit torn about the passing form. The AG4 makes it really good but with AG3 it might suck too badly since it can't get Sure Hands. And a movement reduction seems silly. How about AV7 for it? That'd at least tone it down a bit.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Darkson wrote:Just for reference: http://www.midgardbb.com/GWTeams/Treefolk.html
Yeah that team has bene part of the MBBL2 for many years now. We've had 19 players play the team so far in the league with a combined record of 84 wins, 72 losses and 14 ties. So I'd be very cautious making a team that is better looking than the one used in the MBBL2 because in my opinion it would definitely be too good.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers