Free DP for fouling.

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Free DP for fouling.

Post by inkpwn »

Over the past week I have seen people bring up the question 'why don't we get spp for fouling'?

I personaly think spp for fouling is a bit much, it turns fouling from a desperate measure (get that wardancer!) into a cheap way to desemate an opposing team(if your lucky).
Also how does a player learn to block, dodge or pass by stomping on a downed opponent, doesn't make sense to me, its not even something you would practice during team training.

Anyway, my idea was to award dirty player as a free skill once that player succesfully breaks armour on a specific number of fouls, let's say 7 fouls. I'm sure someone can think of a more balanced number and please do, BB math is not my forte.

It would make sense that a player who fouls often gains skills in fouling and it would be a fair and just reward for the action unlike spp which you could soak up against a low AV or stunty team.

What do you think?

Reason: ''
Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Re: Free DP for fouling.

Post by Smurf »

The nuffle idea was honourable combat.

The foul is for getting unwanted players off the pitch. Now you can pair the DP skill with Sneaky Git means that it has been enhanced. For counter balance the Mighty Blow and Piling on Rules are much better than the old 3rd ed.

Another idea is throw 'oi ref' back into the game. Argue with the ref on a 6, a 1 means that the coach is also ejected and therefore may not use bribes.

I thought this would make it fun.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
cbbakke
Cupcake

Post by cbbakke »

Back in the day you did get a Cas for it. It was a 1 in 6 to get caught fouling and then you could argue it with your coach and had a 1 in 6 to over turn the call.

I think fouling has become more of a tactic to win the game. I would like to see it become more of like the previous person stated "A way to get rid of the unwanted player". I would not mind if fouling had an increased chance of knocking the player out of hte game but fouling itself should also have a much higher chance of getting caught. Fouling every turn figuring you will get 2 players maybe 3 removed a game as a tactic to remove the other team just seems like it is against the intent of fouling. I have always thought of it as more of "I finally got the bloody wardancer on the ground and now I am going to make sure he doesn't get back up" so I tell Dirty Tom to take him out. Dirty Tom is going to get kicked out but he is taking the WD with him.

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

I would like to see more fouling but not sure this would not make it too much :)

I love blood but this would be every turn for your 11 player that doesnt do anything in your turns but kick someone as the last action

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!