Presenting the Monkey Team from Ind

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Is the Monkey Teams Prehensile Tail too big an advantage?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:42 am

Yes
7%
No
53%
No Clue
7%
It works with the theme so deal with it!
20%
Maybe up the cost a bit?
13%

Total votes: 15

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Presenting the Monkey Team from Ind

Post by legowarrior »

This was created the hell of it.
Monkey People are distant, and less violent relatives of the Beastmen that live in Ind. Like are creatures, they enjoy blood blood. Because of the effects of chaos, the Monkey come in all kinds of shapes and sizes, the largest are the Orangutaur, orange, long armed apes without a tail, they are natural loners, but with the strength to toss smaller monkey people down the line.
Almost all the monkeys (with the exception of the runners and the Orangutaur) have a large tail strong enough to trip another player. The orangutaurs, being apes, have no tail, while the stunty runners are too small to effectively use their tails. In the end, the Monkeys have a highly mobile team based around bogging the other team down in their tracks. Even elven teams have a tough time getting off their starting posts when the Monkey Team plays.

Code: Select all

0-16  Monkey Linesman   50000   6   3   3   7   Prehensile Tail  G/ASPM
0-4   Monkey Runner     60000   7   2   3   7   Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff  A/GSPM
0-2   Monkey Thrower    70000   6   3   3   7   Prehensile Tail, Pass   GP/ASM
0-2   Monkey Blitzer    90000   6   3   3   8   Prehensile Tail, Wrestle   GS/APM
0-2   Orangutaur        110000  5   4   3   8   Big Hands, Thick Skull, Throw Team Mate, Loner   GS/APM

Reason: ''
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Re: Presenting the Monkey Team from Ind

Post by Joemanji »

Monkeys are cool, but this roster doesn't do anything new really. It would be rubbish too - bash teams would annihilate it. Also, why no flying monkeys? :)

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

As much as I hate disagreeing with Joe... ;)

I actually like it. P-Tail en masse is an original idea. The AG3 / ST4 big guy thing is interesting. I also like the pseudo-skink runners with TTM option.

They look like a bit of a tier 2 team. They wouldn't be out of place in Schmee's SCHUFFL League (experimental rosters league).

Are there Monkey figures out there for this?

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Pippy wrote:I actually like it. P-Tail en masse is an original idea.
I beg to differ: http://www.midgardbb.com/MBBLTeams/Fimir.html (updated from an official 2nd ed team IIRC).

Don't get me wrong, I like the monkey theme. The roster just doesn't have a style different enough from exisiting races. They are rubbish Humans or Slann sans gimmick. As I implied, they would be competitive vs agility teams (since PT stacks so can be nasty). But PT is virtually useless against Orcs/Dwarfs etc. so they would be complete fodder.

Perhaps A access on the lineman might make them more interesting. A development path and fitting with the monkey theme.

Btw, PT is overcosted on the linemen. They aren't worth 50K IMO. Definitely should not go up in cost!

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

A change suggested to many by others is that I change 0-4 Runners to 0-2 Runners and change the blitzers to 0-4 instead of 0-2.
And it was suggested that I exchange wrestle with Block.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

The Blitzers are way overpriced. Both in context of the team and when compared to other players. For example the Human Blitzer, who swaps PT and Wrestle for +1MA and Block, a clear upgrade.

I think Wrestle fits the monkey theme you have here though.

Demagoge
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Demagoge »

I´m not sure about Mutations on doubles. Imho that doesn´t fit to the theme.

KaRoTa e.V. - our tabletop and roleplaying club in Kaiserslautern (Germany)
If you want to play a game in our area, please feel free to contact us via our forum

My teams:
Frog`n´Roll - Slann
Seaguard Saphires - Pro Elf
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

You have to keep in mind, that despite their overall lack of aggression, the Monkey people are still related to beastmen, and that is why they on occasion get access to mutation. Now it is a rare event though, but it also separates them more from sides like Amazons and Norse that have the 6337 Skill set up.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

They should be able to fling poo at one another, at the least. Some kind of nega trait like "off for a bite", might be here "dump-off" but then monkey-style.

I like the idea, but it's too far out there. To me, at least.

kadu-c
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by kadu-c »

No Extra Arms ? Monkeys can play with their feet ! :lol:

Play Beach Bowl !!! :D (LRB 6 update)

NAF World Cup 2007 3rd place team
EuroBowl 2010 French Captain
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

I don't think using your feet counts totally as an extra hand, since they are near the bottom of the body, and you still need two limbs to move in any direction. But with Mutation on the table, they is no reason why it can't happen. I might add Frenzy to the Blitzers, since they are half wild animals.
Actually, if Joemanji's poinit is correct, and PT is little weak on the Monkeys, I might be an interesting experiment is they got Frenzy to go along with PT. It would certainly make them a more chaotic team to play, which I think would fit thematically. Wild ranging Monkeys.
Of course Orangotaurs (Nobody commented on the name, which I thought was really a cool name) would not get Frenzy. They are too calm and cool, but Grab would definitely fit them, if they weren't pretty good to begin with.