human crime syndicate team

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

human crime syndicate team

Post by Oly1987 »

My idea is to have a team of humans that come from the criminal underworld. The idea is that they are faster than your average human player but with lower armour and employ sneaky backhanded tactics to overcome the opposition with assassins and special weapons, and no access to big guys. Merely an idea but if anyone finds it interesting i'll start posting some preliminary idea's and call for help on balancing and playtesting.

Reason: ''
4 catchers and a thrower with hail mary pass, what could possibly go wrong?
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Re: human crime syndicate team

Post by inkpwn »

They are called 'dark elfs' ;)

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

inkpwn wrote:They are called 'dark elfs' ;)
LMAO :lol:

Also why is it that someone from Hull (AKA East Yorkshire)thinks about a team full of criminals ?? Hmmmm

Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Oly1987 »

actually im from Grimsby as it states which is in north east lincolnshire :P . And the Idea wasnt to rip off DE its more a human blend of skaven and goblins. Thats the idea anyway and this was an idea from the early hours of the morning and it seemed like a good one at the time

Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Oly1987 »

and yeah the assassin idea is *cough* heavily borrowed from DE i'll admit. But i was think of special players such a pickpockets (start with strip ball) Theives (runners) with dump off (drop the goods before you get sacked) etc. Like i said in the opening post a purely off the top of the head idea and not really expecting it to be recieved incredibly well but hey you dont post you dont get feedback.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

''Well jim it appears some unsavory types have made it on to the pitch.
Yes bob, but arnt they all a bit unsavory?
I get your point jim but these ones look a little more mean.
Fantastic maybe we can see some extra carnage!
Ohhh I can't wait jim!
Yes but just keep your hand on your wallet bob.''
:D

Let's try a quick idea template.

0-16 inmate-> 6,3,3,7 thick skull. G. SAP 40k

0-2 Thief-> 7,3,3,8 thick skull, strip ball, fend GA SP 80k

0-2 prison transvestite-> 6,4,3,8 disturbing presence,foul apperance,grab GS, AP 120k

0-1 bruiser-> 4,5,1,8 thick skull, mighty blow, really stupid, juggernaut S,APG 140k

just1234person
Rookie
Rookie

Post by just1234person »

inkpwn wrote:0-2 prison transvestite-> 6,4,3,8 disturbing presence,foul apperance,grab GS, AP 120k
I'm not sure I'd want to see those models.

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

give the thieves stunty and av6. fantastic ball hunters, but easily killed.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

just1234person wrote:
inkpwn wrote:0-2 prison transvestite-> 6,4,3,8 disturbing presence,foul apperance,grab GS, AP 120k
I'm not sure I'd want to see those models.
Possibly this?=
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tzoscey
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tzoscey »

why not give them secret weapons? Access to mutations?
underground human/crime sindicate, they live in the bottom of society (in the sewer, near drainage of the river, dark alleys, narrow streets) they are so near of warpstone (i really like mordheim background :) ), that they are different from other human. they have low protection cos they are not rich enought to get better equipment.

what do you think about?

0-16 inmate/minion-> 6,3,3,7 thick skull. GM. SAP 50k

0-2 Thief-> 6,3,3,7 dodge, dump off, sprint GAM SP 80k

0-2 blackmailer-> 6,3,3,8 disturbing presence, tackle, sure hands GPM, SA 90k

0-2 bruiser-> 4,4,2,8 thick skull, stand firm SM,APG 100k

0-1 Ogre 4,5,2,9 thick skull, mighty blow, bonehead, SM,APG 120k

0-1 Chainsaw looney 6 3 3 7 thick skull, chainsaw, no hands, secret weapon ¿?k (80k?)

0-1 Dinamyte man 6 3 3 7 thick skull, bombardier, secret weapon, no hands GP SA 70k

SO 60k

One Orc, Two Orc , Another injury
Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Oly1987 »

tzoscey wrote:why not give them secret weapons? Access to mutations?
underground human/crime sindicate, they live in the bottom of society (in the sewer, near drainage of the river, dark alleys, narrow streets) they are so near of warpstone (i really like mordheim background :) ), that they are different from other human. they have low protection cos they are not rich enought to get better equipment.

what do you think about?

0-16 inmate/minion-> 6,3,3,7 thick skull. GM. SAP 50k

0-2 Thief-> 6,3,3,7 dodge, dump off, sprint GAM SP 80k

0-2 blackmailer-> 6,3,3,8 disturbing presence, tackle, sure hands GPM, SA 90k

0-2 bruiser-> 4,4,2,8 thick skull, stand firm SM,APG 100k

0-1 Ogre 4,5,2,9 thick skull, mighty blow, bonehead, SM,APG 120k

0-1 Chainsaw looney 6 3 3 7 thick skull, chainsaw, no hands, secret weapon ¿?k (80k?)

0-1 Dinamyte man 6 3 3 7 thick skull, bombardier, secret weapon, no hands GP SA 70k

SO 60k

The Chainsaw, Dynamite and bruiser i agree with, no ogre though i'd be thinking

0-4 Thief 7 2 3 7 dodge, dump off, sure feet GA 80k
0-2 pickpockets 6 3 3 7 strip ball, sure hands GAP 70k
0-2 assassin 7 3 3 7 stab (other skills you think would be good please comment)

We might even be onto something. I mean, why wouldnt crime syndicates want to get into blood bowl, the mob boss makes a team and takes a hefty cut from the massive amounts of gold the game generates

instead if inmates i'd call them thugs

Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

Oly1987 wrote:And the Idea wasnt to rip off DE its more a human blend of skaven and goblins.
tzoscey wrote:Access to mutations?
underground human/crime sindicate, they live in the bottom of society (in the sewer, near drainage of the river, dark alleys, narrow streets) they are so near of warpstone (i really like mordheim background :) ), that they are different from other human.
Yes, if only we could have a team made up of Skaven and Goblins living below all the hated races walking above in the sun, teaming together to form Blood Bowl teams. However these teams often would have very poor records as they spend most of their time infighting and blaming each other for the errors for each play. The one feature of this team that makes many fans attend is that the players would sleep and bathe in Warpstone (and some eat it). While this would kill off most of the potential players before they ever join a team, the ones that do survive often develop fascinating mutations.

That would really be unique, new and refreshing. If I had more time I'd think of a roster for this team :wink:
Oly1987 wrote:0-2 assassin 7 3 3 7 stab (other skills you think would be good please comment)
I'd like to see the "best" assassin left to the DE. Considering how poor the DE one already is, this may brake this one.
So maybe 6 3 3 7 stab and nothing else?

tzoscey
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tzoscey »

i dont see human being to sneaky to use knive on the pitch, not in the dark elf style, so i wouldnt let them access to the stab ability.. humans are more fan of chainsaw or bombs

0-4 Thief 7 2 3 7 dodge, dump off, sure feet GA 80k
0-2 pickpockets 6 3 3 7 strip ball, sure hands GAP 70k

i like pickpockets as ballcarriers/retrievers more than the blackmailers i suggest xD
thief has a really weakness with ST2, the most complain in human roster is usually the lack of strenght in their runners.. so i would mantain ST3 and MO6 with the sure feet, cos theis streetborn tough

One Orc, Two Orc , Another injury
Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Oly1987 »

im liking some of the idea's generated really glad to see my thread hasnt just been overlooked. I realise the chances of it becoming a proper roster are slim, but its nice to see people taking an interest. Especially liked the jim and bob commentary made the whole idea seem like it would fit into blood bowl. Keep the posts coming!

just1234person
Rookie
Rookie

Post by just1234person »

I love new team ideas, too.

I'll likely be adding a team mod for the Cyanide Blood Bowl game here soonish for something from this thread here, so you can test it out in single player versus the horribly wonky AI.