Slann - the expensive experiment

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

gandresch
Experienced
Experienced

Slann - the expensive experiment

Post by gandresch »

Hi,

i've played a lot of games with Slann by now against a lot of different races and i am not very happy with the concept of Slann, as their playstyle is a lot more depending on luck than for most of the other races (excluding the stunty ones).
I have three major problems with the team:
- They are far too expensive
- The lack a lot of important skills
- There is only one RR per turn allowed to be used.

Let's start with the RR thing. Of course all your players have Leap and VLL. You can position your players nearly as free as you like and are way more aggressive than any other team i've seen. But all your actions depend on those 3+ rolls. Usually you succeed in 1 or 2 of them, before there is a TO. In your offense, this isn't a problem. But to succeed blocking a good defense, the Leap skill is quite neccessary.
I never had more than 3 blitzers and 2 catchers at the same time in one of the teams. And i never got more than 14 players, while i never got more than 13 to play a single game. The value on the other hand was quite high and you can climb over 200 easily with 12 or 13 players, without having that many skills. Every player costs at least 10k more than the ones of a human team. So you give away a lot of inducements, which have no real countervalue.
You have no Block, no Wrestle, no Dodge, no skills, that give you RR in some way. So you need a lot of RR for the Leap thing and have none left. By the way I don't tend to use Leap all the time and JU and DT on the blitzers is nice to have.

So all in all:
Slann are more expensive than the other teams and take inducements against teams, that are equal in strength or even higher. Slann need more RR than other teams, Slann have no life keeping skills.
Therefor you need less luck to be more aggressive. The idea of Leap all over the team is great!

I would appreciate to have some more safety in the game, some things you can rely on. Pro might be a nice skill for positions, Dodge on the catchers, reducing the number of catchers to 2 and offering a more robust frog position with 2 players with Wrestle or something would be nice to have (not all, just wanted to give some thoughts on it).

Has anyone else experienced some of the things above while playing Slann or has ideas to handle it?

Greets,
gan

Reason: ''
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Slann - the expensive experiment

Post by txapo »

gandresch wrote: Has anyone else experienced some of the things above while playing Slann or has ideas to handle it?
In my opinion here there are many good advice!!!

http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/playbooks/slann.pdf

Reason: ''