Halfling Runners

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

just1234person
Rookie
Rookie

Halfling Runners

Post by just1234person »

Bascially, I've been having fun making up new teams and putting them into the Cyanide game for playtesting, my new teams thread. Someone mentioned an all Dump-Off team could be fun, so I thought Halflings would be a good candidate.

"Few Halflings would even consider fielding onto the Blood Bowl pitch without a Treeman, and even fewer would try and play Blood Bowl via the Elven method of passing. These Halfling Passers are truly exceptional, not just in how badly they are often beaten on the pitch, but in the unbelievable and unlikely plays they often pull off, despite their disadvantage."

QTY Position MV ST AG AV Skills Access Cost
0-16 Halfling Runner 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Dump-Off A 40k
0-2 Halfling Thrower 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Pass, Dump-Off PA 60k
0-4 Halfling Catcher 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Catch, Sprint, Sure Feet A 60k
0-2 Halfling Stoutboy 5 2 3 7 Wrestle, Dauntless, Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty A 70k
0-1 Ogre 5 5 2 9 Loner, Bone-Head, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Throw Team-Mate S 140k

Rerolls 60,000

No Treeman to protect them, but Stoutboys can 1D block through the cage, and every Halfling having Dump-Off means it's easier for them to keep the ball. However, it's harder for me to guesstimate the effectiveness of this team idea. Anyways, what do you think?

I might apply the Dump-Off, Stunty team idea to something else, maybe Pygmies with AV 7, if it needs a boost.

Reason: ''
Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Halfling Runners

Post by Oly1987 »

nice idea i'd like to see it in action

4 catchers and a thrower with hail mary pass, what could possibly go wrong?
just1234person
Rookie
Rookie

Post by just1234person »

Halfling Rugby Team

Few Halflings would even consider fielding onto the Blood Bowl pitch without a Treeman, and even fewer would try and play Blood Bowl by the method of passing of the ball. These Halfling Passers are truly exceptional, not just in how badly they are often beaten on the pitch, but in the unbelievable and unlikely plays they often pull off, despite their disadvantage.

Instructions
Simply load this pre-created campaign from your saved campaign folder (documents/BloodBowlLegendary/Saves/Campaigns):
http://www.mediafire.com/?9r58zc1vy5adjiv

QTY Position MV ST AG AV Skills Access Cost
0-16 Halfling Runner 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Dump-Off A 40k
0-2 Halfling Thrower 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Pass, Sure Hands, Dump-Off PA 60k
0-4 Halfling Catcher 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Catch, Sprint, Sure Feet, Dump-Off A 60k
0-4 Halfling Stoutfolk 5 2 3 7 Wrestle, Dauntless, Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty A 70k
0-1 Ogre 5 5 2 9 Loner, Bone-Head, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Throw Team-Mate S 140k

Rerolls 60k

Halfling Rugby Team by just1234person, on Flickr

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

Surely the runner should be faster than the catcher?

estyles
Rookie
Rookie

Post by estyles »

I like this team. I was thinking before I saw this post how the biggest problem with Halflings is that they don't have positionals and how if I were to redesign the current team in the game, I would give them something like:

0-2 Runners 5236 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Sure Hands AP 50K
and/or
0-2 Halfling Blockers 5237 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff GA 50K

Would be a small tweak, but I think it would make them more fun to play and slightly more competitive. But I really like your idea of Stoutfolk with Dauntless. Dauntless is the perfect skill for a Halfling blocker-type. Would it be such a crime if they got 2 guys with G access?

Anyway, neither here nor there, but peripherally related.

Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

as a reference here's a pdf file I found on Halfling team variants..

www.sg.tacticalwargames.net/fanatic/84hhab.pdf

"In Dodge We Trust"