South Lands

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

just1234person
Rookie
Rookie

South Lands

Post by just1234person »

Lacking fluff, but essentially an alternate human team idea revolving around putting in Pygmies and Dervishes. Essentially, I combined the Arabian team idea with some other team idea from this forum (I forget which).

Will be putting this in the Cyanide game for playtesting/tweaking, and frankly, just to fiddle around with, at my new teams thread.

South Lands

QTY Title Cost Stats Skills Skillups
0-16 Lineman 6 3 3 8 G/SAP 50k
0-4 Pygmies 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Dauntless A/GSP 60k
0-2 Thrower 6 3 3 8 Strong Arm, Pass GP/SA 90k
0-4 Dervish 7 3 3 7 Frenzy, Side Step, Jump Up GS/AP 90k
0-2 Catcher 7 3 3 7 Catch, Dodge GA/SP 90k
0-1 Ogre 5 5 2 9 S/GAP 140k

Rerolls 60,000

What do you think?

Edit: On second thought, a Dauntless stunty on a St 3 team is...well...too Superman.

Reason: ''
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Re: South Lands

Post by inkpwn »

What do I think? I think you have to slow down on team design me bucko.

just1234person
Rookie
Rookie

Post by just1234person »

Haha, at least I'm not proposing Space Marines.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Personely I have nothing against space marines....I just think they would need there own space blood bowl varient that's popular with all the kids over the better classic fantasy version and then gets more support and...wait.

Any way. I used to think of a lot of cool team ideas but I now think they are best left of the forums unless your as passionate a plasmoid is about his bret roset.

+ four dauntless stunties? getouttahere.

just1234person
Rookie
Rookie

Post by just1234person »

Yeah, I think the game is very well represented already with different playstyles/rosters as is with the teams available. It really doesn't need more. I agree, Rosters like these really should generally just remain on forums.

Still, I can't resist the fun in creating new rosters and putting them in game to see how they play out. That's a fun mini game itself, for me. All I'm looking to do is create something slightly different for playing in single player campaign mode in the computer game for myself and anyone else who wants to to play. Beyond that, I'm not looking to introduce anything to the game, beyond seeing how an idea plays out.

just1234person
Rookie
Rookie

Post by just1234person »

I took the Dauntless Stunties idea from the mod by rayon_delta's Pygmy team. It is pretty stong, however, they don't have access to Block/Wrestle except on doubles and can never get Horns.

Still, I see your point.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Can you make an ultra crazy space marine mod for me? Just to have something so completly OTT that everything else boils to ruin?

All space marines are
8,7,6,10 GAS, P (never mutation) block,dauntless, thick skull, mighty blow, strong arm 50k

Dreadnought 7,9,4,11 GS, PA. Block, mighty blow 90k

Just for fun. Fun. And crazy shenanigans.

just1234person
Rookie
Rookie

Post by just1234person »

I was thinking about it, the problem is there aren't appropriate models to make the illusion feel right. I could just slap some Chaos Warriors together with a Deathroller, but I figured the work it'd take to put it together wouldn't be worth the effect.

just1234person
Rookie
Rookie

Post by just1234person »

I guess I am looking at these team concepts more from the 'what sounds fun and different to play versus a computer A.I.' versus 'what is balanced and adds a significantly new playstyle to the game'. The latter seems to be what new teams for real play are judged on, which is appropriate. We don't need 4 kinds of Humans and 5 kinds of Chaos teams, that's just silly.

But given that we can playtest/try things with relatively little effort and database editing in the Cyanide game, I'm all for trying out new ideas.

For balancing, I'm thinking this one probably needs to lose a lot to make Dauntless stunties not over the top overpowered. I was thinking without easy access to Wrestle/Block, they could be somewhat balanced by the teams downsides, as least enough to keep things fun/interesting for playing the A.I, and it adds a different dimension to the game.

But..., then again, thinking about it, a Dauntless stunty could get anywhere and hit for a 1D Block. Hmm...this one might remain on the shelf.

just1234person
Rookie
Rookie

Post by just1234person »

I think this would best be changed to simply make the stunties well, Stunty.

0-4 Pygmies 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff A/GSP 40k

Then, essentially, you can play a human team with a St 3 Catcher, Dervishes (which sound fun), and stunties. Might be worth fiddling with.

I think I've about exhausted the ideas I want to make now though. I'm starting to dig a little too deep. :P