Thick skull for the human blitzers.

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Add thick skull to the human blitzers?

Yes
13%
No
87%

Total votes: 55

MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Thick skull for the human blitzers.

Post by MKL »

glowworm wrote:
Flashman wrote:Personally I think no. I'm not convinced the Blitzer is the problem in the team.

I'm increasingly convinced it's the Catchers who should be S3... maybe increase their price but TBH probably decrease their movement would be the fairest way to balance it.
+1

Never got why Human catchers are S2, dont see the blitzers as the "problem child" of the team, in fact ive seen /played against Human teams with no catchers, never played against one with no blitzers....
Well, that's the idea behind Doubleskull's alternative Humans
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=27174

Reason: ''
Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

Catchers have always been S2. I don't see that as a problem either. Of all the move 8 players out there IIRC it's on the Wardancer and Werewolf (at lots more money than the catcher).

IMO we are into the realms of having your cake and eating it.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Smurf wrote:Catchers have always been S2. I don't see that as a problem either. Of all the move 8 players out there IIRC it's on the Wardancer and Werewolf (at lots more money than the catcher).

IMO we are into the realms of having your cake and eating it.
You're forgetting the High Elf catcher with 8/3/4/7, Catch for 90K and the Pro elf catcher with 8/3/4/7 Catch, NOS for 100K.
So losing dodge but gaining ST and AG for a measly 20K or gaining NOS for an extra 10K.

They compare badly to the gutter runner and wood elf catcher as well as the gutter gains MA, AG and mutations access on doubles for 10K more all for the loss of the mediocre skill catch. Whilst the wood elf catcher gains AG and sprint for 20K more.

At the very least they should be 60K, though I prefer the AV8 fix as it makes them more unique.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

From what I have heard and seen the catcher only serves as a mobile guard piece.

The cost is in relation to other pieces on the team and not to other pieces in the game. For 20K more than a lineman you get: +2MA, -1ST, -1AV, Dodge, Catch and access to A skills.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

burgun824 wrote:while I'm distracting the ref he plants a steel chair on the back of your skull.
But if Human Blitzers get TS, does that mean they can no-sell the chair shot (like John Cena)?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.