Vampires biting the other team.

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

nick_nameless
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Vampires biting the other team.

Post by nick_nameless »

It would be nice to see Vampires somewhere have access to a skill that allows them to sate blood lust on the opposing team. The skill could be called Bite Opponent, use the same rules as stab with stakes (ie, if you blood lust and choose to bite the opponent, your action ends there no matter what you declared...so a pass or hand off action would be lost, but a block or a blitz could be the bite. Fail to break armor, go to the reserves box.). This skill could be accessed on an improvement roll of 6,6, so the Vamp player would have to choose it instead of + Str, and for the same TV cost.

Reason: ''
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Vampires biting the other team.

Post by txapo »

too much a lotery for me. :smoking:

nick_nameless
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nick_nameless »

txapo wrote:too much a lotery for me. :smoking:
True enough. Not saying that has to be the format exactly...just that I think there should be a mechanism for it.

duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

If I would invent a house rule for this I'd say that a vampire can attempt to bite an opponent after successfully using Hypnotic Gaze on him. Passing an agility roll with a +1 modifier and -1 for each opposing tacklezone.

Praise Nuffle!
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

And if he fails to break armour he wakes up from the hypno?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
nick_nameless
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nick_nameless »

duckwing wrote:If I would invent a house rule for this I'd say that a vampire can attempt to bite an opponent after successfully using Hypnotic Gaze on him. Passing an agility roll with a +1 modifier and -1 for each opposing tacklezone.
So, if the vampire fails a blood lust, he can move to an opposing player, make a hypnotic gaze roll with the regular modifiers, and if successful bite the opponent using the rules for stab with stakes. Any casualty roll is Badly Hurt, as is normal for Blood Lust, and no SPPs.

I like it.

Should the skill be accessible on doubles, just 6,6, just 10, 11, 12?

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

What about a sneaky git style foul as well? No need for it to be an extra skill as if he doesn't break armour then it's still a turnover since the vamp didn't get any blood so would have to go feed on the crowd.

And there is the risk of getting sent off anyway if he does break armour.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
nick_nameless
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nick_nameless »

spubbbba wrote:What about a sneaky git style foul as well? No need for it to be an extra skill as if he doesn't break armour then it's still a turnover since the vamp didn't get any blood so would have to go feed on the crowd.

And there is the risk of getting sent off anyway if he does break armour.
It's another way to do it. I don't like it as much because using the fouling rules in this fashion means using them with fundamental changes. Using the rules for stab with stakes is something that exists now. I like using existing game mechanics that don't require too much monkeying with the core rules.

duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

My thought was that when they're blocking each other there's too much shoving around to successfully bite the opponent even if he does manage to break armour but if the player has lost his tackle-zone the vampire just has to reach his neck or wrist or other exposed body part, thus an AG roll instead of armour roll.

An additional rule could be that you can't bite players with Regeneration, so that you can't bite undead players.

Praise Nuffle!
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

duckwing wrote:.....

An additional rule could be that you can't bite players with Regeneration, so that you can't bite undead players.
Why? Undead don't need anymore of a bonus. If they are regualr vampires you could just say your drinking the necromantic magiks, or they could be I am legend vampires and can drink other 'undead'.
As for it being a AG role, your just going to eat dwarves but in all honestly could you find a vein on one? Under all that armour, beard and then rhino thick skin. No chance.

nick_nameless
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nick_nameless »

duckwing wrote:My thought was that when they're blocking each other there's too much shoving around to successfully bite the opponent even if he does manage to break armour but if the player has lost his tackle-zone the vampire just has to reach his neck or wrist or other exposed body part, thus an AG roll instead of armour roll.

But there is no shoving around, because the bite requires a successful hypnotic gaze....wait...wasn't I agreeing with you on that before?

:lol:

duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

inkpwn wrote:
duckwing wrote:.....

Why? Undead don't need anymore of a bonus. If they are regualr vampires you could just say your drinking the necromantic magiks, or they could be I am legend vampires and can drink other 'undead'.
As for it being a AG role, your just going to eat dwarves but in all honestly could you find a vein on one? Under all that armour, beard and then rhino thick skin. No chance.
Vampires should drink blood. Zombies etc. don't have blood. That's my opinion.

As for dwarves, you can always bite their big nose ;)

Praise Nuffle!
duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

nick_nameless wrote:
duckwing wrote:My thought was that when they're blocking each other there's too much shoving around to successfully bite the opponent even if he does manage to break armour but if the player has lost his tackle-zone the vampire just has to reach his neck or wrist or other exposed body part, thus an AG roll instead of armour roll.

But there is no shoving around, because the bite requires a successful hypnotic gaze....wait...wasn't I agreeing with you on that before?

Um... yes and no I think.
You say that the vampire should make a stab attack against the hypnotized victim and if he breaks through the armour he can drink it's blood, rolling for injury.
I said that he must pass another AG roll after hypnotizing the victim and if successful he can drink it's blood, rolling for injury.

Praise Nuffle!
nick_nameless
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nick_nameless »

duckwing wrote:
nick_nameless wrote:

Um... yes and no I think.
You say that the vampire should make a stab attack against the hypnotized victim and if he breaks through the armour he can drink it's blood, rolling for injury.
I said that he must pass another AG roll after hypnotizing the victim and if successful he can drink it's blood, rolling for injury.
Yeah...I guess I prefer the stab mechanic because you are going to cause an injury if successful. I can't think of another game mechanic in which a successful AG roll causes an injury.