New Team: Arr! It be the pirates...

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

New Team: Arr! It be the pirates...

Post by Ithilkir »

Just sitting here bored and scribbled up a new team. Completely un-playtested :)

Code: Select all

Qty    Position                Mv St Ag Av   Skills & Traits          Cost       Skills
0-12   Crew                    6  3  3  8    -                        50,000     Gn
0-2    Cabin Boy               8  2  3  7    Dodge, Side Step         70,000     Gn, Ag
0-2    Boatswains              7  3  3  8    Strip Ball               80,000     Gn
1      Pirate Captain          6  4  3  8    Leader, Peg Leg          100,000    Gn, St

Re-Rolls: 60,000

Team Traits:
If the Pirate Captain is killed for whatever reason, the Crew member with the highest SPP (dice off if equal players) becomes the new captain, update the player position to reflect this. The new captain gains the skill "Leader" and access to Strength skills. You may add the trait "Peg Leg" to the new captain if you wish.

New Traits:
Peg Leg: Arr! This scurvy ol' sea dog has a wooden leg and can no longer 'go for it', however by pirate luck any injuries to the legs are ignored as they just break a bit of wood and can be replaced. Any serious injury rolls of "Fractured Leg", "Smashed Knee" or "Smashed Ankle" are ignored and the player is placed in the dugout while he fits a new peg leg on. He may return to play at the next drive. Players inflicting this 'casualty' gain SPP as usual.
Arr!

Reason: ''
Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

heh i thought about maybe converting some jungle fighters for this kinda thing (tho not exactly pirates, ork freebooters being better), though it looks a bit of hassle the way arms are for them and i got plenty of minis here to sort out first.

Rune
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rune »

Cool team, but a bit underpowered I think. Five postition players is not much.

Also, wouldn't it be logical (if such a word can be applied in blood bowl) for the captain to have less AG. After all he has a peg leg, and probably a hook and an eye patch too.

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

You going to mod up the figures to have steering wheels on their trousers?

...I'll get me coat

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Star players.....Master Bates and Seaman Staines.

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
franck_le_grand
Veteran
Veteran

Post by franck_le_grand »

I've seen a whole goblin squad which were all in pirate clothes. They were very cool, but when I decided to buy them they were sold out. I don't know who made them but it wasn't GW. Have anybody seen them??

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Roger the cabin boy

Rune
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rune »

franck_le_grand wrote:I've seen a whole goblin squad which were all in pirate clothes. They were very cool, but when I decided to buy them they were sold out. I don't know who made them but it wasn't GW. Have anybody seen them??
Not a whole squad, but Confrontation has some cool goblin buccaneers (though not very suited for Blood Bowl):
ImageImage

franck_le_grand
Veteran
Veteran

Post by franck_le_grand »

rune wrote:Not a whole squad, but Confrontation has some cool goblin buccaneers (though not very suited for Blood Bowl):
Well... remove the sword and the gun from mini. 1 and make him point instead, and he's ready to play bloodbowl.
Mini. 2 is going to be the turnmarker.

And BTW there's ten or so in that serie, which you can buy in a boxed set.

Le Grand

Oxinotl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oxinotl »

Hey! Where are the swashbucklers? You gotta add a position called that. Look at the Mordheim pirate warband for ideas.

/Ox
Styrofoam King
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Styrofoam King »

Or for Position players, raise the cost of Boatswains up to 90, give them access to Strength skills, and let their be four on a team. Blitzers that start out with a non-block skill!