Rise of the Automatons - New Team

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Strong Linesmen vs. Average Linesmen as shown below

Strong Preference for Strong Linesmen
29%
Weak Preference for Strong Linesmen
14%
No Preference
14%
Weak Preference for Average Linesmen
No votes
Strong Preference for Average Linesmen
43%

Total votes: 7

Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Rise of the Automatons - New Team

Post by Tourach »

Hmmm i dont get this, now this team looks like the ogre team a lot... I don't like the composition I see now. Would rather have few builders and more (less brutal) automatons!

Reason: ''
I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Yeah, that was something I threw in that I was thinking about. The forum is still dedicated to the original idea of tons of big slow guys and a few creators to keep everyone working. But I might use the Gnomes that I have created as the basis for the Creators. With Dodge and Block, they won't go down often or easily, allowing them to survive longer.

After we get this poll dealt with, I'd like people to post the kind of stat line they'd like on the Automatons. I'm thinking the cost shouldn't be more then 70K on those guys. Also, we might want to consider if there should be positionals for the Automatons, or is we are going with a simple 2 types of players at this moment? And should we have crazy secret weapons included? We have a lot of questions that need answers.

Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

I voted for no throwable gnomes, making this "stunty"-type team more different.

I liked the first idea a lot:
QTY Position MV ST AG AV Skills Access Cost
0-16 Automatons 6 3 2 9 Really Stupid, Dauntless Thick SKull S/GAP 50k
0-4 Engineers 5 3 3 8 Fend, GAP/S 60k
0-4 Advanced Automatons 6 4 2 9 Really Stupid, Dauntless, Thick Skull, S/GAP 100k

But I think the advanced automatons might be a bit weak here...
I like that the "normal" automatons have decent speed and a lot of survivability. I think the normal Automatons should have general-skills on a normal roll (and perhaps remove strength access), and their fine (they are built sturdy and to handle any opposition). The advanced Automatons should be a better player but unreliable but still of course with really stupid.
0-4 Advanced Automatons 7 4 2 8 Really Stupid, Sprint, break tackle SA/GP 100k
could be a fun stat line, fast and manouvarable has the strange combo of ag and st skills which makes it unreliable but deadly, doesn't handle the ball well but could later get catch, dodge, surefeet to have a somewhat reliable ballcarrier. Does look a bit like a bull, but with ag skills instead of general skills and a lot squishier.

A.k.a MissSweden
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

I think the Automatons need to be a lot tougher then that if they are going to be really stupid.

We are breaking tons of rules with this team. Putting Really Stupid on the majority of players does not follow the guidelines of Team building, so why not take it a step further, and make all the players 'blockers'

Automatons - 6/4/2/9 - Really Stupid, - Really Stupid, Thick Skull- 70K, GS/AP? Fast and furious, but 1/6 of the time, that don't do anything.

I'm using this as a pricing guide, and counting really stupid as -40K off the cost.
http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/v ... 61#p416661

Tourach, what do you think of these gnomes as our creator race -
Gnome - 5/1/3/6 - Stunty, Dodge, Block, Titchy -AP/GS - 40K? They can't hit at all with 1 strength, but with Dodge and Block, they can stay standing most of the time, and since they'll be hanging around Automatons, they have some slight protection against most hits. Of course, the rule of thumb for the Gnome players would be the same as everyone else, always dodge one space away, so that people can only blitz one Gnome at a time.

Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

Brainstorming a bit.
well, as I said before I am not a fan of the whole another stunty and big strong guys team and . I voted for dwarf type engineer at first but I liked the gnome with block also, getting blodge and av 8 pretty fast but not very strong i guess is fine too.

the statline:
Automatons - 6/4/2/9 - Really Stupid, Thick Skull- 70K, GS/AP?
does look an awful lot like a Saurus making the team work much like a bad version of a Lizardman team. But ofcourse one needs to look at what your going field on the pitch.

You probably need to have 4 gnomes to make the other players do anything, so probably you will only field 7 automatons, so I guess 7 st 4 players wont be that bad or unheard of...

I guess you could have 2 kinds of automatons (with st 4) and one big-guy-type automaton.

A combination of wild animal and really stupid Automatons could also be an idea as wild animal players can help really stupid players if you get into a predicament. thats 2 kinds of automatons.
0-16 Automatons - 6/4/2/9 - Really Stupid, Thick Skull, (one more marginal skill)- 80K, GS/AP?
0-4 Advanced Automatons 7 4 2 8 Wild animal, (frenzy,) Sprint, break tackle SA/GP 100k
0-4 Engineers of some kind.
This would make it possible to lose 1 or 2 engineers and still be able to play, if you position yourself correct :D

A.k.a MissSweden
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

How about instead of Wild Animal, we go with Steam Armor suit with Bone Head. The bone head would represent someone in the machine capable of trying to fix it at all times. Same function though, and they can still try to fix other Automatons. The only downside is the loss of Tackle zones on a miss roll.

0-2 or 4- Steam Suit - 6/4/3/9 - Bone Head, Thick Skull, Juggernaut - 120K

The Automatons are not set in stone yet. I was thinking of giving them Stand Firm and Tackle, and reducing movement and agility, so that they would more beneficial when not moved or risked. Once they have a location on the field, you avoid them like the plague.

0-16 Automatons 6/3/2/9 Really Stupid, Tackle, Thick Skull, Stand Firm GS/AP M 60K
0-4 Gnomes 6/1/3/8 Dodge, Stunty, Block, Titchy, AP/GS 60K
0-2 AutomatonDs 4/4/2/9 Really Stupid, Tackle, Thick Skull, Stand Firm, GS/AP M 100K
0-2 Steam Armor 5/4/3/9 Bone Head, Thick Skull, Juggernaut, Sure Feet GS/AP 130K

and then we have room for a few secret weapons.

Note - this is super far out there -
Gnome Steamborg - half Gnome, half steam Engine

Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

Ok i kinda like that version, and it's your team for sure so I think its fine. A whole team with standfirm is REALLY hard to tackle so a coach with good positioning skulls should be able to make playing against it a real nightmare.

A.k.a MissSweden
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Well, the way I see it, the Automatons are like towers on the field. You don't move them around much, but where they stand, the pretty much cover that area. They remind me of the Nuggle team in how they would play. Strong on the defensive, but weak on offense.

By the way, the vote is in, we are not flinging our gnomes, with a vote 3-1 against gnome flinging. Thanks for taking part in the vote. I have a few more questions people can take part in.

Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

I'm saying strength for Automatons on the basis they are machines with no reflex system so "General" would be a no-no....Now Mutation would be fun!...Pimp My Bot, anyone?!! :lol:

"In Dodge We Trust"
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Gnomes – Strong Linesmen
0-16 Automaton 4/4/2/9 Stand Firm, Really Stupid, S/GAPM 70K
0-4 Gnomes 6/1/3/8 Dodge, Stunty, Block GAP/S 70K
0-2 A. Automaton 5/4/2/9 Stand Firm, Really Stupid, Tackle, GS/SPM 100K
0-1 Steam Armor 4/6/1/9 Loner, Bone Head, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, S/GAMP 140K
Reroll 50K

Gnomes – Average Linesmen
0-16 Automaton 7/3/2/9 Block, Really Stupid S/GAPM 60K
0-4 Gnomes 6/1/3/8 Dodge, Stunty, Block GAP/S 70K
0-2 H. Automatons 5/5/1/9 Stand Firm, Really Stupid, Tackle, Thick Skull S/GAPM 120K
0-1 Steam Armor 4/6/1/9 Loner, Bone Head, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, S/GAMP 140K

Two Competing ideas.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Could use some more votes!