Rise of the Automatons - New Team

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Strong Linesmen vs. Average Linesmen as shown below

Strong Preference for Strong Linesmen
29%
Weak Preference for Strong Linesmen
14%
No Preference
14%
Weak Preference for Average Linesmen
No votes
Strong Preference for Average Linesmen
43%

Total votes: 7

Pug
Legend
Legend

Re: Rise of the Automatons - New Team

Post by Pug »

...fair point....Definately a T3 team though!...all good!

Reason: ''
"In Dodge We Trust"
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

So, I've updated the front page with a new poll. I plan to make a new poll for this team every few days, with new ideas or options. Everyones input will count. New ideas will be considered and those that people like will be added. If you have a suggested option, that can be made into a later poll.

Right now, the main of idea of the team is that it is made up of Automatons and their creators. The poll posted is asking who should have created the team?
Gnomes are popular and in many fantasy worlds, the creators of the odd and crazy. Humans have the engineering guild, and so do the dwarves. There is also an option for the Goblins.

My next question is who will make up the 0-16 starting line up? Will it be the creators or the Automatons?

A third question will be about positionals. Will be go the way of the Halflings, and have only two, that of the Creators and the Automatons? Will the team have a big guy? Will there be specialized automatons?

All are welcome to take part. It will be a fun experiment on what we as a community can come up with for a team.

bouncergriim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by bouncergriim »

I like the gnomes, but I would like to see a non dodge/agility stunty, how about block instead of dodge and access to agility on doubles. Gnomes are stout little engineers more like a mini-dwarf than halfling like. But weaker only strength 2, maybe gsp/a just to spice things up...

Gnomes
0-6 5/2/3/8 stunty, block, right stuff GSP/A 60k

I kinda see this team going the way of C. dwarves 0-6 Gnomes, 0-16 standard weak automatons, 0-2 beefy automatons.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

I'm okay with S and P, but G is not likely to happen I think. Dauntless on a Stunty is powerful, and Engineers don't play the game well.

bouncergriim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by bouncergriim »

that works for me the SP would be an interesting combo on a stunty. I like the block to keep him from dying without dodge and cannot be canceled.

Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

i think the engineers should be somewhat sturdy also, as you only have 4 so the shouldn't leave the field that easy (imo). Therefore I voted for the dwarf engineer. I see no reason why he shouldn't have ma 6 either, he has to help out the really stupid players and carry the ball around it would be hell having a ma 5 player doing this...If all machines is going to have really stupid i think this would be even more important. Another idea could be having the "big guy" machines have wild animal, making them hard to move if theyr'e not offensive but able to still help out the really stupid players if placed correctly when able to move ...
The only problem i see with this team atm, is that it very much could end up looking like a very bad version of the dwarf team, which should of also be avoided. So the machines should in some aspect excel a bit in what they do but be unreliable...

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
tzoscey
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tzoscey »

i like the idea of a non dodge stunty xD

0-16 Human Workers 6/3/3/8 Fend G/ SAP 60k
0-4 Gnomes 5/2/3/8 stunty, block, right stuff SP/GA 50k
0-2 Dwarves 4/3/2/9 Block, tackle, GS/AP 70k
0-4 automaton 4/4/2/9 Stand firm, bonehead 80k

and maybe a pair of secret weapons,
0-1 boomer rookie bazooka secret weapon
0-1 chain and ball secret weapon

One Orc, Two Orc , Another injury
Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

Ok, i "might" be repeating myself but:
I personally though that the initial idea about a team where you really have too think about the turn, but where (just as with vampires) if you play the team well, it should be somewhat competent.
Any team idea that does not include a lot of very stupid players somewhat (in my eyes) messes with the beauty of the original idea :D

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

I'm with Tourach, although it wasn't the key part to the team originally, I like the idea of lots of really stupids hanging around.
I can see why dwarfs would be good survivors. Is there anything we could do to make a survivable stunty though?

Also, another idea that I'd like the forum to consider and discuss is perhaps allowing the mechanical units of the Automatons to have access to mutations, to represent the odd tinkering and modifications that might go along with these units.

And here is a crazy idea I won't be including but sound cool for this team.

90 K - Floating Repair Droid 6/1/4/9 Regenerate, Thick Skull, Leadership, No Hands, Leap, Very long Legs, Pro. AP/GSM - Just goes around repairing everything in sight using the leadership ability.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

So, we have a three way tie in what is preferred, with 3 choices having 2 votes each. If we can get a definite preference tonight, I'll take down this Poll, and put in place another. Please keep in mind, that which ever positional is chosen might look a little different from what is shown at this time.
I think the next question is what should the stats of the Automatons be. I'm looking for suggestions.

This is my suggest at this time.

70K -0-16 Automaton 6/4/1/9 - Really Stupid, Stand Firm S/GAPM

I do argue that the Automatons have access to Mutation to represent strange devices that are attached by their coach.
You have to decide, do you get Block on a doubles, or Claws? Tackle or Tentacle or Prehensile tail?

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

So, we have a three way tie in what is preferred, with 3 choices having 2 votes each. If we can get a definite preference tonight, I'll take down this Poll, and put in place another. Please keep in mind, that which ever positional is chosen might look a little different from what is shown at this time.
I think the next question is what should the stats of the Automatons be. I'm looking for suggestions.

This is my suggest at this time.

70K -0-16 Automaton 6/4/1/9 - Really Stupid, Stand Firm S/GAPM

I do argue that the Automatons have access to Mutation to represent strange devices that are attached by their coach.
You have to decide, do you get Block on a doubles, or Claws? Tackle or Tentacle or Prehensile tail?

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

The Builders of the Automatons should be?
0-4 Engineers, Guild of Engineers, 5/3/3/8 Fend, GAP/S 60K 25% [ 2 ]
0-4 Gnomes 5/2/3/8 Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff, AP/GS 60K 38% [ 3 ] x
0-4 Dwarf Engineers 5/3/3/8 Sure Hands, Thick Skull, 70K 25% [ 2 ]
0-4 Goblin Machinist 6/2/3/7 Dodge, Right Stuff, Dodge, Sure Hands, AP/GS 60K 0% [ 0 ]
Other crazy builder 13% [ 1 ]
You may select 1 option

Total votes : 8

End result of the Poll. New Poll will be coming shortly on the Number of Non Really Stupid Players on the Pitch.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

4 Gnomes are the winners. Thanks to everyone for voting.

On a side note, I have been shown this website. It made me rethink a few things. We'll continue with the community building project, but I'll post this new idea, and I'd love responses.

Gnomes

0-16 Gnomes – 5/1/3/5 – Dodge, Stunty, Block, Titchy- A/GSP - 30K
0-6 Automatons – 4/5/1/10 Mighty Blow, Really Stupid, Thick Skull, - S/GSPM - 120
Rerolls – 50k

Gnomes

0-16 Gnomes – 5/1/3/5 – Dodge, Stunty, Block, Titchy, Right Stuff -A/GSP - 40K
0-2 Guardian Automatons – 4/5/1/9 Really Stupid, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Thick Skull - S/GSPM - 110K
0-2 Blitzer Automatons – 5/5/1/8 Really Stupid, Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Thick Skull - S/GSPM -120K
0-2 Thrower Automatons - 3/5/2/8 Really Stupid, Mighty Blow, Throw Team Mate, Pass, Accurate S/GSPM - 110K

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

4 Gnomes are the winners. Thanks to everyone for voting.

On a side note, I have been shown this website. It made me rethink a few things. We'll continue with the community building project, but I'll post this new idea, and I'd love responses.

Gnomes

0-16 Gnomes – 5/1/3/5 – Dodge, Stunty, Block, Titchy- A/GSP - 30K
0-6 Automatons – 4/5/1/10 Mighty Blow, Really Stupid, Thick Skull, - S/GSPM - 120
Rerolls – 50k

Gnomes

0-16 Gnomes – 5/1/3/5 – Dodge, Stunty, Block, Titchy, Right Stuff -A/GSP - 40K
0-2 Guardian Automatons – 4/5/1/9 Really Stupid, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Thick Skull - S/GSPM - 110K
0-2 Blitzer Automatons – 5/5/1/8 Really Stupid, Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Thick Skull - S/GSPM -120K
0-2 Thrower Automatons - 3/5/2/8 Really Stupid, Mighty Blow, Throw Team Mate, Pass, Accurate S/GSPM - 110K

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Double Post