Improving Dump Off

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

OdoGoodgrubb
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Improving Dump Off

Post by OdoGoodgrubb »

A thought occurred to me last night, and it's probably been brought up before, but here goes:

Why not add to Dump Off so that it also allows a team to make one Quick Pass in their own turn that does not count as a Pass Action? So in that case a team could pick up the ball, and then move it using one each of Hand Off, Dump Off, and Pass. Could quite be too much for Agility teams, I know, but would really help some teams like Halflings or Goblins.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Improving Dump Off

Post by Darkson »

Bad idea imo. Elves would love it (Darks especially), and the teams you'd like to help ('Flings, gobbos) have better things to spend doubles on.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Ulthuan_Express
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ulthuan_Express »

As if 'Run, Hand-off, Run, Pass, Run, Score' wasn't enough, you want to add another set to make it 'Run, Hand-off, Run, Pass, Run (Quick) Pass, Run, Score'? That's 24 squares on it's own (for MA6) without even accounting for passing squares.

@sibrady on Twitter. Everywhere else I'm Starblayde.
Commish of the PWCBBL in Burton, UK. Also visit my Blog, for all things geeky, including Blood Bowl.
Teams: Dead and Gooners (Undead) • The Hart Perversion (Chaos Pact)
OdoGoodgrubb
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by OdoGoodgrubb »

Yeah, you guys are right. Do you think the skill is okay as is? It doesn't seem to be very popular with most coaches, but I guess that's because it has limited use (which is not a bad thing).

Ulthuan_Express
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ulthuan_Express »

Dump Off gives you a nice, almost Rugby, style of playing by inviting the hit and then off-loading it. With Nerves of Steel it's a goldmine.

@sibrady on Twitter. Everywhere else I'm Starblayde.
Commish of the PWCBBL in Burton, UK. Also visit my Blog, for all things geeky, including Blood Bowl.
Teams: Dead and Gooners (Undead) • The Hart Perversion (Chaos Pact)
Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

Dump Off is Freaking Awesome for Ag 4 teams. Not so good for ag 3 but add nerves of steel and you're onto a winner. Dark Elves are now my favourite elf team.

Akalabeth
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Akalabeth »

Dump off doesn't need any improvements. When the rules stipulate that you can only make one blitz action per turn, a successful dump off ensures they CANNOT get the ball. All they can do is hope to get you next turn, or hope you screw up your dodges and so forth

TalonBay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by TalonBay »

Dark elfs are very good with this skill as standard, they are very hard to turn over. It's fine just the way it is, not an automatic choice but a nice benefit if you do (plus can lead to a different playing style).

The Daventry League: Pitchblack Stealers http://www.level10.org/BloodBowl/index.php?section=main
Proud Owner of the TFF Minisorca Vikings Legacy 2011 viewtopic.php?f=25&t=36011
Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

I have a DO fling in Fummble. He allways keeps near my Ag 5/DC fling.

plan?

make sure he is only in one TZ when blitzed, pass (often failed pass), Get it with Ag5 DC!

Allways a nice play to see.

If he ever get doubles it's NoS just fro the heck of it!