This one is for Galak.

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Re: This one is for Galak.

Post by mattgslater »

tchatter wrote:I don't mind the SW = automatic ejection so much. I liked the old rules better, but I can live with the change. However, there does need to be a slight tweak to Secret Weapon players: "Players with Secret Weapons do not have to setup for a drive, even if this would leave the team with less than 11 players on the pitch."

Having your opponent score on turn 7 of the first half (and you only had your bomber on the pitch), and you find yourself having to setup your Fanatic and Looney for 1 or 2 turns. SUCKS. Now you get to enter the 2nd half way undermanned and all your weapons are gone.

That is the part where the new rule really HURTS.
Yes, but it's the fun part. Can you force your opponent to field his SW on a wasted turn?

Reason: ''
What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

mattgslater wrote:
tchatter wrote:I don't mind the SW = automatic ejection so much. I liked the old rules better, but I can live with the change. However, there does need to be a slight tweak to Secret Weapon players: "Players with Secret Weapons do not have to setup for a drive, even if this would leave the team with less than 11 players on the pitch."

Having your opponent score on turn 7 of the first half (and you only had your bomber on the pitch), and you find yourself having to setup your Fanatic and Looney for 1 or 2 turns. SUCKS. Now you get to enter the 2nd half way undermanned and all your weapons are gone.

That is the part where the new rule really HURTS.
Yes, but it's the fun part. Can you force your opponent to field his SW on a wasted turn?
I guess we have a different idea of what fun is.

Wouldn't it be more fun if the Fanatic and Looney were on the pitch for more than 1 turn? I don't think it would be much fun for the Goblin coach to field 10 players for his turn 8, then on turn 1 of the 2nd half he can only field 8 players because his SW's are gone. How is that fun for either coach? (Unless you are a coach that enjoys clearing the pitch and just steam rolling your opponent).

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

tchatter wrote:I guess we have a different idea of what fun is.

Wouldn't it be more fun if the Fanatic and Looney were on the pitch for more than 1 turn? I don't think it would be much fun for the Goblin coach to field 10 players for his turn 8, then on turn 1 of the 2nd half he can only field 8 players because his SW's are gone. How is that fun for either coach? (Unless you are a coach that enjoys clearing the pitch and just steam rolling your opponent).
Preventing your opponent from doing that to you is the fun part.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.