Cults of Doom (that want to play blood bowl)

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Cults of Doom (that want to play blood bowl)

Post by legowarrior »

Inspired by the Three Die Block Competition, 4 Horsemen of the Threedieblockalypse, I've put together a few teams, each representing a cult that is trying to bring about the end of the universe its own particular way. There is nothing clearly thought out about any of these teams! They are not balanced and some of them make no sense. The players are all ripped from other teams, and nothing creative has been done to them. So, take that as a warning. Comments are welcome, as is pity to the poor fool who took the time to think (but not clearly) out these teams of pure trash.

Thanks for your time. Enjoy.

The first team presented is the Cult dedicated to the Horsemen of War. Players for the cult of war generally come from teams that endorse violence, such as Bashy teams. In this example the team is a mishmash of Norse and Chaos (Orcs don't form cults, they form Waaaaghs, big difference). So, hoping to drown the world in war and conquest, I present the Cult of War.

Code: Select all

0-16  Beastmen        60K   6   3   3   8   Horns                 GS/APM
0-2  Norse Runners    90K   7   3   3   7   Block, Dauntless      GA/SPM
0-4  Norse Berserkers 90K   6   3   3   7   Block, Frenzy, Jump Up GS/APM
0-2  Chaos Warriors   100K  5   4   3   9                          GS/APM   
Rerolls - 60K

The Cult of Pestilence has a lot to do with Nurgle, but is not always one and the same. This cult draws players from the Nurgle team, but also from the Skaven Team. An odd mix of players, they both are trying to end the world in disease.

0-16 Rotters          40K   5   3   3   8   Decay, Nurgle's Rot      GM/AP
0-2  Skaven Throwers  70K   7   3   3   7   Pass, Sure Hands         GPM/AS  
0-4  Gutter Runners   80K   9   2   4   7   Dodge                    GAM/SP
0-2  Nurgle Warriors  110K  4   4   2   9   Disturbing Presence, Foul Appearance, Nurgle's Rot, Regenerate    GSM/AP   
Rerolls 60K

Cult of Death is made of members that for the most part embrace the undeath to avoid dying. Bring death to others is the just a hobby. Made up of Members of the Undead team and the Vampire team.

0-16  Zombies        40K   6   3   2   8   Regenerate                 G/SAP
0-16  Thralls        50K   6   3   3   7                              G/ASP
0-6   Wights         90K   6   3   3   8   Block, Regenerate          GS/AP
0-2   Vampires       110K  6   4   4   8   Blood Lust, Hypnotic Gaze, Regenerate        GAS/P   
Rerolls 70K

Finally, Famine. You wants to suffer from starvation? Very few people want to suffer from it, but many species put a special emphasis on food, and believe by worshiping the lord of famine, they won't suffer from it themselves. The team draws from many different races and groups. Halflings who have suffered without a meal are drawn strongest. Ghouls are will to eat anything, believe they will survive the longest after all others are dead, and placed with the Halflings are both Ogres and Trolls, species that have a pretty strong digestive track.

I present the Cult of Famine.

0-16  Halfling  30K   5   2   3   7   Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty   A/GSPM 
0-6   Ghouls    70K   7   3   3   7   Dodge      GA/SPM
0-1   Troll    110K   4   5   1   9   Loner, Always Hungry, Really Stupid, Mighty Blow, Regeneration, Throw Team Mate    S/GAPM
0-1    Ogre    140K  5   5   2   9   Loner, Bone-Head, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Throw Team Mate                       S/GAPM   
Reroll 70K

I'm tired, and no one will read this all the way through anyway.

Reason: ''
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Re: Cults of Doom (that want to play blood bowl)

Post by inkpwn »

Can I play cult of death XD
6 wights and 2 vamps? Sign me up.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Like I mention, these teams are ill thought out, and have no merit. Keeping that in mind, perhaps 4 Wights might be better than 6 I guess. But what makes 6 Wights overpowered? Is it the block they have?

tzoscey
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tzoscey »

why do you put cripped vampires with agi 3 ? :roll:

One Orc, Two Orc , Another injury
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Changed that.

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

legowarrior wrote:Like I mention, these teams are ill thought out, and have no merit. Keeping that in mind, perhaps 4 Wights might be better than 6 I guess. But what makes 6 Wights overpowered? Is it the block they have?

Well starting with Block is great. But what makes them so good is they have access to S skills and already start with block.

Those rosters are all insanely powerful. I think they would destroy the universe with ease if winning bloodbowl games can cause that :)

The Cult of Pestilence - Get rid of the throwers and give them a beast for extra fun :D

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Well, Dwarfs have a tons of players with both block and S access, so I don't think the combination of the two is going to game killing, but I might reduce the number of Wights to 4, and do the same for the Ghouls on the Famine Team.

As to adding the beast of Nurgle.... It would seem that if we took out the throwers and replaced them with the Beast, we might as well play the Nurgle team. So, I am against that idea. Don't get me wrong the Beast is awesome, but it is also Iconic. I want to promote a different and new playing experience. I think the lack of fast lines men, and the addition of the two warriors makes the experience something different to play.