Savage Orcs

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Savage Orcs

Post by legowarrior »

Why are the runnings so slow?

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

My bigger question was why matt totally ignored my post. ;-)

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

You had a crazy number of teams back then....

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

GalakStarscraper wrote:My bigger question was why matt totally ignored my post. ;-)

Tom
I didn't ignore your post, Tom. I accounted for it by leaving the option to take a lot less Frenzy. I see how the linos could be only worth 50k. I wouldn't take many, FWIW: Troll, 4 Blitzers, 2 Runners, 2 Linos, 2 Goblins, 3 RRs. Stunty and Frenzy on the same team sounds fun.

As for why so slow on the Runners, it's a value thing, to keep the team's costs down. You're going to need both if you don't want to have to Frenzy on almost every block.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
narg
Veteran
Veteran

Post by narg »

GalakStarscraper wrote: In the MBBL2, Savage Orc teams have played a total of 142 games. Overall record was 74 wins - 66 losses - 2 ties for a 52.82% win rate. Definitely not something that screams overpowered.

I never found this team to have any of the problems that needed adjusting being discussed on this thread.
Fair enough. I only played about four or five games against them and they looked overpowered - especially the blitzers - but it may also be due to my opponent being good, or him having a +MA, +ST blitzer, and then maybe a bit of bad luck on dice rolls. Good to know that on 142 games they seem to have a normal winning rate.
GalakStarscraper wrote: The MBBL2 league lasted for many years and tested out a lot of different wild rosters ... I guess many of the newer players never saw. Here were all the rosters that were legal in the MBBL2 ... note the league used LRB 3.0 rules so some of the skills and prices may look out of date especially on Big Guys.
I didn't know that so many teams had been tested. Just out of curiosity, why were they rejected? For example I've got a pro-elf team and I like it but I think that the roster isn't that different from the high elf roster, so why were the pro-elves kept and not the savage orcs or the wee folk for example?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

narg wrote:I didn't know that so many teams had been tested. Just out of curiosity, why were they rejected? For example I've got a pro-elf team and I like it but I think that the roster isn't that different from the high elf roster, so why were the pro-elves kept and not the savage orcs or the wee folk for example?
The Pro Elf team was supposed to completely replace the High Elf team in BB. An uprising by the natives saved the High Elf team. Same story for the Undead team supposed to have been deleted from the game and replaced with Necro and Khemri.

A lot of those teams have no footholds with GW's storyline.

The 3 new teams (Slann, Underworld, Chaos Pact) we did get Jervis and the BBRC to sign off on have heavy history in the BB storyline through 1st, 2nd and 3rd edition and so could make it in.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Mango
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mango »

GalakStarscraper wrote:A lot of those teams have no footholds with GW's storyline.
Yeah Undead was really killed when GW went to Khemri/Vamp counts wasnt it, I remember the big block of the then useless metal mummies I used to have for the old old undead :)

graeme27uk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by graeme27uk »

Ahh.... so if we can find some fluff for there being a team of nimble chaotic mutant ogres then we can fluff in a team?

Does BB HAVE to follow GW Fantasy? If so then can I have Nagash on my Necro team please?