Imperial Genestealer Cults

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Imperial Genestealer Cults

Post by mattgslater »

Okay, I got this limo...

0-16 Cultist: 5/3/3/7 GM 40k
0-4 Acolyte: 6/3/3/8 GMPS 50k
0-2 Neophyte: 5/4/2/9 GMS 90k
0-2 Genestealer: 7/4/2/8 Claw, Frenzy, Wild Animal AS 100k
0-1 Patriarch: 4/5/1/10 MS 130k
TRR 70k

Reason: ''
What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Imperial Genestealer Cults

Post by MKL »

It was around WD 115, it's not? It was an interesting army list with a great background, even if that limo always struck me as odd :)

The skill access SA for the 'Stealer is intriguing: easy access to combo like BreakTackle-Dodge, just to make an example. And there is a lot of P access.

What's your idea about their playstyle?

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I figured they'd be a new take on a Power Five team. Like Nurgle and Chaos, they lack for skills. They have mobile big players, but their little guys are really lacking.

Acolytes = Marauders. That's why all the P access.

Yes, Dodge/BT Genestealers were intentional. Note the ST4/WA; that's a wicked limitation.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

This is the best team of that ilk I have seen -
0-1 Hive Queen - 1 6 1 10 - Loner, Block, Dodge, Stand Firm Juggerrnaught, Grab, Frenzy, Claw, Mighty Blow, Piling On, Multiple Block, Tentacles, Disturbing Presence, Foul Appearance, TakeRoot, Thick Skull, Spawn, Acid Blood, No Hands, Regeneration - 500k
0-9 Eggs - 1 1 1 3 - Bonehead, Hatch, No Hands - 40k
0-8 FaceHuggers - 10 2 1 5 - Really Stupid, Parasite, Stunty, No Hands - 150k
0-8 GeneStealers - 7 4 4 7 - Wild Animal, Frenzy, Claw, Mighty Blow, Piling On, Acid Blood, Infect/RaiseDead OFAB No Hands - 250k
0-5 Infected Body - 1 3 1 6 - Really Stupid, Disturbing Presence, Foul Appearance, Chest Erupt, No Hands - 150k
0-1 Ripley - 8 3 3 8 - Block, Dodge, SideStep, Sure Hands, Iron Woman - 140k

Rerolls = 100k
Wizards = No
Apoths = Yes (Ripley Only)

Some of you will have noticed some new skills
Spawn - the Hive Queen may choose to Spawn instead of using a blitz action producing 1 prone Egg adjacent to Hive Queen, Prone Eggs must roll a 3 to stand up, like a treeman.

Hatch - If an opposing player is adjacent to an Egg at any time (even in opponents turn) an Egg may choose to Hatch, 1D6 is rolled with no modifiers on a 4+ Egg Hatches producing 1 prone FaceHugger adjacent to Egg, 1-3 and Hatch fails. An hatching egg must roll on the armour and injury table. A player with the Hatch skill may only be fielded if a Hive Queen is also fielded.

Parasite - simular to Stab a FaceHugger may choose to become a Parasite on an opponent, while following all Stab rules, if the opposing player is removed from the pitch the FaceHugger is replaced with a stunned Genestealer. There is no limit to the number of GeneStealers that can be added in this way as long as the team has enough empty positional slots

When a GeneStealer permanently kills an opponent in any way (including fouls and failed dodges) the dead player may be added to the team sheet as an Infected Body, there is no limit to the number of Infected Bodys that may be added to a team in one game as long as the team has enough empty positional slots. GeneStealers must also roll for OFAB and following all OFAB rolls where Ripley is the only player that can be bitten.

Acid Blood - When a player with Acid Blood is Cas'd (Badly Hurt or worse) the player who caused the Cas must roll armour and injury rolls to simulate the possibility of getting covered in acid blood

Chest Erupt - Each turn a player with this skill may roll 1D6, on a roll of 6 a GeneStealer erupts and the infected body is replaced with a prone GeneStealer.

Iron Woman - Ripley has the Iron Man skill when confronted with GeneStealers (either on opponents side or on failed OFAB rolls)

Hopefully if my maths works the only legal starting team is 1x Hive Queen, 1x Ripley and 9x Eggs, this team really relies on Ripley as the ballcarrier as she's the only player with hands, obviously.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Dealbreaker I: I hate custom skills. If I ever suggest a custom skill, it'll be just one, and it'll have to be really, really cool.
Dealbreaker II: A 500k player? No.
Dealbreaker III: Those guys are grotesquely overdescribed.

Are these Tyranids or Aliens? I mean, it's all the same basic idea and Giger look, but let's leave off the particulars of Alien.

That post does bring up the question of Stars. A "Ripley" style Star would be fun, but I guess that's what Zara is for. Then Morg, of course, leaving four more. Helmut, a scary non-GS Nid for a big guy or SW, A star Stealer or Neophyte, and a stupid Acolyte (either a passer or a coverage guy).

Scary non-GS Nid Star ideas (just one):
Carnifex: 4/7/1/10 Loner, Claw, MB, RStupid, SF
Lictor: 6/5/3/8 Loner, Leap, VLL, Claw, MB
Ripper Swarm: 5/6/3/7 Loner, B&C, Claw, DPres, FA, SW

Stupid Acolyte and Neophyte pairings
I
Acolyte: 7/3/3/8 Loner, XA, Acc, Block, Pass, (SA or some mutation for secondary function, like Claw or FA)
Neophyte: 5/4/2/9 Pass Block, Block, Break Tackle, Tackle, Guard, SF
II
Acolyte: 6/3/3/9 Loner, Pass Block, 2H, PTail, Wrestle
Neophyte: 5/4/3/9 Block, Extra Arms, Big Hand, SF.

Star Stealer in lieu of Neophyte
8/4/2/8 Loner, Frenzy, Claw, WA, BT, Juggernaut, Tackle, MB

garion

Post by garion »

I know, thats is all true. But it looks fun to me regardless of the deal breakers.

Also the team isn't mine, its Ken this who made it I believe. I think it would be funny to have in a league though. just for laughs.