Brand new Poll for Araby

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Which Skill best represent the Araby, (Like Block for the Norse or Dodge for the Amazons

Frenzy
10%
Fend
5%
Shadowing
25%
Jump Up
15%
Side Step
10%
Sure Feet
5%
Nerves of Steel
10%
None of the above
20%

Total votes: 20

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Brand new Poll for Araby

Post by legowarrior »

mattgslater wrote:Thrower, Assassin, and Catcher are too expensive (formulas be damned; two B skills and an access category isn't worth 40k on a rat template), Djinn is too cheap. I'd give the Thrower another B skill, replace Catch on the Catcher with something better or else cut the price to 80k, do the same with the Assassin, either adding Shadowing or cutting the cost to 80k, and bump the Djinn up to compare to a BC at 130k. Given the lame-o linos, I'd say 130k would be a minimum, and the true comparison really says 140k to me.

I have to appreciate the enthusiasm behind that remark.

I can't help but come back to Agility 4 players though. Okay, here is something completely off the wall.
0-16 Lineman 6/3/3/7 Jump Up G 50k
0-2 Thrower 6/3/3/7 Jump Up, Pass GP 70k
0-2 Assassin 7/3/3/7 Jump Up, Stab GA 90k
0-2 Blitzers 7/3/3/7 Jump Up, Block GS 90k
0-2 Djinn 6/3/4/8 Leap, Regenerate GA/SP 110k
0-1 Ifrit 5/5/2/8 Loner, Mighty Blow, Regenerate, Frenzy, Wild Animal S 150k

The Djinn in this case are awesome, but aren't super strong. They are weaker djinn, just like werewolves only have strength 3 on the necromantic team.

What I like about Jump Up is that it is generally a useful skill that benefits all players to some degree and it encourages the one aspect that I think is key to the Araby, mobility. Getting knocked down means not losing your entire movement. Djinn seem to be great ball carriers, but are limited by a movement of 6. On the other hand, they can fly, well have very long legs and leap. Maybe I should create an extra ordinary skill for them. I can see them being strength 4, but I think Agility 3 is more interesting.

Reason: ''
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

mattgslater wrote:Thrower, Assassin, and Catcher are too expensive (formulas be damned; two B skills and an access category isn't worth 40k on a rat template), Djinn is too cheap. I'd give the Thrower another B skill, replace Catch on the Catcher with something better or else cut the price to 80k, do the same with the Assassin, either adding Shadowing or cutting the cost to 80k, and bump the Djinn up to compare to a BC at 130k. Given the lame-o linos, I'd say 130k would be a minimum, and the true comparison really says 140k to me. Could take Nerves off.

Djinni are supposed to be really big and really smart. That's why I gave them GAS access. You could make them AG2, at a cost that compares to a Were, probably at 110k or 120k. Then the leap is a 4+. Or you could do AG2, and replace Leap and VLL with BT. 6/4/2/8 BT/NOS GS is a wicked piece, to be sure, well worth 120k, if an Ulf is worth 110k.

Ooh... 6/4/3/8 GAPS 110k, kind of like a CW. There's another option.

Ifrit is better than Yhetee, no? I guess he can't get ClawMB. But he's AG2 with Nerves, so he's easier to skill than any other WA big guy. That's got to be worth something. Yeah, I guess 140k is about right.
How to best describe the floating ability of the Djinn. I see them as fast moving, but not maybe not flying. Perhaps instead of Leap and Very Long Legs, we give them Sure Feet?
Djinn - 7/3/3/8 Dauntless, Sure Feet, Thick Skull -
Sure Feet because they float, Thick Skull, because I they are tough and Dauntless to represent the ability to hit anyone.... Dang, this is tough.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Are you opposed to boutique anti-skills? Perhaps a Djinn can be a Vamp knockoff? AG4 Djinn makes a lot of sense, but ST4/AG4 needs an anti-skill. Djinni could be ST4 or ST5, but ST3 is a stretch. Seen those Reaper models?

6/4/4/8 Leap, Regen, anti-skill, GAS something like that? For an anti-skill, maybe something to represent instability? Hey... whenever he suffers a KO or Cas, he's unable to return to the pitch, even if he Regens. That more than cancels out Regen, not as bad as Bloodlust, but significant. Leap ~ Gaze, and the team is much better otherwise, so 130k? Or is it flatly too good?

As a BC variant: 6/4/3/8 Regeneration, Sure Feet GS 130k sound good?
Ooh...
6/4/3/8 Sure Feet, Thick Skull, GA 130k

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

I guess you are right, Djinn needs to be strength 4. I'm not willing to make them Vampire Knock Offs.

Weird to have Agility Access on a strength 4 piece. It certainly would be unique. Dodge and side step, but no Mighty Blow or Guard?
I can kind of see it. What do you think about Agility 4 Dervishes, and make the Djinn our big guy, or no Djinn at all, and we keep the Ifreet as our big guy?

I think we should lay that aside for now though and move on to the positionals.
We can agree to 4 positions plus the big guy, so here is my thinking.

Thrower 6/3/3/7 Nerves of Steel, Pass
Assassin 7/3/3/7 Dodge, Stab
Blitzer 6/3/3/7 Nerves of Steel, Block, (Guard or Stand Firm or Side Step, or some other great skill)
Agility Based 4th Position (Dervishes or something)

or

Thrower 6/3/3/7 Nerves of Steel, Pass
Catcher 7/3/3/7 Nerves of Steel, Diving Catch
Assassin 6/3/3/7 Dodge, Stab, Side step
Strength Based 4th Position (Djinn or something)

(You really think the team will work with Nerves of Steel?)

Edit: Changed a lot of things. Meant to quote but instead I edited. Sorry.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

So, changed Dodge to Sure Hands on the Runners, and gave Blitzers higher armor at the cost of Movement and gave Ifreets Animosity, because that just fits (they are not happy being forced to play blood bowl). Then I have two options for Djinn; one Strong, the other agile (not all djinn are super muscle guys, remember the Genie of the Ring was rather small). Shadowing is a rather weak skill, and to make up for it, you have a lot of Agility or Strength access on the team, and Runners have Agility and Pass, so they are flexible.

0-16 Linesmen 6/3/3/7 Shadowing - G - 50K
0-2 Assassin 6/3/3/7 Shadowing, Stab - GA - 70K
0-2 Runner 8/2/3/7 Nerves of Steel, Sure Hands - GAP - 70K
0-2 Blitzer 6/3/3/8 Shadowing, Block - GS - 90K

0-1 Ifreet 5/5/2/8 Loner, Wild Animal, Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Animosity - S - 130K

Two ideas for Djinn
Strong muscle Guy
0-2 Djinn 6/4/3/8 Sure Feet, - GS -110K

or Fast Agile Guy
0-2 Djinn 7/3/4/8 Leap, Sure Feet, - GA -110K

Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

Those djinni are really good! Powered up Chaos Warrior, trading an av for a move point.

I'd be doing all my carrying with one of those I think. I'd probably take the runners anyway, and treat them like human catchers that can take leader for a cheap RR.

Considering A access and stab is worth 20k (cheap blodge ftw), I'd be taking 2 assassins as well...which leaves only 2 linemen in the team! The rest would either be high strength, or blodge, or mbpotackle!

I think this roster is a lot better than humans, who are already not a bad roster themselves.

It's got a lot of AV 7, but it's also got a lot of early blodge, with 5 S access players, and a fair amount of actual strength on the team.

I honestly think the shadowing has little to no impact on this team. I think you could remove it or change it without actually affecting it that much.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Maybe replace dodge on the runners with surehands or dump off?

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Need to keep it to 9 positionals if the lino skill isn't a power skill. You also want to have 2-4 crappy position players, with another 4 at excellent bargain status.

I think the NOS roster needs some kind of complement, like positioning skills or something.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

0-16 Linesmen 6/3/3/7 Nerves of Stee - G - 50K
0-2 Assassin 6/3/3/7 Shadowing, Stab - GA - 70K
0-2 Runner 8/2/3/7 Nerves of Steel, Sure Hands - GAP - 70K
0-2 Blitzer 6/3/3/8 Nerves of Steel, Block - GS - 90K
0-2 Djinn 6/4/3/8 Sure Feet, - GS -110K
0-1 Ifreet 5/5/2/8 Loner, Wild Animal, Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Animosity - S - 130K

????

I'm sick of the Fumbbl forum. There are too many trolls.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

legowarrior wrote:I'm sick of the Fumbbl forum. There are too many trolls.
Well-put.

I think there's something we're missing on the NOS roster, and I know what it is....

0-16 Lineman 6/3/3/7 Nerves of Steel GP/AS 50k
0-2 Urchin 7/2/3/7 Dodge, Nerves of Steel, Stunty A/GPS 60k
0-2 Dervish 6/3/3/7 Dauntless, Frenzy, Wrestle GS/AP 90k
0-2 Blitzer 7/3/3/8 Block, Nerves of Steel GS/AP 90k
0-2 Djinn 6/4/2/8 Break Tackle GA/PS 120k
0-1 Ifrit 5/5/2/8 Loner, Wild Animal, Disturbing Presence (he's on fire), Frenzy, Mighty Blow 140k
60k TRR

Stars: Morg, Zara, an Assassin (Lino w/+MA, Stab, Shadowing, and some other skill), a stud Blitzer (~250k), a stud Djinn (~300-350k), ... a bomber!

Wild Animal + Animosity = Redundant.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

I'm not sure about the stunty, but I'd definately replace wrestle on the Dervish with +1 movement.

TalonBay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by TalonBay »

I really don't get the NOS spammed across the team, it doesn't really give them any flavour because it's a skill that's used so infrequently.

SideStep would be interesting, Jump-up would give them a distinct high mobility in a rough-and-tumble kind of way, Fend would give them their own style too and make them quite hard to break through.

The urchin moves about 2 too fast IMO but other than that he's an interesting addition to a human based team.

I like the Dervish as he his with dauntless/frenzy/wrestle.

The Daventry League: Pitchblack Stealers http://www.level10.org/BloodBowl/index.php?section=main
Proud Owner of the TFF Minisorca Vikings Legacy 2011 viewtopic.php?f=25&t=36011
dsavillian
Veteran
Veteran

Re: A proposed Araby Team Roster

Post by dsavillian »

dode74 wrote:Dodge at MA7 is excellent. His above average MA means the skill has a very good chance of being used successfully.
[offtopic]
conversely, this shows that a treeman with shadowing is a terrrrrrrible idea.

nice chart :) I don't know why I hadn't thought to do one of these up for myself!
[/offtopic]

Coach of the Fancy Lads
Blood Bowl League of Calgary
http://twitter.com/bloodbowlcgy
@dsavillian on twitter

It's called Blood Bowl, not Fun Bowl
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Obviously I meant to start that post with "Shadowing at MA7 is..."

:oops:

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

The team needs assassin.... I don't care what the stats really are, but Assassins are needed, because the real like Arabic states are the birthplace of assassins.