Fimir Team

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Fimir Team

Post by Darkson »

No to Shearl. (I'm going by Classic WFB fluff [seeing as they're a Classic race], not newer retconned fluff*)
No to all-AG1 - the Fimir are not clumsy oafs (this is the problem with AG being a Ball AND moving statline** - I would rather have a Extraordinary skill added to affect ball carrying than make the whole team AG1)
No to Cyclops - not fluffy, and if you're ignoring the fluff, why bother?

* - Hence why I petitioned and got Black Dwarfs added to the MBBL.
** - that's another argument not for this topic.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I didn't realize 1986 counts as "retcon". Otherwise I'm with you. Universal AG1 is broken, and Cyclops is very un-fluffy.

Can you show me something older than WFRP1 that indicates Shearl wouldn't be found in Fimir raiding parties?

Oh, and how can you be serious about fluff details in Blood Bowl? I mean, let's not overlook the implausibility of these different races all setting up for a friendly (or even unfriendly!) football game!

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

mattgslater wrote: Oh, and how can you be serious about fluff details in Blood Bowl? I mean, let's not overlook the implausibility of these different races all setting up for a friendly (or even unfriendly!) football game!
Hey don't forget space frogs :D

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

mattgslater wrote:Can you show me something older than WFRP1 that indicates Shearl wouldn't be found in Fimir raiding parties?
The original WFB Armies book in 1984 (2nd edition WFB). Fimir out of WFB in 3rd edition (1987), which was the same year WFRP was released.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

mattgslater wrote:...Oh, and how can you be serious about fluff details in Blood Bowl? I mean, let's not overlook the implausibility of these different races all setting up for a friendly (or even unfriendly!) football game!
The sponsors and financiers require peace and good stadiums for Blood Bowl. Don't give us that 'world in constant conflict' nonsense.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Darkson wrote:
mattgslater wrote:Can you show me something older than WFRP1 that indicates Shearl wouldn't be found in Fimir raiding parties?
The original WFB Armies book in 1984 (2nd edition WFB). Fimir out of WFB in 3rd edition (1987), which was the same year WFRP was released.
Quote, please. Because my quote very clearly indicates that they would be found in raiding parties, and is older than most current WFB players, and almost as old as WFB itself. Got one to the contrary?

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.