Fimir Team

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Re: Fimir Team

Post by plasmoid »

I hate homemade skills on new teams. Complete turn-off for me.
MBBL2 seems to have died, so maybe I'm not the only one.

A guy with one eye has no depth perception. I think that wouldn't just mess up your passing, but also your catching and trying to avoid getting tackled.
So why not just amke them AG1?

Cheers
Martin

Reason: ''
Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

Yeah it could be a good idea really, make the whole team Ag1, give them more 6 St4 players the rest st3 and give them a big guy a Cyclopse would be nice because of the one eye theme. Although they probably dont fit into Fimir fluff to well, but that doesnt bother me really.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

plasmoid wrote:I hate homemade skills on new teams. Complete turn-off for me.
I think one homemade Extraordinary Ability per team is okay, so long as it's relatively simple and limited in scope, especially if it's an anti-thing.
A guy with one eye has no depth perception. I think that wouldn't just mess up your passing, but also your catching and trying to avoid getting tackled. So why not just amke them AG1?
1) An all-AG1 team would be nigh-impossible to balance.
2) That aside, this is basically a good idea.
3) I already proposed something like it, FWIW:
mattgslater wrote:0-16 Shearl 6/3/1/8 Break Tackle, Prehensile Tail GS 50k
0-2 Runner 7/3/2/8 Break Tackle, Prehensile Tail, Sure Hands GP 80k
0-2 Dirach 6/3/2/9 Break Tackle, Disturbing Presence, Pass Block, Prehensile Tail GAP 90k
0-4 Warrior 5/4/1/9 Break Tackle, Prehensile Tail GS 100k
0-1 Noble 5/4/1/9 Break Tackle, Claw, Prehensile Tail GS 130k
TRR 60k
Still needs work....

0-16 Shearl 5/3/2/8 Prehensile Tail, Thick Skull G 40k
0-4 Fimm Warrior 4/4/2/9 Prehensile Tail, Thick Skull GS 90k
0-2 Dirach 6/3/3/8 Disturbing Presence, Prehensile Tail, Sure Hands, Thick Skull GP 110k
0-2 Fimm Noble 5/4/2/9 Claw, Prehensile Tail, Thick Skull GS 130k
TRR 70k

6x ST4, with almost the Khemri downside.

Starting roster:
4x Warrior, 2x Dirach, 5x Shearl, 3x TRR, 10k bank
1x Noble, 4x Warrior, 6x Shearl, 3x TRR, Apothecary, 10k bank

Could break the Dirach and Runner back out....

0-16 Shearl 5/3/2/8 Prehensile Tail, Thick Skull G 40k
0-2 Runner 6/3/2/8 Break Tackle, Prehensile Tail, Sure Hands, Thick Skull GA 80k
0-2 Dirach 6/3/3/8 Disturbing Presence, Prehensile Tail, Thick Skull GP 90k
0-4 Fimm Warrior 4/4/2/9 Prehensile Tail, Thick Skull GS 90k
0-2 Fimm Noble 5/4/2/9 Claw, Prehensile Tail, Thick Skull GS 130k
TRR 70k

Then the starting roster would look like this: 2x Noble, 4x Warrior, 1x Runner or Dirach, 4x Shearl, 3x TRR. Much more powerful out the gate.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
garion

Post by garion »

I like the idea of having an ag1 team -

0-12 Fimm Warrior 50,000 5 3 1 8 Thick Skull, Prehensile Tail, - G, S,
0-4 Fimm Finmor 120,000 5 4 1 9 Thick Skull, Prehensile Tail, Cleaver Tipped Tail (Treat as Claw) - G, S,
1 Cyclops 150,000 6 5 1 9 Might Blow, Horn, Surehands, Thick Skull, Really Stupid -S
RR 60k

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

If you wanted to go all AG1, then I think a sure hands positional would make them (remotely) playable 'out-of-the-box' rather than after 5 games.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

An all-AG1 team should totally dominate scrums. Otherwise, it'll be unplayable.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Nikolai II
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nikolai II »

Sure Hands or Big Hand for 0-2 players would probably make sense.

Or just make "one eye" mean "a pass is never accurate", so they always scatter when passing. Then they could have AG 2 on some players.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

plasmoid wrote:I hate homemade skills on new teams. Complete turn-off for me.

A guy with one eye has no depth perception. I think that wouldn't just mess up your passing, but also your catching and trying to avoid getting tackled.
So why not just amke them AG1?

Cheers
Martin
Agreed, there are plenty of skills and abilities already in the game of BB.

With these and the stats you should be able to represent most things in the game, far too many of the teams in MMBL2 had loads on new special rules that were largely pointless.

One eye can easily be represented by making them all AG1 or 2.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
garion

Post by garion »

Yeah I think 1 Sure Hands player to start off with might be a good idea. So I have gone for the big guy. This would make him pretty valuable and the team would have to keep close to him so he can pass his Really Stupid roll on a 2+ which could be challanging and it would certainly make for a new tactical experience. Obviously it wouldnt be the most reliable player in the world. But a team with 4 claw players in the starting roster will quickly be smashing teams to bits and elves will find the prehensile tail en masse a pain to play against too.

0-12 Fimm Warrior 50,000 5 3 1 8 Thick Skull, Prehensile Tail, - G, S,
0-4 Fimm Finmor 120,000 5 4 1 9 Thick Skull, Prehensile Tail, Cleaver Tipped Tail (Treat as Claw) - G, S,
1 Cyclops 150,000 6 5 1 9 Might Blow, Horn, Surehands, Thick Skull, Really Stupid -S
RR 60k

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

garion wrote:0-12 Fimm Warrior 50,000 5 3 1 8 Thick Skull, Prehensile Tail, - G, S,
RR 60k
Funny, but not playable.

garion

Post by garion »

I think they would be playable, just tough, similar to Ogres in LRB4 before they were ruined, Claw on 4 players to start off with is massive and all the PT is a big advantage too. I'm not saying they would be top tier but I certianly think you would have a better time with these than Ogres.

Starting roster would be

1 Cyclops
4 Fimir Finmor
6 Fimir Warriors
2 RR
1 apo

looks quite scary to me anyway.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Scary, sure. But I'm really not a fan of big-ups-big-downs game balance. It always comes off hinky. Universal AG1 is too big to balance out with anything that isn't game-wrecking. Besides, the last thing we need is another Claw-intensive team.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Throw in a single Ag. 2 guy with Big Hands and Sure Hands, and you have a winner.

garion

Post by garion »

No chance, the team would be too good with a player with Ag2 in there. The big guy has Surehands and that is the point. PT everywhere and claw on 4 players makes the team a very tough team for anyone to play against there down side is obviously ball handling and an unreliable ball carrier.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

garion wrote:No chance, the team would be too good with a player with Ag2 in there. The big guy has Surehands and that is the point. PT everywhere and claw on 4 players makes the team a very tough team for anyone to play against there down side is obviously ball handling and an unreliable ball carrier.
A team that "would be too good" with an AG2 player is inherently unbalanceable. Khemri are way, way out at the outer range of "I can still hit the broadside of Tier 1 from here." Making an all-AG2 team work was a stroke of design genius, and it's still kind of awkward.

Oh, and @ Darkson: evidence for Shearls in BB teams.
WFRP1, p218 wrote:Fimir raiding parties generally consist of a dozen or so Fimm and an equal number of Shearl....