Fimir Team

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Fimir Team

Post by garion »

The Fimir inhabit the wetlands of the world, typically within crudely constructed fortifications resembling nothing more than a pile of rocks. From these locations, the Fimir raid the homes of humans, taking captives for daemonic sacrifices. The Fimir loathe sunlight, and are followed by wreaths of mist to shield them from it, and their homes are always shrouded by it.

The Shearls - the slaves of a Fimir settlement - exist only to work and die

The team

0-8 Fimir
5 5 2 9 - Bone Head, Thick Skull, Mighty Blow, TTM, Prehensile Tail -140k

0-16 Shearls
5 1 3 5 - Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Titchy, Leap,

A Fimir -

Shearls -
cant find the image im looking for but they come with an alternate lizardman team and they are small frog like creatures. not like slann though, they are tiny and look a bit more evil than slann.

I obviously relialise the similarity between these guys and Ogres, but rather than tweek the Ogres just get rid and bring back one of the oldest GW races. They are alot better than Ogres because they could deal with Elves with PT on so many also giving them up to 8 Fimirs would be alot better. Still dont like the stunties mind so would be open to changing them. Feel free to throw ideas at me :)

Reason: ''
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Fimir Team

Post by legowarrior »

If you can't have 8 ogres, why would 8 Fimir be okay?

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

I don't know about you but I would like to keep the race that breeds solely by rape out of my contact sport.

garion

Post by garion »

legowarrior wrote:If you can't have 8 ogres, why would 8 Fimir be okay?
Because Ogres should have at the very least access to 8. They are a joke race now. In LRB4 they could have 16 and they still werent great then. Also they had goblins instead of Snotlings.
inkpwn wrote:I don't know about you but I would like to keep the race that breeds solely by rape out of my contact sport.
Lol, fair enough, but I'm sure all the teams in the BB universe are guilty of atrocities.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Not halflings! THEY ARE PURE!

Okay, I see what you are saying about ogres, but we have to play within some kind of frame work, and that means playing with only 6 big guys in LRB 6.

garion

Post by garion »

I dont think we have to play in some kind of frame work, the whole point of this team was to rid us of the boring Ogre team and have a more interesting team to play with. In our imaginary next version of the game that will never be released ;) This team would still suck, just a lot less than the aweful Ogres :D
6 big guys isnt enough for a team that has bonehead everywhere and no access to G skills except doubles and St1 linemen with no G access.

As I said Lrb4 Ogres were better and they could have a full team of Ogres and goblins were their linemen. But they still werent great.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Leeezaaardmeeen....

Yes, I know they're not Lizardmen, but really, do you need a new template?

I'd rather see a team built around ST3 and ST4, like Chaos but not.

EDITED 8/2 (wee hours 8/3 for you Brits)
0-16 Shearl 5/3/2/9 Prehensile Tail, One Eye G 40k
0-4 Fimm 4/4/2/9 Prehensile Tail, One Eye GS 90k
0-2 Dirach 6/3/3/8 Disturbing Presence, Prehensile Tail, Sure Hands, One Eye GPS 90k
0-2 Fimm Warrior 5/4/2/9 Grab, Prehensile Tail, One Eye GS 120k
TRR 70k

One Eye: Players with one eye have no depth perception. If a player with One Eye successfully passes, catches, intercepts, or picks up the ball, that player's coach must roll 1d6. On a 1-3, the roll is considered a failure; scatter as appropriate for a failed attempt. If an interception attempt fails this way, the ball bounces out of the hands of the would-be interceptor (this is still a turnover...). On a 4+, the attempt succeeds as normal. Add +2 to the One Eye roll for pick up attempts and attempts to catch a handoff.

1M roster
4x Fimm, 2x Warrior, 1x Dirach, 4x Shearl, 2x TRR, 10k bank

3x Fimm, 1x Warrior, 1x Dirach, 6x Shearl, 4x TRR

Yeah, that's pretty wicked... maybe Warriors should cost 130k?

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

I'm with Slater on the Lizardmen comment. I'll take the same stance on this as I do with those Bretonnian lovers.

As a house ruled team I think it has potential and wish you loads of fun play testing it. As a theme for a proxy lizardmen team (or even an Ogre team if you wish to have a greater challenge) it's an outstanding idea. As a new concept for an actual team, hell no.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Just like to point out that Shearl weren't Titchy, or even Stunty - they were stronger than a human. The only thing that differentiated between Shearl and Fimm Warriors was a lower leadership and fighting statline, and a smooth tail - they were approx the same size.

Keep Shearl out of the team - at best, they'd be pulling the team carriage. Adding them into the team is like adding lobotomised human slaves into the Slann team (kids, no respect for the flluff...).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

I like One Eye. That is a cool little skill. It's a cool device for making a a agility player that isn't a ball handler, but still has both hands.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Darkson wrote:Keep Shearl out of the team - at best, they'd be pulling the team carriage. Adding them into the team is like adding lobotomised human slaves into the Slann team (kids, no respect for the flluff...).
Can't have 11x ST4 players....

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

mattgslater wrote:Can't have 11x ST4 players....
I never suggested they did - did you?

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

One Eye is just an excuse for low Agility.

Maybe all Armour 8.

Prehensile Tail would be fun.

Maybe some with Claws, others with hypnotise (not sure if it is in the fluff), maybe a lot of standfirm.

I'm going to say it now.

NO - NO and F NO!

IIRC Fimir were best on stuff from the film the Dark Crystal... which was crap and I do not need reminders to the bad film catalogue of the 1980s

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Yeah, but a bashy Prehensile Tail team sounds like so much fun!

Oh, and One Eye is a half-measure on Break Tackle, as well as a way of denying SPP without crippling the team's ability to carry the ball. You could make it even simpler, if you like.

One Eye: Players with One Eye have no depth perception. When a player with One Eye throws an accurate pass, treat the pass as inaccurate unless a 6 is rolled on the Pass attempt. When a player with One Eye attempts to catch the ball without a +1 bonus for an accurate pass or handoff, subtract -1 from the effort.

Take 2:
0-16 Shearl 5/3/2/9 One Eye, Prehensile Tail GS 50k
0-4 Warrior 4/4/2/9 One Eye, Prehensile Tail GS 90k
0-2 Dirach 6/3/3/8 Disturbing Presence, Hypnotic Gaze, One Eye, Prehensile Tail GP 100k
TRR 60k

Starting roster: 4 Warriors, Dirach, 6 Shearls, 3 TRRs, TV1M