Fimir Team

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

tzoscey
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Fimir Team

Post by tzoscey »

you can always can treat "one eye" as animosity, so every pass has a 2+ posibility to success

Reason: ''
One Orc, Two Orc , Another injury
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Animosity isn't soul-crushing enough: if you really want to chuck it and have a TRR, Animosity won't stop you. One Eye should basically mean: 1) pass = punt (no direct penalty to keep fumbles out of the equation; no depth perception doesn't make you fumble), and 2) loose ball in the clear is no better than loose ball in the scrum.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Nikolai II
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nikolai II »

Shouldn't they have disturbing presence? At least that's what I remember from the WFRP rulebook.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I have it on the Dirach. With all the Prehensile Tail, they're at risk of becoming Dwarfs II.

Could take out the Dirach, and just make it Shearls and Warriors....

0-16 Shearl 5/3/3/8 One Eye, Prehensile Tail, Thick Skull GS 60k
0-4 Warrior 4/4/2/9 Disturbing Presence, One Eye, Prehensile Tail, Thick Skull GS 100k
0-1 Noble 5/4/3/9 Claw, Disturbing Presence, One Eye, Prehensile Tail, Thick Skull GS 130k
60k TRR

But that kind of steps on Nurgle....

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Still see no improvement on the MBBL2 roster.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Darkson wrote:Still see no improvement on the MBBL2 roster.
That's got too many fluff skills for me, which is my general problem with MBBL2. I'm a believer in limiting the number of unique extraordinary skills to one per new team, to make it easier on opposing coaches. Also, there shouldn't be Meargh in BB, and Warriors should be at least as strong as Dirach.

Okay... here. The Fimir are a tough, gritty bog team, in many ways a cross between Dwarfs and Nurgle, though a little faster and without the skill advantages of either team.

0-16 Shearl 6/3/1/8 Break Tackle, Prehensile Tail GS 50k
0-2 Runner 7/3/2/8 Break Tackle, Prehensile Tail, Sure Hands GP 80k
0-2 Dirach 6/3/2/9 Break Tackle, Disturbing Presence, Pass Block, Prehensile Tail GAP 90k
0-4 Warrior 5/4/1/9 Break Tackle, Prehensile Tail GS 100k
0-1 Noble 5/4/1/9 Break Tackle, Claw, Prehensile Tail GS 130k
TRR 60k

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Nope.

Take the MBBL2 team, drop the Meargh/Diragh, drop the Wizard-linked from the Daemons, and it's done.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

Wow this one has run quite long, I was just proposing them as a house ruled version of GOres to make Ogres a bit less crap. Ignoring all fluff etc...

But if I were doing this properly I would probably go for something like this as Darkson says-

0-12 Fimm Warrior 50,000 5 3 2 8 Thick Skull, Prehensile Tail, Single Eye, - G, S,
0-4 Fimm Finmor 120,000 5 4 1 9 Thick Skull, Prehensile Tail, Cleaver Tipped Tail (Treat as Claw), Single Eye - G, S,

Single Eye: The Fimir have a single eye in the center of their head. This gives all Fimir players very poor depth-vision. A Fimir player must reroll any successful pass, using the result from the second dice roll (even if it is successful). Note: a coach may use a team/leader/tropy re-roll, Pass or Pro skill on either of these two dice rolls but NOT both.

But that looks like a pretty boring team to play.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

0-16 Fimm Warrior 40,000 5/3/2/8 Prehensile Tail, Single Eye G/ASP
0-4 Fimm Finmor 110,000 5/4/2/9 Prehensile Tail, Cleaver Tipped Tail (Treat as Claw), Single Eye GS/AP
0-2* Lesser Daemon 90,000 6/3/4/7 Dodge, Leap GA/SP

Single Eye: The Fimir have a single eye in the center of their head. This gives all Fimir players very poor depth-vision. A Fimir player must reroll any successful pass, using the result from the second dice roll (even if it is successful). Note: a coach may use a team/leader/tropy re-roll, Pass or Pro skill on either of these two dice rolls but NOT both.

*Daemons may need a price rise due to the loss of the Wizard-Linked negative.

Happy to play this.

garion

Post by garion »

Why daemons though? they dont seem to fit too well. Also that mix of AG and St looks a bit too top tier for my taste.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Because Fimir were Daemon summoners (but not Chaos Daemons, hence the lack of M access).
But if need be, the Daemons can be reduced to AG3 (for a price reduction).

Nikolai II
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nikolai II »

How about making the demons into a 0-1 big guy instead?

Daemon: 150,000 6/5/2/9 Really Stupid (needs orders), Mighty Blow, Regeneration, Thick Skull SM/GAP (Mutations since it is a summoned entity, subject to change)

(Regeneration can be changed to other suitable skill, like frenzy. Same thing goes for Thick Skull, since afterwards it rounds down)

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Meh on the Daemons. They're not on any Chaotic teams.

Otherwise, I think we pretty much all agree on the basic themes at this point. Personally, I think all the one-eye mechanics presented are balanceable; which one to go with really depends on your tolerance for complexity and/or new skills and/or new dice, and the level of nerf required for the team variant. I kind of like the idea of Single Eye screwing both passer and receiver, so it can be used as the template for some other cyclopic critter later.

As for team ST balance, there clearly must be ST3 and ST4 players on the team: Fimm are a ST-based bash team (as opposed to skill-based bash teams like Dwarfs/CD/Norse), so there must be 4-5 ST4 players on a ST3-based team.

Shearls vs two different-ST Warrior positions, I don't think there's a great fluff argument either way. The shearls are "slightly smaller" (WFRP1, p218), which is good fluff for ST-balance. They wouldn't normally be encountered in a raiding party, says Darkson, but I'm not convinced: Fimir aren't farmers and shearls gotta do something. Besides, Vamps and the various attempts at Bretonnians have enshrined the role of the enslaved football player in BB. But, if you can find a way to create a good-looking team within the fluff, just using Warriors, similar-but-elite Nobles, and Dirach, I'm all for it. Mearghs in football makes about as much sense as your mom playing football (quite literally).

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Shearls have even less place on the team than Peasant do on Brettonians - do you see Slaves anywhere on the Skaven roster?

Diargh I could live with, but the problem is it would have to be a 0-1 position, which is a no-no outside of Big Guys (which he certainly isn't), and SW (which he doesn't have).

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Darkson wrote:Shearls have even less place on the team than Peasant do on Brettonians - do you see Slaves anywhere on the Skaven roster?

Diargh I could live with, but the problem is it would have to be a 0-1 position, which is a no-no outside of Big Guys (which he certainly isn't), and SW (which he doesn't have).
Not convinced on Dirach one way or the other. WFRP1 seems to suggest Shearls might be encountered by adventurers, in that Fimir are nomadic and travel in smallish warbands.

You can't tell if Linerats are clanrats or skavenslaves. Vampiric Thralls and Hobgoblin players are another matter; if anything, those are the closest parallels.