More special position players

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ravenal
Rookie
Rookie

More special position players

Post by Ravenal »

All right, before you flame out.

First, apologies if this has been suggested before.

Example: 0-4 Dark elf blitzers on the team roaster ... changed to 0-4 Dark elf blitzers on the field at the same time.

This would mean you "could" have a team roaster with 8 Dark elf blitzers if you "really" wanted to. You just couldn't field more than 4 at any given kickoff.

This would go for all teams and all position players. It's a very easy change and provides some interesting benefits to the game.

Small teams that rely on big guys. Take out a goblin troll and the fifth troll on the roaster makes an appearance. The small team stays competitive in the game strength-wise but sacrifices some TV.
Smooths out TV management. Got that awesome star player that's just getting to be TV bloat? Train up a rookie position player while still keeping the star player on the roaster ... until the rookie gets a skill or two.
Death isn't as devastating to a team. Losing a special position player can be disheartening for people that love their teams. Don't despair, you have an extra somewhat experienced position player waiting to fill up the missing slot.

Keeping an extra wardancer loitering on your team roaster is quite expensive, but the benefit to this is that you can replace special position players depending on the team you are playing. Dauntless blitzers not so useful against halflings (and you would rather just leave the tree to your ogre), field the tackling blitzer instead!

This even offers some new skill opportunities, "Disguise" could be a general or agility skill that allows you to field a special position player like he was a lineman.

...interesting :)

Reason: ''
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Re: More special position players

Post by dode74 »

"Disguise" could be a general or agility skill that allows you to field a special position player like he was a lineman.
I'm seeing a snotling/ogre issue here :lol:

Ravenal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ravenal »

dode74 wrote:I'm seeing a snotling/ogre issue here :lol:
really? It'd be a double roll for the ogre. Worth more TV and most likely at least the second double rolled.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

dode74 wrote:
"Disguise" could be a general or agility skill that allows you to field a special position player like he was a lineman.
I'm seeing a snotling/ogre issue here :lol:
I'd love to see the disguise used to fool a ref into thinking an Ogre was a snotling. :lol:

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Ravenal wrote:
dode74 wrote:I'm seeing a snotling/ogre issue here :lol:
really? It'd be a double roll for the ogre. Worth more TV and most likely at least the second double rolled.
I meant in terms of what spubbba said ;)