Werewolf team

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Werewolf team

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

- Wererabbit, Quantity 0-16, 60k, MA 6, ST 3, AG 3, AV 8, Skills: Frenzy, Normal GP, Double AS
- Werewolf, Quantity 0-4, 80k, MA 6, ST 3, AG 3, AV 7, Skills: Horns, Juggernaut, Regeneration, Normal GAS, Double P
- Big Werewolf, Quantity 0-2, 90k, MA 6, ST 3, AG 3, AV 8, Skills: Frenzy, Horns, Juggernaut, Normal GS, Double AP
- Werebear, Quantity 0-1, 180k, MA 6, ST 5, AG 1, AV 9, Skills: Loner, Wild Animal, Claw, Frenzy, Horns, Juggernaut, Regeneration, Normal S, Double GAP
- Reroll : 70k
- Apoth: yes

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Werewolf team

Post by Shteve0 »

Were Halflings!

0-16 Halfling 40,000gp 6237 Dodge, Stunty, Transform
0-0* Wererabbit 0gp 6337 Dodge, Stunty, Leap, Frenzy, Blood Lust, No Hands

Transform
At the beginning of this player's action and at the beginning of each drive, roll a D6. On a score of 6, the player transforms into a Wererabbit - mark the transformation with an appropriate miniature or marker. At the end of each drive, all Wererabbits revert to being Halflings.

Ha!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

But what if he transforms with no hands and he's carrying the ball? :P

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

He drops it :)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Frenzy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Frenzy »

After having read through this I'm sad to see nobody really came up with a definitive team. Werewolves have great potential to make a really fun Blood Bowl team.

Even if we just combined the Necromantic Werewolves and Norse Werewolves, gave the team a lineman of sorts, and a big guy. Perhaps a Werebear. Then just tweaked them a little bit to give them some unique flavor, but I guess this is the part that everyone had trouble with.

Cracol
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cracol »

There's already a werewolf style team with lots of frenzy, Cyanide call it Khorne :wink:

"No guy with pride ever relied on no guide sucka!" Mr T
SlannMann
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SlannMann »

This post is prob way too late, but the whole idea of the Were team starting as linemen who roll to see whether they change into their Were form for the game rule didn't really work for me. I would prefer to stick with the Necro teams idea whose werewolves stay as werewolves for the entire game. I think a Were team should blend the two so you have the main part of the team as simple linemen (they just haven't been able to shift for the match) and X number of Weres (representing those that did manage to change). So my thought is something like these two rosters (Roster 2 has a -10k discount to FCP to allow for 0-6 werewolves and thus the werewolf team concept, the price for which I also inc for roster one). You could reduce the price of the Werecat to 70k and reduce it's strength to 2 for a cheap starting Were if you wish. Roster 2's Werebear I include just because i think the Willy Miniature's War Bear is just too nice not to have it's own profile stats rather than having to be used to represent a Norse Snow Troll all of the time :) :

Roster 1
0-16 Linemen 50,000 6 3 3 8 G
0-2 Werecats 100,000 7 3 3 7 Jump Up, Leap, Side Step, Very Long Legs A
0-2 Werewolves 110,000 7 3 3 8 Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration GA
0-2 Werebears 120,000 4 5 1 8 Frenzy, Mighty Blow, Regeneration, Thick Skull S
0-8 Re Rolls 60,000
Apothecary : Yes

Roster 2
0-16 Linemen 50,000 6 3 3 8 G
0-6 Werewolves 110,000 7 3 3 8 Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration GA
0-1 Werebear 150,000 5 5 2 8 Loner, Frenzy, Claws, Regeneration, Thick Skull S
Wild Animal
0-8 Re Rolls 60,000
Apothecary : Yes

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Linemen, the str 4 norse guys and the necro wolves.

0-16 Linemen 6/3/3/8 G/APS 50k
0-2 Ulfwerener 6/4/2/8 Frenzy GS/AP 110k
0-4 Werewolves 8/3/3/8 Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration GA/PS 120k
60k RR
Helmut Wulf (110k), Wilhelm Chaney (240k), Zara the Slayer (270k), Icepelt Hammerblow (330k), Morg ‘n’ Thorg (430k)

I would have said 60k frenzy linemen, but it has been done? Could have Regen 60k linemen? Either option would change the above to 0-2 werewolves.

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

0-4 werewolves are too much...

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Alright, a more serious suggestion then.

How d'you like this?

0-16 Human Form 6 3 3 7 G/SAP Transform 40k
0 Werewolf Form 8 3 4 8 Frenzy, Claw, Regeneration, Unstable Mutation

Skills:
Transform (E) The player may declare a Transform action (the player may not move or take any other action this turn). Roll a D6. On a roll of 2+ the player transforms into Werewolf Form (all skills, stats and injuries are retained). On a roll of 1 the action is lost.
Unstable Mutation (E) When this player declares any action, roll a D6. On a roll of 1 the action is lost and the player transforms into Human Form. On a roll of 2+ the player may complete the action as normal.

Frenzy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Frenzy »

Shteve0 wrote:Alright, a more serious suggestion then.

How d'you like this?

Skills:
Transform (E) The player may declare a Transform action (the player may not move or take any other action this turn). Roll a D6. On a roll of 2+ the player transforms into Werewolf Form (all skills, stats and injuries are retained). On a roll of 1 the action is lost.
Unstable Mutation (E) When this player declares any action, roll a D6. On a roll of 1 the action is lost and the player transforms into Human Form. On a roll of 2+ the player may complete the action as normal.
I think the transform should be on a 4+, a 2+ is too easy. I also think the base stats for the werewolves should be 8338. No need for an AG boost. I would love to see the humans go 5337 to counter balance the 8 move on the werewolves.

Just my thoughts. I like the idea, though!

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Shteve0 wrote:Alright, a more serious suggestion then.

How d'you like this?

Skills:
Great new concept!
It need to be tested!
Ps:
- i would give regular stats to those werewolves...
- i would give same skill access to the linemen (GA/SP) as the werewolves.
- team RR 70k. Of course.
- starplayers : all the beast ones (Willem, icepelt, 1 mutant skaven, the mino...)

adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Post by adhansa »

Very nice idea.. Could you not steamline it, something like:

0-16 Lycantroph 6 3 3 8 G/SAP Regeneration, Transform 70k
Rerolls 70k, No apo, Igor

Skills:
Transform (E) The player may declare a Transform action (the player may not move or take any other action this turn). The player transforms into Werewolf Form at the end of the action.
When a player in Werewolf Form declares any action, he roll a D6. On a roll of 1 the action is lost and the player loses the Werewolf Form. On a roll of 2+ the player may complete the action as normal.
While in Werewolf Form the player gains +2 MV, Frenzy and Claws

Included the av and regen into the baseform to be able to bump the player cost.. A team of 40k cost playes lead to such strange teambuilds. My guess is that ag4 werewwolfs will be overkill. I also removed the 2+ to transform, dpn't think it's nessessary. You still have the crusial 2+ while transformed, thats the roll that really might screw things up for you.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Yeah, as you like. Personally I'd prefer they were AV7 base at 70k, and that they gained "Claw, Frenzy, and Unstable Mutation" when they were werewolves. My gut instinct is that they need to be a bit more brittle than the Wolf form, give the opponent something to target. I believe Regeneration is also costed at 30k and an 80k base player is too much (certainly for journeymem).

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

G only access will make for a very poor high TV team indeed. I like the basis but it'd be nice to see a couple of positionals with A access as well, and maybe even some with S access but no out-of-the-box claw.