Werewolf team

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

So:
0-16 Lycanthrope 6337 Regeneration, Transform GA/SP 70k
[Werewolf form 8338 Regeneration, Claw, Frenzy, Unstable Mutation]
Rerolls 70k
Apoth: No
Morg, Icepelt, Crazy Igor, Helmut Wolf (hur hur hur), Wilhelm Chaney, maybe Count Luthor?

Sounds reasonable. I have no idea if it'd be playable, but I'd be interested in giving it a try. The reason I gave the wolves ag4 in the first place was to incentivise the transform a bit more and to provide them team with a stronger gameplan, but I guess with the narrower gap between thrall and wolf there's a more strategic trade-off to the element of 'keep the thrall or sacrifice an action and gain a load of upgrades and a negatrait'. Yeah, I like it.

Reason: ''
League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Werewolf team

Post by Sandwich »

Looks similar to what happened in 2nd edition, so gets a thumbs up from me :-)

I'd second the idea of making it +2MA and +1AV on transformation, otherwise not sure how you'd handle a player who had rolled a +MA, but otherwise it looks like a lot of fun!

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I'd still like to see werebear and werecat positions added.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Not for me, personally. They're not werewolves, and in that regard I think less is more. But if you must, then maybe something like:

0-2 werecat 6337 Dodge, Regeneration, Transform GA/SP 90k
0-2 werebear 4428 Regeneration, Transform GS/AP 110k

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Re:

Post by babass »

Shteve0 wrote:So:
0-16 Lycanthrope 6337 Regeneration, Transform GA/SP 70k
[Werewolf form 8338 Regeneration, Claw, Frenzy, Unstable Mutation]
Rerolls 70k
Apoth: No
Morg, Icepelt, Crazy Igor, Helmut Wolf (hur hur hur), Wilhelm Chaney, maybe Count Luthor?

Sounds reasonable. I have no idea if it'd be playable, but I'd be interested in giving it a try. The reason I gave the wolves ag4 in the first place was to incentivise the transform a bit more and to provide them team with a stronger gameplan, but I guess with the narrower gap between thrall and wolf there's a more strategic trade-off to the element of 'keep the thrall or sacrifice an action and gain a load of upgrades and a negatrait'. Yeah, I like it.
av8 would be better for this cost.

I do like those cost and the regen: it mean 12 men and 2 RR at tv100.

I don't like the idea of positionnal for this roster...

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

I think there's room for a few alternatives here. You could even bring the old Werewolf back with catch (though he was oddly described).

I'm playing with a Werewolf roster that I developed along the lines of a vamp roster. That being 2 player types and extremely 2 tiered.

0-6 Werewolves
0-16 6 3 3 7 (aka thralls) linos.

It's pretty simple and plays fairly well. They're likely to get demoted from my top division, unless they win their last game. So they have been doing well, but suffer when losing good players at higher TV.

There's room for a mixed were or a 2nd ed roster too. Garion has had his ideas

https://fumbbl.com/help:WerewolfT

https://fumbbl.com/help:WereT

I can't say i'm overly keen on mixed were teams. Though there was a werebear team, and it's a good opportunity to develop a new big guy.

I'd like to have a go at a 2nd ed team (they were extremely OP at the time), but pretty difficult on a client. Easier on TT. Remember that 2nd ed wolves were very powerful, but spent basically a turn and a half changing into a wolf.

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

Werewolf Teams
QTY Position Cost MV ST AG AV Skills
0-16 Linemen 60 6 3 3 8 Frenzy GS AP
0-2 Werewolf Runners 90 7 3 3 7 Frenzy, Wrestle, Kick-Off Return GAP S
0-2 Greater Werewolfs 110 6 4 2 8 Frenzy, Juggernaut, GS AP
0-2 Werewolfs 120 8 3 3 8 Frenzy, Claws, Catch GA SP
Reroll: 50K
Starplayers: BOOMER EZIASSON, HELMUT WULF, WILHELM CHANEY, MIGHTY ZUG (or maybe Zara), COUNT LUTHOR von DRAKENBORG, MORG ’N’ THORG

If you want a full frenzy team, then you need S access on linemen, so they can take guard.
Runners get kick-off return as tongue in cheek skill.
Greater Werewolfs are of course norse werewolfs wih jugger. The norse werewolf is 10k overpriced, and using tom anders method, the GW can get jugger for free without being underpriced.
To give them a better on pitch winning chance, werewolfs exchange regen with catch - like wilhelm.
They are all werewolfs and work great as a team, so they get 50k rerolls

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
SlannMann
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SlannMann »

I really like the look of your werewolf runner Bakunin, but I think he would cost 110k?
After reading this thread again I couldn't help have another stab for fun! Roster 1 is based on fixed transformation rolls as with the werewolves on the current LRB6 necro team. Roster 2 is based on the rolling of a D6 in order to change, as like in 2nd Ed rules.
Roster 1
0-16 Linemen - 50k - 6/3/3/7 - Fend - G / SAP
0-2 Retrievers - 90k - 6/3/3/7 - Kick-off Return, Sprint, Sure Feet - GAP / S
0-4 Blockers - 110k - 6/4/2/8 - Frenzy, Regeneration - GS / AP
0-2 Blitzers - 120k - 7/3/3/8 - Claws, frenzy, Regeneration - GA / SP
0-1 Ulfjarls - 170k - 6/5/2/8 - Loner, Claws, Foul Appearance, Frenzy, Regeneration - S/GAP
0-8 Rerolls - 60k
Apothecary: Yes
Stars: Helmut Wulf, Icepelt Hammerblow, Mighty Zug, Morg 'n' Thorg, Wilhelm Chaney, Zara the Slayer

Roster 2
Lycanthropy (Extraordinary)
This player has a horrible infectious curse that runs through his veins which can be passed on when he kills an opponent during a Block, Blitz or Foul action (after an apothecary attempt, if any, is used). The team may immediately place a new Lineman in the Reserves box of their dug out and this may put the team above 16 players for the remainder of the match. He cannot have the Decay, Regeneration or Stunty skills. Should the opponent have been Strength 4 or higher, then he passes his Transformation roll, he shapeshifts into a Blocker positional. You can only gain Blockers by killing a Strength 4+ player. This new player may be added to your Werewolf team for free during step 5 of Updating your Roster (pg 29) if you have less than 16 players on your team.

0-16 Linemen - 50k - 6/3/3/7 - Fend, Lycanthropy - G / SAP
0-16 Blitzers - 120k - 7/3/3/8 - Claws, frenzy, Lycanthropy, Regeneration - GA / SP
0-4 Blockers* - 110k - 6/4/2/8 - Frenzy, Lycanthropy, Regeneration - GS / AP
0-8 Rerolls - 50k
Apothecary: Yes (only useable on non-shapeshifted players)
Stars: Helmut Wulf, Icepelt Hammerblow, Mighty Zug, Morg 'n' Thorg, Wilhelm Chaney, Zara the Slayer

SlannMann
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SlannMann »

For game purposes, I think Frenzy and Regeneration have more to do with Werewolves than Claws.
The Blitzer is obvs the Necromantic Werewolf (which is often used for blitzing), except with -1 MV. It costs the same whether with MV 8 or 7, so I thought it would have MV 7 just to have some kind of difference compared to the Necromantic Werewolf. Blockers are based on Norse Ulfwereners, although as they are over priced by 10k I gave them Regeneration as I feel they should have it as Weres.
I gave Fend to the Linemen as it's fair to say that if they didn't learn how to keep their slavering psycopathic team mates at a distance, they would be ripped to shreds.
Retrievers are all about getting to the ball quickly.
Ulfjarls are described as "the princes of the Ulfwerener", so a bigger, badder Ulfwerener was chosen as a Big Guy for the team (and acts as another werewolf breed/ positional). If you didn't think Foul Appearance suited a giant, scary-ass, gore-splattered werewolf, then simply remove it and lower it's cost to 150k.

SlannMann
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SlannMann »

PS. The Ulfjarls have Wild Animal (I always seem to miss off something! :D )

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

SlannMann wrote:I really like the look of your werewolf runner Bakunin, but I think he would cost 110k?
0-2 Werewolf Runners 90 7 3 3 7 Frenzy, Wrestle, Kick-Off Return GAP/S

Every one on the team has frenzy, so is alomst becomes a negativ skill, so every gets a discount at 10k for frenzy.
Kick-Off Return is a subpar skill, that only works on kick-offs, so the runner gains it at 10k.

Humen linemen (50k)
50k - 20k for -av = 30k
30k + 20k for +mv = 50k
50k + 10k for frenzy = 60K
60k + 10k for kick-off = 70k
70k + 20k for wrestle = 90k

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Here are some more idea's:

1) Players transform into were form for the rest of the match when they fall (from a block, failed dodge, failed go for it, etc) - this is easily marked with a counter or elastic band
2) Were form is +1 to all base stats
3) Were form has frenzy
4) Were form must take a whiz on trees if start next to them
5) Were form must leave the drive (move to reserves) if they kill or injure an undead (failed regen) / they can return next drive
6) Human form needs to be suitably weakened to balance were forms
7) all players are eligible for Were form.
8) Re-rolls should be expensive this needs to be a fluff tier 2 or worse team

Apply positionals as needed/desired.

If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

All players have an Norse statline, block skill and Exceptional Skill "Lycanthropy"

0-16 Lycanthrope - 6 3 3 7 Block, Lycanthropy GA/SP 80k
60k rerolls
no apo

Lycanthropy:
When this player is knocked down by an opponent as part of an block action, this player changes into his Werewolf form and gains +2 MV, +1 AV, Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration.
The player remains in Werewolf form until the half ends.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

So I guess a coach just won't use the Block skill the first time they get hit.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

That's kind of interesting though, isn't it? You have to make an educated decision on whether to use the block skill or not (without looking at the rules, presuming it's optional like wrestle or dodge). I think that's a nifty bit of design.

Have to have an apo, with all that AV7 running around. You're most likely won't have more than couple of wolves on the field most games.