Werewolf team

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Werewolf team

Post by Corvidius »

Linemen = 60k, like human linemen but with Regen. Folks that have been bit but haven't changed yet.

Catchers = 8 3 3 7 Sure feet, Catch, Regen. 80k G/A access. Wolf form weres.

Blitzers = necro werewolves. Man wolf form.

Blockers =Ulfwereners. Mad men with lunacy in it's technical form.

Thrower = 7337 Sure Hands, Pass, Regen. 80k

Big guy = alpha wolf 7428 wild animal, dauntless, mighty blow, claws. 140k S access.

Rerolls for 60k because they are a pack.

:)

Reason: ''
juck101
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by juck101 »

0- 6 werewolfs

0-16 thralls

reroll 70k

-------------
Bish bash bosh. I like the idea of them being the same as vamps teams and being the complete mirror with frenzy and the brute strength of 6 claw players. It even feels like it might be balanced. The fluff reminds me of Underworld and I like the simple solution for this one. Sorry if its dull but it feels perfect

...the pope said to his aid...
harroguk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harroguk »

juck101 wrote:0- 6 werewolfs

0-16 thralls

reroll 70k

-------------
Bish bash bosh. I like the idea of them being the same as vamps teams and being the complete mirror with frenzy and the brute strength of 6 claw players. It even feels like it might be balanced. The fluff reminds me of Underworld and I like the simple solution for this one. Sorry if its dull but it feels perfect
Vamps get a negatrait to balance their awsome (ST4 AG4) I get the distinct feeling that if you have 6x werewolves they would probably need balancing too.

Commisioner (Retired) of - DBBL in Daventry
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

When did werewolves ever have thralls?? Sorry just not buying it. Should be all weres on the team but different ones for different functions (ie, strong bashy blitzers, fast agile catchers and average linemen)
I was thinking that the catcher (or fetcher) type could have lower AV but get regen (and no claw, has to clip them so he doesn't deflate the ball :wink: :wink: )
The blitzer type can be strong and decent AV but no regen, have frenzy, but no claw.
Have the linemen have average stats but all start with claw.

Just my thoughts, not sure what the actual stats would be or how much they would cost.

I just remembered there was a werewolf themed team done for one of the BB mags (I think, or was it one of the compendiums?) that was based on the Norse team. Maybe base the stats on a thrower-less Norse team and adjust the stats and costs from there.
Not sure how well that would work.

GO STAMPEDERS!
harroguk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harroguk »

If you are going to give claw as standard to the majority of the team then you have to not give them ST access and even then I think that they will still be amazing. That's why I suggested some sort of transformation mechanic to make them less reliable as insane death machines.

juck101

Post by juck101 »

Thralls are just were's that are not switched form.

I can totally see enough fluff for essentially all the team being lumpus effected humans but only a few exhibiting the traits at any given point. maybe I been watching "being Human" too much (bb2 tv series) and can see monsters are mostly 'normal' most of the time but have the beast within.

Yes no off-for-a-bite rule is a big boost but they are not that all conqueerring. I would consider 6 frenzy a nega-trait as such as i think thats a little too much to play with. I guess a were currently is a power player but I dont think having multiple would be that easy to skill them all and they wont be a very versitle team. Just consider it a New Idea and would need playtesting to see how good or bad it is?

The were's are mega expensive and starting with 4 frenzy players without block I dont think would be that broken. I would expect they sit around tier 1.5 and have potential power liek a pact team. I doubt the variety is enough for them to be stuning. Thrall similar human shifters are terrible and wont make a great player. maybe 80k rerolls shoulod be the playtest mark but I cant see the team being great untill later on. Possibly at 1750+ the side is very strong but we would have to test it.

...the pope said to his aid...
Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

juck101 wrote:Thralls are just were's that are not switched form.
Thralls wear less armour because vamps want an easier snack.

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

If you did Thralls turn into Werewolves then the lack of armour means the ability to change more quickly into a tougher Werewolf.

I like the idea of transformation because it means that a Werewolf could be really nasty but in human form they lose alot of their abilities and are bit of a wuss.

You could have a nice super tough werewolf and for some reason plays in human form all game.

IMO it would be nice for switching players and would be a unique gaming experience for the team. Otherwise you have your set positions and some super cool stuff and not so super cool stuff.

The idea of 80k per player means that you can have 11 for 880 and a reroll and a vet er apoth.

OK there could be on average 5 players in wolf form but do you want that much frenzy on the pitch? You try and get position when blocks send wolfie off into the wide zone. Therefore it would be funny and testing to play.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
harroguk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harroguk »

Especially if you don't give them A access so they can't take sidestep.

Or no G access so they can't take block.

Or neither :p

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

harroguk wrote:Especially if you don't give them A access so they can't take sidestep.

Or no G access so they can't take block.

Or neither :p
Are you mad... giving them S allows them to have Mighty Blow and Piling On and they already have claws!

I thought normal Weres could have GA anyway so I was keeping to that fluff bit.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Having players transform into weres isn't something I'm against (it was done with the original werewolf team in 2ed), I was just saying that I would like to see more than just 2 stat lines, one human one were form.
Human form can be fairly average (kinda like all linemen type) and they would get better when they change (roll once per drive for change, any injury of any kind that takes them off the field results in going back to human form, so would include KO).
Would still want to have blitzer and catcher type weres even if tranformation rules were used.

GO STAMPEDERS!
harroguk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harroguk »

For me the thing that should set them apart from other teams (that are essentially just different stat lines) should be the transformation mechanic.

In order to keep the mechanic relevant during the drive then there should be a chance that your awesome player turns into something below average at a critical moment. In order to achieve this you need to roll for were form in every activation.

The fact that I have never played 2nd ed (or even read the ru,es to it) screams to me that this is the interesting mechanic for this.

Is soon as you transform between drives you have pretty much diluted the team down to lizard men so why not just play them?

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

IMO to prevent the constand rolling of dice, every drive would be better than every action. Also it is not subject to rerolls that way.

To be honest. The human thrall stat line is fairly simple. Just remember what skills the player has and minus claws and frenzy.

I like the idea if in wolf form they get to regenerate... but not if they are in human form.

Gives it a sort of weakness and takes the uberness out of it.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Raziel_Spry
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Raziel_Spry »

Rolling once per drive takes the "fail at a critical moment" risk out of the equation, and rolling every action would mean way too many dice rolls when you have a full team of weres. How about rolling for transformation at the start of a Blitz action? Kinda like a hybrid of Wild Animal and Horns? They could keep that form (and stat/skill bonuses) until a subsequent blitz action, or until they are stunned?

I like the idea of the team, but not sure if other player types would be necessary... Maybe a couple of permanently transformed (and therefore reliable) weres?

harroguk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harroguk »

Vampires roll 6/11 players per turn and it adds very little time as there are never any modifiers to add to the dice roll, simply check if it is a 1 or not. Personally I don't think the number of dice you roll is that excessive, it's not even like you would drastically change your tactics most of the time on a fail (as normally players will be taking a move action) unlike vampires where if you fail you normally need to replan your entire action to account for Bloodlust.